1,028 results
All reviews sri lanka plunge pool main building horse riding ulagalla resort paddy fields cultural triangle golf buggy our honeymoon living room main pool organic garden attention to detail on stilts stayed longer nature walk the general manager
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The property has been carefullly constructed with great care and attention to detail. It captures the old world charm of village life with modern facilities to make your stay comfortable. As a family we found the room spacious and the plunge pool luxurious. The food was excellent with care taken to cater to individual tastes. Special mention should be made of the staff including Roshan, Dilrukshiu, Amali and Sumanarathna amongst others.
Improvements to the resort should include a tree house, arrangements to serve food at the Kamatha ( place to eat in the middle of the paddy field), a cultural show and to serve dishes authentic to the region.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the paddy field.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at Ulagalle Resort on 12th and 13th of July at chalet 6.Unquestionably one of the best resorts that we have ever stayed at. We are impressed by what we saw and experienced at Ulagalla. The staff were discreet yet friendly and extremely competent. They were well organised, accommodating of our needs and always very respectful and true to the personalised care which they promote. The environment and grounds are stunning and it is nature at its most tranquil. Waking up to distant echoes of birds and wildlife, endless views of rice paddies and the stunning views from our chalet are forever etched in our memories of Sri Lanka. The food in taste, variety and presentation was perfect and the facilities were immaculately maintained.
Our only regret about staying at this place was that we could not stay for longer. While we do not expect other hotels/resorts to meet the standards of Ulagalla, We will be impressed if they even come close.
We would like to thank the staff and management for making Ulagalla, the resort it is, and for making our stay truly unforgettable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place was amazing. We only stayed one night because we hadn't realised how good it would be. Next time we will stay several nights. Very personal feel, great food, fantastic chalet with its own private outdoor pool, beautiful natural environment. Bikes available at our chalet, huge grounds, friendly buggy drivers.The nicest place I've ever stayed in in my whole life.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here in April - I simply cannot say enough positive things about this place.
I travel a lot and I have very high expectations and Ulagalla exceeded them all.
The place oozes peace and tranquility, the staff are discreet but attentive and always smiling, the grounds are stunning, the food is perfect.
Some places seem to think that because they have the right concept or a nice property then that gives them the right to drop a little on service - however Ulagalla is among my personal list of places that deliver on all promises and more whether it be location, quality or service - this place has it all and I take my hat off to them!
If you are thinking about staying at this place, the only advice I can give you is - "stop thinking and just book it" I promise you, you will not be disappointed here.
Thanks to all the management and staff from my whole family for making our stay so perfect!

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

It was on the last minute that we decided to stay at Ulagalla Resort after spending a day at Anuradhapura, and got lucky to get the last room available. What a very amazing surprise it was to be welcomed in these 58ha of nature and rice paddies. We had to extend the stay as we couldn't decide to leave this utterly peaceful place. Everything is done to make you feel immersed in the nature and alone in the park, yet nested in the most high-tech and comfortable chalet. There is not one detail at Ulagalla that has been misconceived. Definitely my best stay in years.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple