“Amazing food and huts.”

Hi Tide Cocohuts
Ranked #56 of 130 Restaurants in Palolem
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

This is my second visit to this amazing part of Goa.
We visited here last evening for a meal and am so pleased we did.
The service and food was amazing.
Freshly cook so you always wait a bit longer but well worth the wait.
Although we rent staying in the huts we did view them to stay in next year.
They have air conditioning, large rooms, outside seating area filling enclosed with fly nets and a large bathroom.
I would definitely recommend to stay and eat here.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Stayed here in Jan 2017 for a night with friends, this place was recommended by our local taxi driver and this place was fantastic. We in the group opted for a larger hut and it was luxury. The food was great here and had different dishes that I have not seen in North Goa.
The beach is clean and very chilled out. The beach is colourful with all the different coloured beach shacks and types of shacks.
Something here for everyone, especially if you want to relax and have short walks.
Would love to go back for longer in the future.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

We decided to have a break from north Goa and came down here for a couple of days and 1 night. It was on recommendation from out taxi driver. What a lovely location! The beach huts were great! Between the group we had 3 standard huts and one luxury hut...must admit the extra for the luxury hut was worth it! They guys that worked here were very attentive and worked hard all day. The best thing about this place was the food! One of the best I've eaten in Goa! Try the cheese garlic naan! The chicken biriyani was also amazing! Make sure you catch the monkeys in the mornings that live in the trees by the rocks! Walk right when you come out the shack and cross the river...you'll see them in the trees playing! Must admit far better beaches than North Goa!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I arrived in Goa on Sunday and we just happened to pick
Hi-Tide to eat our first lunch. We are so glad we did! The food is amazing and our server (I think his name is Vashpar) has been amazing. Since our first day he sees when we arrive at the beach, helps us settle on the lounge chairs in front of the restaurant and is there for us when we are ready for lunch. We have the Humus and Garlic Naan everyday because it's just that amazing! We've also had their tiger prawns in garlic, prawns golden fry, seafood fried rice, seafood chow mein, and of course their Kingfisher beer. It has all been amazing, really delicious. We've come to like going to the same place and have lunch their everyday. The prices are really great, I don't feel like they are overpriced.

We will be going there for seafood for my husbands birthday shortly.

Great service and great food!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

I visited hi tide with my boyfriend and we ordered two chicken dishes. The chicken felt undercooked and mushy but i thought maybe it was just tender and cooked well and i was mistaken. Well. I should have listened to my gut. Fast forward to me puking and pooping everything out of my system for what seemed like an eternity.
I was firing out of both ends. At. The. Same. Time. Do you know how awful food poisoning is? On a trip? My trip to the lovely palolem beach was ruined. I couldn't even visit the beach because i needed to empty the hell inside my body. Thank God the food portions was so little. I was complaining about how little the food was for the price we paid but hey, i was glad it was only a little when vomit chunks were shooting out of my mouth and nose.

i'd also like to talk about the extremely rude manager lady who seemed to be yelling rudely at her staff every few minutes. Most of us customers turned heads every time she raised her voice and exchanged looks quietly. i really think they need to treat their staff better. Ive read a response to another review on here (i think for their hi tide huts) where management responded saying the following:
"it is very important to keep up the standards by which we strive to be the best in the industry and the staff who work here are not the world class professionals but boys who come from small villages and sometimes a soft morale boosting is needed and most of the times a loud voice does the trick, it does seem very unconventional but when the reputation is on line it needs to be done,"

This, above all else really ticked me off. I dont know about everyone else but just because someone may come from a 'small village' does not entitle you to be so rude or think that you can yell at them. We're not in a circus or in prison. It's not right. They're not your children or your slaves. This is 2016. It wasn't even behind closed doors. - not that that would justify anything. Just...stop. It isnt right. Nor is their attitude towards striving to 'keep up standards in the industry' at first i was put off by just the level of rudeness and the food poisoning and the food portions (i dont remember the taste anymore. Im still recovering) but after reading that response to a review I'm 100% sure that i would never visit hi tide ever again nor will i let anyone i know visit hi tide.

I don't wish food poisoning upon anyone. It is hell. But more importantly than food poisoning, i can't stand people being treated so rudely in front of me. People can strive to be better in whatever industry they're in without being tyrants.

Date of visit: March 2016