“Best Ribeye in Years !!”

Atlantic City Mercantile
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A friend and I went hiking and exploring around the area in September (2013). We went in the Merc for dinner, absolutely the best ribeye I have had in so many years I can't even remember. Flame broiled over aspen wood, done to perfection and marbled beautifully ! I grew up on farm raised beef that melted in your mouth, this was every bit as good as those memories.. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was the way we wanted, they were friendly, knowledgeable about the area and fun! It was obvious they care. I promised I would write a review since they are off the beaten path and many (including locals from around Wyoming) don't even know they have this wonderful menu. I finally got around to doing this after three weeks have passed..Sure hope this helps get the word out ! A couple tips..they are only open on the weekends..would be a good idea to call first since winter is coming, but well worth the drive !!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

An absolutely beautiful place. The nicest saloon we've seen in five weeks of touring around the Western US. We only had a coffee there on our way to South Pass but I wish we'd have had enough time to stay until evening and have dinner there as well. The people are great too, especially the stunning server who told us a lot about the history of the place and asked about my Swiss cigarettes (I hope she liked them!).

1  Thank Manuel_Smokes
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm crushed they closed their doors! Coming from MA this place was a real gem. The western decor and antiques were fabulous! I only wished we had ordered a meal since the back grill looked inviting. Bartender Ken mixed some great drinks and the staff was super friendly! Hope you reopen in the future :)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We tried to make our annual trip to Atlantic City to eat at the Merc over the July 4th weekend but were unsuccessful. We tried calling in advance and no one would ever answer. We finally took a chance (bringing our own picnic food as a backup, thankfully) and when we arrived we found it closed, no signs, no explanations, nothing. We looked inside and there was someone in there who saw us looking but ignored us and walked away. No idea what is going on here but we won't plan any future trips here.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our waitress who was actually the owner bought this place about a year ago. Good service. Buffalo burgers good. Lemonade tasted like it was a powdered mix. Interesting atmosphere. Fun stop that is reasonably priced. Interesting history as told by the owner.