I'm not going to bore you with every fine detail, but i will say this.
If you are looking for 5 star luxury then look somewhere else, and by that i mean another country. This is a 3 star resort and the price reflects that. If you're looking for a dirt cheap vacation, and don't plan on staying in your room the entire time you're there, and you're looking to have a great time in the sun with fantastic friendly hotel staff and guests, then you can't get a better bang for your buck than here!
We stayed at Mayanabo from March 2 to 9th, and I have to say it was far better than I expected, in all aspects. I was a bit leary at first after reading alot of the bad reviews here, but i needed to get away somewhere without breaking the bank so i bit the bullet and went. I am so glad i didn't let the reviews here persuade me not to go to this resort.
The food was okay, I always found enough to fill me up for each meal. The bar staff was always cheery, there was always somebody cleaning somewhere throughout the day.
Yes there are old men with their cuban escorts and you could pick them out of a thousand people even if you were blind, it was so obvious, but they keep to themselves. I wasn't bothered by it at all. I did get woken up a couple times at 3:30 in the morning from the loud music down the street at the nightclubs, but hey I was on vacation as well as everyone that was at that nightclub enjoying themselves! so i chalked it up to just that.
The rooms are passable at best, but we only used our room to sleep and change, the rest of our time was spent outside enjoying the sun and the friendly people around us.
I highly recommend the Crocodile Tour. You get to hold a real live croc and have someone take your picture doing so. It was a great experience and more than worth the money.
We also went on the Camaguey last day tour, which i would also recommend. But beware of the beggars approaching you asking for handouts.
Bottom line, yes I would go back in a heartbeat, and am already in the process of planning my next visit to Mayanabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Club Amigo Mayanabo. In this All Inclusive hotel, you can enjoy a perfect combination of sun and sand and get contact with nature through diving, kite surfing or snorkeling, which are favorite choices of those who visit this resort. At present, the senior of the hotels in Saint Lucia, Cuba, offers accommodation service accompanied by a wide range of cuisine and a varied program of daytime and evening entertainment. Accommodation 225 rooms, including 189 double standard, 12 triples, 12 doubles and 12 suites. All with air conditioning, hairdryer, telephone and satellite TV. Included Services 1 buffet: "Taino Ti" and 2 a la carte restaurants: Cuban "El Patio" and Seafood "El Pescador", 3 Bars: beach bar "Hola Ola" pool bar "Home Club" and Party room "Gato Jazz ". You can enjoy also, daytime and evening entertainment, pool, playgrounds, bike, water sports and beach volleyball courts, gym, non-motorized water sports, special programs for weddings and honeymoons. Service: light food and drinks 24 hours. Services not included National and international telephone, safe, Internet, massage, diving, bureau selling excursions, gift shop, rent of mopeds and cars. International Diving Center: 1 km Shopping: 800 m Rancho King: 46 km Camaguey international airport "Ignacio Agramonte": 110 km Historic center of the city of Camaguey: 120 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Club Amigo Mayanabo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Amigo Mayanabo Hotel Playa Santa Lucia
- Hotel Amigo Mayanabo
- Amigo Mayanabo Hotel
- Club Amigo Mayanabo Playa Santa Lucia, Cuba - Camaguey Province