See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Look beyond the iron gated front of the very small property, which is only several meters from the Masaya highway. If you are patient, you will find a place with basic rooms and beautifully appointed common areas for visiting and relaxing. My room was #3 and it had a very basically constructed interior, but was welcoming and very clean. Bed was very comfortable and everything worked perfectly, including the air conditioning. Extra storage area in room had a lock on the large cabinet, but no security safe.

Typical with this area, there is no hot water in the room. I did not visit the pool. Parking was limited and close to the rooms. The convenience store (across the driveway) had many packaged staples and some gifts.

Hot breakfast was adequate. I found the staff to be quite friendly and the host spoke some english. My room fee was less that I expected because I had made the reservation for 2 but I showed up alone. I did not even need to ask!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2012

You have to go into the hotel knowing that hot water and spacious rooms are not typical Nicaraguan standards. However, it was clean, bug free and the food was great. There is free wifi, TVs in the room and A/C, and you can use the office phone to call the states for a mere 3 cords a minute. They have a pool and absolutely beautiful common areas. Office staff has a lot going on so you have to track them down and they are not very quick to help, but pressure them and they'll get on it..eventually. They're on Nica time after all!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank erin w
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I have stayed at El Raizon many times and the staff and owners treat me and my family like their family! It is always a great experience- clean rooms, great food and friendly people! A true Nicaraguan delight!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jlamont1219
Reviewed July 28, 2010

the staff was great, the owner and her adult daughters were so disrespectful to all employees at this hotel it was incredible,especially to kitchen staff.when they were mad at these people they would put them down, make them feel like a nothing,a nobody. the only reason they stay is there is no work and all employees are living in poverty.the kicker is a lot of groups and church groups go there and see this and say nothing because of the kick back people get for booking big groups. most of this belittling goes on in the open because they think you dont understand them or speak spanish.. what a shame..other than this, we went out on tours like zip lining, volcanoe hiking,bat caving at night.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I have been on many Bridges to Community trips to Nicarauga with my temple. In total I have stayed in El Raizon for about 7 nights. We are usually a very large group about 50 to 60 people and we all thought it was a great relief from the field work. We went for the first night and the last two nights. the first night they didn't have enough rooms for everyone so they had to put me and 4 other girls into a small but clean room where the shower wasnt useable. but we were fine with it because we knew that there was more to come. The location was about 30 minutes from the main city of Managua and a nice place to spend time and realx. (the hammocks are the best!) They provided you with whatever you needed, for there is a store right at the hotel with cold beverages and clothes.

• Stayed: February 2010