My wife and I travelled to Cuba for the first time Dec -06-13th 2011 . Gran Club Santa Lucia, was the all inclusive resort we chose to stay.
We loved the experience, the staff were very attentive to our needs, the food was good, (I stayed away from the pork) and we loved the clean and very safe environment.
We made many new friends with the staff, Manuel the gardner, Joel the bartender and of course Pluto the entertainer.
For a real adventure we travelled to Las 80 town prounounced Los ochenta
The people have very little in the way of soap, and the things we take for granted.
However they are very big on hospitality.
When staying at Gran Club walk out to the main gate and ask any of the bike taxi for Daniel
the bike taxi driver. For $5.00 CUC you get an English speaking tour guide and a wonderful ride. Also he is available for personal tours to assist you.
For $10.00 CUC a complete and comprehensive tour is available, just speak to him.
Tell him you read the review from John & Cathy.
This man struggles to raise a growing family and extended family.
Also Alex is another Taxi Bike driver who speaks great English and will be more than helpful in conducting a great tour.
When I read the reviews about how this club does not look after people I just wonder in amazement. We were very well looked after and look forward to going again someday.
We loved it....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-inclusive hotel is located right on Santa Lucia Beach, Camaguey Province, Cuba, just a few feet from the coral reef. Its well kept tropical gardens, professional and friendly staff, make this resort the perfect vacation choice for families, couples and honeymooners. Accommodation 252 air conditioned rooms: 12 coral suites, 8 superior junior suites, 86 junior suites & 2 junior suites with special facilities for guests with disabilities and 144 standard rooms. Every room has private bath, mini - fridge, telephone, satellite TV, hair dryer, 110V & 220V. Each junior suite has a living room and balcony or terrace. Included Services For food and beverage services there is a buffet restaurant, specialized in international cuisine; three "A la Carte" restaurants specialized in Cuban, Italian and seafood cuisine. There are 5 bars: lobby bar, beach bar, pool bar, coffee bar and a discotheque. A snack bar is available. The hotel has a swimming pool with separate area for children; day and night entertainment with shows and live music; Mini club with varied daily and night activities for children from 4 to 12 years old. Dance lessons, Spanish lessons, table games, billiard, ping pong, bicycles, non motorized water sports and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran Club) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Club Santa Lucia Hotel Playa Santa Lucia
- Gran Hotel Camaguey
- Gran Hotel Santa Lucia
- Santa Lucia Camaguey
- Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran Club) Playa Santa Lucia, Cuba - Camaguey Province