Karpewadi Agrotel
Hotel Nirvana(Alibaug)
$45
$42
Hotels.com
All reviewsprivate beachcoconut treesnon vegwater sportsdining areain advancewelcome drinkextra costone night staybeautiful propertysea waterresort locationdeluxe acbanana boat ridean ideal locationjet skifamily outing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have been a frequent visitor to Karpewadi, Nagaon. This resort forces me to return every now and then. What amazes me the most is the total quiet, birds, butterflies, sound of waves etc. Thank God the room does not have TV and the cell connectivity is only at a few points.
The rooms and washroom are clean and the service is great. The supervisor Rakesh and the cook Rajinder are absolute gems. Rajinder seems to understand every dish you ask for and cooks it to perfection. Non Vegetarian food is prepared with prior intimation.
The Ducks, Chicken and cows are an added attraction for city based children.
Weekends are generally house full. I personally like visiting on weekdays as one gets personalized service.
Lastly let us enjoy the place and not litter.

Room Tip: Room No 13 is three sides open and closest to the sea. 3 more rooms are being added and may be ready in a month or two
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank PuneRohitash
Reviewed May 28, 2012

After searching for a place to just lift my feet and hangout, from the Taj to the MTDC hotels, I found Karpe's wadi, the ideal place that gave me all I wanted. Amazing beach, amazing food, amazing people. After being awarded by the government for its agro tourism, the hotel has managed to keep its prized quality... which is simplicity.. intact. The rooms were comfortable and just right for family needs. Spacious toilets in the Sea Fort rooms. I was reminded of the scene from the movie 'The Beach', when Leonardo Di Caprio has a first view of the beach in Thailand. It felt the same, singing and chirping birds, surrounded by trees and ultimately a beach beckoning to comfort your senses. I was awestruck with its serenity. The beach wasn't like the one in Thailand, but it was empty just for us. To add to the pleasure of my 4-yr daughter, the food was just the way we wanted, home cooked and delicious. My husband asked for Jain food and undoubtedly he got the best there was.
All in all, I will be going back with a bigger group and have a ball.

Room Tip: Go during the Winter season for added comfort. It can be hot in summer.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank anusug
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We went to this place recently to celebrate our parent's anniversary.
Few things we liked: Karpe Wadi is very close to the beach. It is a very well maintained property. Ideal for chilling out away from the city. The service is prompt. Veg food was good.They were considerate to prepare Simple Dal for kids.

Some negatives :
The prices were exorbitant. We paid around Rs. 20000 for 2 rooms, six people for 2 days, 1 night. The basic package of Rs. 15000 included 2 rooms, veg food only. We paid extra for Non-Veg food, which was also expensive and not very tasty (Konkani food is supposed to be spicy and aromatic, the food was not at all like this). The rooms are basic. Moreover there is no AC or even Cooler in the rooms and it was quite hot at night. Although the property is clean and well-maintained, we felt the prices to be too high.

Karpe Wadi is a good spot to visit in winter, when the prices will hopefully be low due to off-season.

Room Tip: Veg food is good. But if you prefer non-veg, you may eat at some other place.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Vipula_W
Reviewed May 11, 2012

It has been worst experience in Karpewadi,We booked it online 2 AC rooms and after reaching there with family .The owner lady told there is no AC room available we have already given it to some1 else.Such terrible Gold Diggers what is the use of then online booking.On top of that that Owner lady started shouting and complaining that take nonAC room .In such Heat it was unbearable with all metal sheet roof .With 3 year old children and grandparents we were in no man's land.When we asked for return of money that lady told she dont have we will transfer it later..This was the response we got ..As name suggest Karpewadi itself is 3 Graded place to stay ...So be aware be4 going....

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank nikh0l
architkarpe, General Manager at Karpewadi Agrotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

I believe that you were confused between a resort and an agrotel. We do not have AC Rooms and so the question of rooms being allotted to someone else does not arise. We do not take online bookings, all bookings are done on the phone by the owner personally. Our website has all the details about our facilities, charges and the available facilities. I request all our future guests to please go through our website and understand the concept of agrotourism before booking with us. I again say you will be dissapointed if you come to us with a resort in mind.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were taken aback by the weekend package that cost us Rs 4000 where you check in on Saturday at 10 am and check out on Sunday by 6pm.However breakfast, lunch and dinner are incuded. Non-veg meals can be pre-ordered and cost extra. If you pay Rs 5000, you get a nicer room closer to the sea. The Rs 4000 package got us a cottage at the back.
Karpewadi's biggest draw is a private path to the beach with black sands and a flat seabed and the scenic casuarina trees. Secluded from the main Nagaon beach which is about a kilometer away but a good idea to walk to eat at the stalls selling Maggi noodles and more.
The rooms are clean but a bit sparse and they try to pass it off by saying they're its an environmentally friendly agrotel, however a little customer service won't hurt. The hammocks are great to lie in but beware of coconuts falling from the trees overhead. We watched a coconut crash into a plastic chair just a few feet away from us, and knock it down. The management could tie safety nets around the coconuts as the hammocks are tied to the tree trunk. Not the nicest feeling to be smashed on vacation.
Despite a few setbacks, I'd go back to Karpewadi's simply because no resort in Nagaon comes close. This is also a dream beach for photographers. Very surreal and special.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple