“nice place, bit expencive, tjeck your booking”
Review of Ciaran's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palolem
Ciaran's
copenhagen
“nice place, bit expencive, tjeck your booking”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Nice place, best huts on the beace - also the far most expencive though.
We booked and paied on time via PayPal. Apparently payment was late at Ciarans system and they sold the huts to others. At arrival we were told this was not our fault and that is was not Ciarans fault... they helped us find other room first days. we had to move around bud found no understanding and no discount. pretty bad service to say it is not Ciarans fault, bad costumer service.

• Liked — atmosphere
  • Disliked — reservation, payment, flexibilty
1 Thank jazio

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Brighton
Reviewed February 12, 2009

Amongst all the shacks and hut look-a-likes scattered along the beach, Ciaran’s is well and truly in a league of their own. The huts are well designed, very clean and the final touches make them the perfect place for a romantic get away! Not often you see four poster beds in these wood huts. The rooms inside the main house are as good as the huts and will offer value for money. The service is the key factor in Ciaran’s and the friendliness of all the staff makes any staying in this resort a very pleasant and relaxing experience indeed. Food is also of a very good standard and the little touches like free water, tea at 4pm, free bicycles, open library... adds to the whole experience. Prices are slighter higher as there are no real competitors to Ciaran’s enterprise, but all in all it's well worth it considering what other resorts have on offer. Great place to spend a few days in very relaxing grounds. Congratulations to management on the way the resort is being run.

Luis.

• Liked — the service by very pleasant staff
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed February 5, 2009

My husband and I are back from 6 weeks in southern India. During our trip, we spent 2 weeks in Goa. One of the places we liked very much was Palolem where we spent four days. We stayed at Ciaran's Camp, a place we picked after having read reviews from other travellers.This place is full of charm with its little bungalows discretely spread over the property, its nice bar and restaurant facing the beach and its lovely reading room full of books and magazines. It is also a quiet and peaceful place to stay and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We highly recommend that place to travellers who are looking for a place with character and comfort in a beautiful location.
Johanne Duchesne
Montreal, Quebec

• Liked — Location ad services
  • Disliked — Nothing
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed January 29, 2009

I'm writing this because I've had two weeks of frustration trying to make a reservation at Ciarans and have simply had to give up, even though they have availability. Perhaps I can save someone else from the UAE all this hassle?!

It's my friend's 30th, so we requested three rooms for 6 nights in March. This was no problem only we had to pay via paypal. I set up an account, which took three working days. Then my payment could not be processed due the banking processes here in the UAE. I asked for bank draft details, as stated on their website as another way to pay, only my request was ignored. It took a day between each response - in spite of offering to pay in any other way, as soon as possible, to secure the booking.

Instead I got a one liner in a defensive tone, in response to not being able to use Paypal: "Well Becky, first of all our account is completely genuine as we receive around 6 payments on a average everyday.Now it is not your fault as well.But sorry thats the only way to do it."

When I asked AGAIN for bank draft details, saying yes maybe it was my bank's fault I couldn't use Paypal and could I please pay by draft because it says on their website that it's possible, I got this response. Let's keep in mind that it's taking a DAY between each response: "Yes it is only possible if you are an Indian resident."

What does this even mean? Why would you only accept payments online from Indian residents? Do they only accept Indian residents at Ciaran's resort? This is the most ridiculous, torturous thing I've ever encountered! Paypal is an international site. In spite of this, I've been ignored when trying to find a solution and met with the worst, most unhelpful person at the other end. I doubt my emails were even being read properly.

Ciarans have now lost out on three rooms being booked for 6 nights, for no reason other than that they're disorganized, rude and ignorant. For those who actually make it to the resort, I can only hope it's not as badly run as their email and bank accounts. We'll be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2009
5 Thank writesitedubai
Boulder, CO
Reviewed January 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Ciaran's for 5 nights in January. The grounds and the huts are really beautiful, with a great location on the beach. It is definitely more expensive than most places, but it seemed worth it to us. The only problem I had was our particular hut was right in front of the kitchen and was loud until late at night and early in the morning. I think any of the other huts would have been better. Overall, we were glad to have stayed there and really enjoyed it. The staff is really friendly and extremely helpful.

London
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We stayed at Ciaran's in November and we're looking for a total break from London. We loved the chilled out atmosphere and fab service. Mervin and the team made us feel more than welcome and were always quick to pull that ice cold beer from the fridge at sunset. The food was delicious, the best on the beach and the rooms nicely finished with the added touch of the hammock outside on your roof terrace. Free water for guests and afternoon tea was a nice touch but above all it’s the relaxed and professional service that set this place apart, thanks for a great holiday, we hope to come back soon.

Bridget and Steve

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We stayed in Ciarans in early Dec and liked it. The huts are very good and quite swish. A drawback, I felt, was that the huts were all very close to one and other. The room was very nice and fairly big with good facilities. The breakfast is excellent but I had a minor gripe about the fresh juice served as I don't eat pineapple and it was constantly the juice option! The dinner and lunch are excellent if perhaps a little bit expensive. I had the beef roll one day which was a terrible idea, I think it must have been smuggled into India as a pair of shoes or something! but then what do you expect if you have beef in India. The staff are very helpful. We lost the key to our room one night and they were very understanding and did not charge us for it (As it was a padlock), which was very nice of them. All in all it is an excellent option especially if you are not interested in a more authentic beach hut experience. It is quite sanitised. On the negative side it is quite expensive and you would get much better value for money in the other locations, but of course, worse quality.

• Liked — Professionalism
  • Disliked — Pineapple
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palolem
The Tubki Resort
#4 of 9 in Palolem
Cuba Premium Beach Huts
Cuba Premium Beach Huts
#11 of 52 in Palolem

Been to Ciaran's? Share your experiences!