1,028 results
All reviews sri lanka plunge pool main building horse riding ulagalla resort paddy fields cultural triangle golf buggy our honeymoon living room main pool organic garden attention to detail on stilts stayed longer nature walk the general manager
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We spent only one night at Ulagalla Resort, but it will remain in our minds forever as one of the best places (if not THE best) we have ever visited around the world. An original eco-resort with a luxury service like nowhere else, from the welcoming ritual ceremony, to the tour of the property in electric car. The food was delicious, and the bungalow perfect ! If you go to Sri Lanka, don't miss this place and stay there for at least 2 or 3 nights (it is not far from the main historical sites to visit). Congratulations to the owner and manager for all their efforts to combine the respect of environment with high-quality service !

4  Thank Annie D
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Put together a stunning landscape with state of the technologies and top of the range luxuries and you end up with the amazing property that is Ulagalle Resort.
Not enough that the resort is LEEDS certified it also boast a stunning infinity pool over looking paddy fields and private pools in each chalet .
The cuisine is heavenly , be it local delicacy or fusion extravaganza.
The staff is courteous and warm.
and the Wallawa its self is a trip back in time.

4  Thank Niro curly P
Reviewed November 16, 2011

our stay for two nights at ulugalla resort was fantabulous!. the tranquility and calm feel throughout our stay could be compared with no other!. I would recomend this place to anyone.

4  Thank Munira P
Reviewed November 13, 2011

It was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed, the rooms, food, staff everything about the place was just impeccable...
Would recommend to anyone that's it's a must place visit ....

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Nisrin H
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Well what can I say……………. Luxury boutique hotel concept taken to the clouds! I stayed at this absolutely stunning concept hotel for only one night and, as the manager himself pointed out, one needs more time to let oneself sink into the rhythm of the tranquil decadence that permeates this place. From the exquisitely detailed bungalows to the almost Olympic size pool, the place is just perfectly designed. The food is quite good (I think the asparagus soup though was from a can) and the people are just amazing accommodating. For an example I did complain about the soup and suggested a soup made from a local herb and guess what they served for the next meal?
If I was to complain I would say that the staff can be over bearing (but this could be just my sensitivity) and as a Sri Lankan feel that the theme may be somewhat contrived.

Room Tip: I d say all of them are great