I stayed at the Club Amigo Mayanabo from October 19 to November 02, 2012.
In general for the price I paid it was OK, but not great.
The room cleaning lady, Tammy, did a very good job at making sure the room was always very clean.
The food was OK, Roberto one of the cooks on duty working the grill did outstanding spaghetti with mushroom and sauce. The food was constantly recycled, but the fish was always fresh.
The one thing that is missing in the food was a small amount of spices, other than it was OK.
My favorite dish was desert, their Icecream cake was very good.
In the morning at breakfast Pancakes was a surprise, but at times the cerals were stale and old.
Also for breakfast they had a coldcut meat section and at times flies would be around this section, this must be corrected.
At the bar all the drinks you wanted were available, just tip the bartender $1.00 peso.
But there is nothing around this Hotel, only the disco club Rumba.
In the mens public toilets 1 stall out of 3 had toilet paper.
I would rate this Hotel a 2.5 star on 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Club Amigo Mayanabo. In this All Inclusive hotel, you can enjoy a perfect combination of sun and sand and get contact with nature through diving, kite surfing or snorkeling, which are favorite choices of those who visit this resort. At present, the senior of the hotels in Saint Lucia, Cuba, offers accommodation service accompanied by a wide range of cuisine and a varied program of daytime and evening entertainment. Accommodation 225 rooms, including 189 double standard, 12 triples, 12 doubles and 12 suites. All with air conditioning, hairdryer, telephone and satellite TV. Included Services 1 buffet: "Taino Ti" and 2 a la carte restaurants: Cuban "El Patio" and Seafood "El Pescador", 3 Bars: beach bar "Hola Ola" pool bar "Home Club" and Party room "Gato Jazz ". You can enjoy also, daytime and evening entertainment, pool, playgrounds, bike, water sports and beach volleyball courts, gym, non-motorized water sports, special programs for weddings and honeymoons. Service: light food and drinks 24 hours. Services not included National and international telephone, safe, Internet, massage, diving, bureau selling excursions, gift shop, rent of mopeds and cars. International Diving Center: 1 km Shopping: 800 m Rancho King: 46 km Camaguey international airport "Ignacio Agramonte": 110 km Historic center of the city of Camaguey: 120 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Club Amigo Mayanabo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Amigo Mayanabo Hotel Playa Santa Lucia
- Hotel Amigo Mayanabo
- Amigo Mayanabo Hotel
- Club Amigo Mayanabo Playa Santa Lucia, Cuba - Camaguey Province