Our second visit to Ulagalla in 12 months, due to the fact that the accommodation, location and staff were so good. This area is great for Elephant safari and this trip did not disappoint once again, but as many others mention there is so much to do around the hotel such as cycling around the tank that you quickly lose 4 days and can’t believe it is time to leave! The locals are also very friendly and you are greeted with huge smiles everywhere you go and this is a credit to Lalil and the team for ensuring both hotel and local community live in harmony together. Our second stay lived up to expectations and we had a great time, I would highly recommend Ulagalla if you like to escape and wildlife while having creature comforts!
If I were to be critical I would agree that the food here does not match the high standards of the hotel generally and other establishments of a similar level in Sri Lanka and after 16 days of touring SL we did try many once again. Also the furnishings are showing signs of general wear and tear, and the management need to ensure standards are maintained through replacement / refurbishment. Lalil and the team are one of the main assets and I will be sorry to see Lalil retire in March but wish him every happiness in his next chapter in life!
We look forward to returning again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury boutique hotel and spa located in Anuradhapura, North Central of Sri Lanka. Built on 58 lush acres bordering two ancient reservoirs, surrounded by unspoilt nature and tucked away in complete privacy, the resort offers 20 spacious and luxurious chalets, 19 stand alone chalets and one suite, each with its own private plunge pool with all modern amenities. Ulagalla Resort is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and a passion for wildlife. But we understand that great adventures are also about elegant simplicity – to return to a cool dip in the pool, rejuvenate in the spa or sip a sundowner on a private deck.Located at the center of the Cultural Triangle and close to national parks, Ulagalla is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and passion for wildlife. The resort offers many excursions and guided tours: A cycling tour can be taken to explore the ancient capital of Anuradhapura in a novel way. Exciting wildlife safaris to the plains of Minneriya National Park to watch the elephants or further West to Wilpattu National Park – the realm of leopards - are organized with all the necessary permits.Witness the wonder of Kalawewa – a giant reservoir and a proud feat of engineering of an ancient kingdom, or visit the ancient ruins of Ritigala. Explore the marvels of Sigiriya, Dambulla, Polonnaruwa and other sites of archaeological and historical significance on a day trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Uga Ulagalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ulagalla Hotel Thirappane
- Uga Ulagalla Sri Lanka/Thirappane