If you want to be totally chilled, enjoy diving, snorkelling, sailing and swimming then this is the place for you. My husband did all of these things this holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. He thought that the dive school was brilliant and very well run and went sailing quite a few times with the instructor. Well me, I just chilled out on the beach, floated around in the sea and read loads. This was easily one of the best places I have ever visited and I cannot wait to go back. The food is delicious, fantastic selection of cocktails in both bars and the staff and service were exceptional. They looked after us as well as if we had been members of their own family so much so that I was really sad to leave them. We chose to stay in a beach bungalow and it was perfect. Kept very clean with everything we could possibly want. I know that lots of people choose the water bungalows but the disadvantage is that you then don't get your own little section of beach with sunbeds and if you want to spend time on the beach you would really need to bring a beach mat. Having said that there is loads of room on the beach so everyone gets plenty of privacy. Our bungalow was opposite the water bungalows which for us was an ideal spot and we could watch the sunset every evening. We both went to the spa for a massage and it was easily the best massage I have ever had. The ladies who work there are really lovely and friendly and we felt it was such a treat. We travelled from Gatwick with Thomson's on an all inclusive package and it was real value for money. The direct flight to Male was on the Dreamliner and it was an excellent journey. From Male we took a sea plane and then a boat from the pontoon to the jetty on Angaga. The Thomson rep, Gerard, met us at Male and was really helpful. He even phoned us during the holiday to check that everything was ok. I loved the sea planes and found them really exciting with fantastic views throughout the journey. When we arrived on Angaga we were welcomed by a number of the staff and given cold flannels which were most welcome after our long journey. Everything was very calm and we were offered cold fruit drinks while we were checked in then taken to our bungalow where magically the luggage had already arrived! I have been back home less than a week and just can't wait to return hopefully next year. However I don't know how we are going to get there because I have discovered that Thomson's are no longer offering holidays to the Maldives after April this year. I am sure that I will find a way. This is a beautiful little island with lovely friendly people to look after you and I strongly recommend a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angaga Island Resort & Spa is located in the South Ari Atoll and is surrounded by a wealth of natural beauty along with crystal clear waters and a white sandy beach. The island is approximately 45,000 square metres and is superb for snorkeling and diving with the house reef just 7-8 metres from the beach featuring live coral and beautiful marine life. This is a great island for those holidaymakers seeking peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Angaga Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angaga Island Hotel Angaga Island
- Hotel Angaga Island
- Angaga Island Resort & Spa Maldives