1,020 results
All reviewssri lankaplunge poolmain buildinghorse ridingulagalla resortpaddy fieldscultural trianglegolf buggyliving roomour honeymoonmain poolorganic gardenattention to detailon stiltsstayed longernature walkthe general manager
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Ulagalla uncle and dilrukshi was amezing. Most friendly and helpful staff ever, so lovely and great first impression of hotel. Couldn't have been more sweet.Without doubt one of the favorite hotels I stayed during my time in Sri Lanka! ... All respect for the general manager who does a great job there; a true sample of excellent hospitality!
Regards,
Madhawa and dulitha.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Excellent service, this place carries you away and we were really able to take a good rest.

Restaurant offers great food, nice view and excellent service.

Just be aware that you are in the wild so you see animals on the property and have some small lizards in the room (but they eat the mosquitoes so better to have them)

We joined the bird watching tour which was nice and had a dinner with a local family as we requested it. It was an amazing experience.

Thanks to all the team there to make our trip amazing

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2017

My wife and I spent 3 days at Uga Ulagalla, as part of a 10 day holiday in Sri Lanka. The quality of the venue, the friendly, helpful staff and the exceptional Sri Lankan cooking made these three days a highlight. We took a guided nature tour and a bike ride into the nearby village. The experiences were memorable.
The property is so quiet, and the private pool so relaxing.
I hope the price doesn't soar like the last accommodation that I rated so highly!

Room Tip: They are individual villas, and all should be good. Room 5 is.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

The narrow road leading to the hotel is rather pot hole abundant- but once you arrive it’s a true oasis.
The hotel is beautiful colonial architecture & it set on 56-58 acres on stunning grounds.
It’s not a hotel as such - as there is 28 very spacious villas- with lounge / dinning area, spacious bathroom & bedroom. Our villa also had a plug pool / spa
The villas are very private & beautifully appointed.
My only complain is that our spacious shower didn’t drain properly so you couldn’t have a long shower without flooding the bathroom - but everything else made up for this inconvenience.
The staff as very friendly & attentive & prompt.
The food was very good - we had a lovely private dinner by the pool & it was very serene.
Breakfast is a- la- carte & was fresh & delicious & good options.
Wish we could have stayed longer- as it really was fabulous

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Stayed in Villa 7 and frankly it was the best place I've stayed in Sri Lanka. The property is a vast with many activities for guests to take part in, including horse riding and archery. The main building is a historic 'walauwwa' that belonged to an old Kandyan aristocratic family. The chalets are just superb and the plunge pool is divine! The food and service are top notch.

Room Tip: Villa 7 is excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business