Probably on of the best hotels we stayed at. Excellent service throughout, the bungalows are large, well furnished, they are surrounded by lush vegetation and have large private outdoors jacuzzis. The main, colonial house with bar and restaurant, is stunning and the food is the best we had so far in Sri Lanka. The staff had not said no to any of our requests. Everything does come at a price of course. Perhaps some activities like yoga should be free and the bottled water should not be priced 10x higher than in any shop, but all in all we can highly recommend it. By the way, wifi is available everywhere, the bungalows, the Olympic pool, the bar.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury boutique hotel and spa located in Anuradhapura, North Central of Sri Lanka. Built on 58 lush acres bordering two ancient reservoirs, surrounded by unspoilt nature and tucked away in complete privacy, the resort offers 20 spacious and luxurious chalets, 19 stand alone chalets and one suite, each with its own private plunge pool with all modern amenities. Ulagalla Resort is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and a passion for wildlife. But we understand that great adventures are also about elegant simplicity – to return to a cool dip in the pool, rejuvenate in the spa or sip a sundowner on a private deck.Located at the center of the Cultural Triangle and close to national parks, Ulagalla is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and passion for wildlife. The resort offers many excursions and guided tours: A cycling tour can be taken to explore the ancient capital of Anuradhapura in a novel way. Exciting wildlife safaris to the plains of Minneriya National Park to watch the elephants or further West to Wilpattu National Park – the realm of leopards - are organized with all the necessary permits.Witness the wonder of Kalawewa – a giant reservoir and a proud feat of engineering of an ancient kingdom, or visit the ancient ruins of Ritigala. Explore the marvels of Sigiriya, Dambulla, Polonnaruwa and other sites of archaeological and historical significance on a day trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Uga Ulagalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ulagalla Hotel Thirappane
- Uga Ulagalla Sri Lanka/Thirappane