“Awesome Resort.”

Club Amigo Mayanabo
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Awesome food, coming from the pickiest eater in the world, i ate more then enough every meal.
Entertainment was great, you can never be bored...
Was there in may 2014. Nice and quiet not a party scene. Service was great by most of the staff!

My only complaints was the cockroaches in the first room I was in.
And if attending this hotel BRING BUG SPRAY, mosquitoes come out at night.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie C
There are newer reviews for Club Amigo Mayanabo

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was our third visit to Club Amigo Mayanabo,from April 23-30, 2014, and I can only say "WOW!!!" Again, we were welcomed like family. Open arms and smiles all around. This is the best place to be. I would recommend this resort to old and young and all in between. There is something for everyone. Dance lessons by the pool, spanish lessons, and an ice cream cart that comes by the pool to deliver your cold treat. They have added a tea patio. This is so relaxing. Tea at mid afternoon, in the shade of the unbrellas at the front of the resort. Cozy. Victor at the front desk is so helpful. Maricel is just beautiful. She comes to you with a smile and a hug to welcome you. Danniel in the coffee bar, putting the finishing touches on your coffee, a little cinnamon of chocolate heart in the foam of your capuccino. Frankie and Elio from the entertainment crew, so welcoming. They took the time with the spanish lessons. Very helpful. This is a place that you can really go and be comfortable. No worries. I will continue going back again and again. The rooms are spotless, all the staff are so helpful.

Room Tip: I would visit the organic restaurant if you get a chance. Just go out to the front of the resort and...
6  Thank Loriel6801
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My wife and I went to Mayanabo April 23 to April 30. This was our 3rd time to Mayanabo and they always treat us like family... the food was good. I am a real picky eater as I did eat alot of pasta, but did try some of the buffet and what i did try was really good....The staff always have a smile on their face and always say hello....They have added a few things since last yr coconut bar, a tea patio and a sea food restaurant by the beach... The pool area was perfect and the pool was cleaned every day... The beach area was clean..... I can not say enough about Mayanabo i will be going back next yr and many yrs to come

Room Tip: Take a buggy, that are always available out front, and go visit the Organic Restaurant. Braulio is t...
2  Thank Kevin196412
HMayanabo, General Manager at Club Amigo Mayanabo, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2017

We are very grateful for your remarks. Your suggestions and opinions are very helpful for our job. We invite you to continue to select our hotel to spend your next vacation.
All the best. Hotel manager.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I took my two daughters 12 and 15 yrs old and their two best friends. So me, "the mama" and four teenage girls. I was worried at first travelling with such a group, but I chose right when we went to the Mayanabo. The staff were so helpful and friendly, especially Frankie. I was able to relax while the girls explored. They have a lifeguard, so even when I wanted to lay back and read by the pool, someone was watching. We went to the beach every evening to look at the stars, and not once did we feel threatened being off the resort. We all discoed every night too. My 15 yr olds had dates with some young cuban men, and they were treated with respect. What a great time. Our group has decided to return every year to the Mayanabo. The people of Cuba, and playa Santa Lucia especially are very welcoming and extremely friendly. I did not feel harrased by vendors at all. If your a single mom, with some children, this would be the perfect spot for your family. Its small, friendly and so much fun!

Room Tip: choose a main floor,then you have a lovely balcony
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Louise S

All the best. Hotel manager.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We just got back from this resort. I have only positive things to say about it. We've been to 3 other resorts in Cuba that we loved, but never really felt the need to return to them. We are the type of people that can have fun where ever we go and don't expect 5 star treatment or anything. Some people who write reviews seem to expect more than Cuba is able to offer. As far as this resort goes though - we can't wait to get back to Club Amigo Mayanabo!

We got off the bus to a procession of animacion staff, music and drinks. The atmosphere was awesome and check in was flawless and fast. The people at the desk were extremely friendly and the man that helped us with our bags not only carried two 45 pound suitcases without complaint, but then proceeded to explain everything in the room from the remote for the tv, to the air conditioning remote. (Thank you Ernesto!) They have a wonderful variety of drinks (including my favourite slushy ones) and the bartenders (Avilio and Damian in particular!) are so friendly and always smiling. The coffee bar was great and Santiago, Daniel and Antonio looked after us and always had a smile or a joke. The rooms were comfortable (but we brought our own pillows which helped! lol) This resort had the best buffet we've had yet in Cuba. The one thing I was completely thrilled about were the washrooms on the resort. We've experienced some less than pleasing ones in the past, but there was almost always toilet paper and if they did run out, it was replaced quickly. It was spotless and the cleaning staff were so friendly. Reynaldo the new public relations guy is a total cutie pie and will be a hit with all the younger girls I'm sure! The bar down by the beach (we called it Mario's bar) was great. Even on the really hot days the breeze blows in and there always seemed to be someone there playing music. The atmosphere is so relaxing - we stayed there way too long, but had a great time and the twins are wonderful singers/musicians.

The bartenders in Cuba always pour drinks that are much too strong for me (I'm a bit of a lightweight in that department!) They got to know my request for "poquito" rum or vodka (little bit!) and I never had to ask again. They remember what you like and really work to make you feel at home there. The buffet staff are also really friendly and always have a smile. The food was simple but really tasty. We always found something we wanted to eat and enjoyed our meals. The bread and cookies are phenomenal! This is the first time I've gained weight on vacation in Cuba! lol

We've never been this relaxed at a resort or as impressed with how open and friendly the staff are. We can't wait to go back again and made a bunch of friends that have been there many times and will be meeting them back there again this time next year. If you are looking for a nice, quiet, relaxing and clean place, this is definitely one I would recommend. There were people there that I heard say a few complaints, but honestly I think those were the type of people that would be miserable anywhere.. You all know the type! lol This was simply the best vacation we've had yet

Oh - one other note - my husband experienced an ear problem while we were there and the nursing staff was awesome! They took care of him and flushed the ear and gave him drops for $10... we didn't bother going through insurance for that little bit. They were really efficient and friendly - we have never had to use medical staff during a vacation and it is good to know you are in good hands if you need to!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows and Rooms in the upper 300's are closer to the bar next door so you can h...
9  Thank laura_and_roger
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Our 5th stay at Club Amigo Mayanabo! I was greeted with a 'Victoria! You are back !' Every day was better than the last! You choose the pace here. Everything from lounging by the pool or Ocean, to sightseeing in the nearby Villages to exciting excursions! The Staff are the epitome of professional and caring. The Resort has undergone many upgrades and renovations. Yes, we will definitely be coming 'home' in October!
-Victoria

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LVPOP
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went to Cuba with many reservations. I traveled there to Club Amigo Mayanabo in Santa Lucia on April 3 - 10, 2014. To my great surprise I never had one single moment of disappointment. The room was wonderful, the food good, lots of choices,always something different and very very good. The people are always happy and eager to serve you. The activitiy leaders were wonderful. We were originally booked into Block 3 and all I asked for was a room (if possible) on the first floor. Without hesitation, we were booked into a ground floor room in block 2 close to the pool and beach with an ocean view. Absolutely wonderful. We met several older guests who were there alone. One lady told us it is the safest country to travel to alone. She has gone there every year for over 15 years and never had any issues. I will return to Cuba and to Hotel Amigo Mayanabo for sure.

Room Tip: Block 3 is very close to the neighbouring hotel which can be very loud at night otherwise all other...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank donnalmunday
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Santa Lucia
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran Club)
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran C...
#1 of 4 in Playa Santa Lucia
#2 of 3 in Guardalavaca
Hotel Playa Cayo Santa Maria
Hotel Playa Cayo Santa Maria
#4 of 16 in Cayo Santa Maria

Been to Club Amigo Mayanabo? Share your experiences!