“Highly recommended”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palolem
Papillon Beach Huts
Ranked #13 of 52 Specialty Lodging in Palolem
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Great location and accommodation! Lovely restaurant too.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sonja H
There are newer reviews for Papillon Beach Huts

Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have just returned from two weeks staying at Papillion Beach Huts in Palolem.
I can honestly say that there are not enough words to describe what a fantastic holiday I had. I booked to stay at the huts for 3 nights but extended to two weeks. The huts are basic in style but luxurious in location. The rates of the huts are very competitve compared to other huts in Palolem.The staff at Papillion are the best! They can not do enough for you and are soo friendly and attentitive. Heaven who owns the huts is a great guy who will go out of his way to make you have the holiday of a lifetime. The food at the bar is among the best I have ever eaten the Chefs are second to none and it is so resonable. Our waiter was called Anu and he was the most Charming man and worked so hard to help us have a lovely time. I could not reccomend these huts enough and I am already looking forward to returning next year a holiday of a lifetime!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charlie m
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Papillion Beach Huts are stunning, situated in a beautiful location on a long sandy beach with a warm clean sea. Heaven the Owner is extremely welcoming, he went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our holiday. The huts are re-built yearly and Heaven takes great pride in their appearance and the grounds that surround them. If you are visiting Pololem, dinner at Papillion is a must, my friends said the prawns (order 24hrs in advance) are the best they have ever tasted and as a vegetarian I really enjoyed the numerous vegi choices. On my birthday Heaven reserved us a seaside table and surprised me with a birthday cake and candles, this is typical Heaven he takes enjoyment from ensuring his guests are happy. It is our favourite place in India and we really didn’t want to leave.

Emmi, Hertfordshire

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank WooWoo36
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Papillion Beach Huts for 4 nights on the second part of our honeymoon and had a fabulous time.

We stayed in a delux hut so we lieterally stepped down onto the beach however the other huts were only 10 meters behind us so they are all really well located.

The huts themselves are pretty basic but they were what we expected. There was a beautiful sea breeze and also a ceiling fan to keep you cool. We had a little balcony to sit and watch the sun go down. Our only real complaint was that the mattress was a bit thin but the owners already had plans to update these for the next season. From what I could see of other huts along the beach, Papillion looks first class :-)

The couple that own/run the beach huts are really welcoming, and very helpful. They were always around to offer advice, help with transport etc. They booked our transport to and from Papillion. I'd recommend this at least to get there as it's a bit of a maze to find the place so you want someone who knows where they are going!

Can highly recommend the restaurant. We ventured off to a few other retaurants and bars along the beach but spent most of our time here. The drinks were cheap and good and the food was fantastic including breakfast.

During our honeymoon we only stayed in south Goa so I can't really weigh in on the north v south discussion. Pololem beach was lovely (I'm Australian so i say lovely by asian standards, nothing on Australian beaches!!), pretty clean. There were definitley people on the beach but it was by no means crowded in early April. The water was so beautiful and warm. Plenty of water sports along the beach if that's your thing. We paddled out to a remote beach with a group of people. the owners had organised this and invited us along. Fantastic way to spend the day.

The huts are located night at the end of the beach so it's probably a bit quieter than some of the huts in the middle of the action. You were still a stones throw away from plenty of bars, restaurants etc.

They were also one of very few places that had a website and were great to deal with via email so we had piece of mind when we got there.

Would highly recommend this place. We hope to get back there in the next couple of years.

To the owners - thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We'd definitley pay the extra to stay in a deluxe hut but all are well located.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noogs11
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I am shocked that there aren't more reviews of Papillion! I booked this place a few months in advance, after emailing a bunch of beach huts. From what I remember, this one was one of the only who wrote me back quickly, and it was the cheapest. I didnt know what to expect, but I am so glad we stayed here.

Its no frills. You get a beach hut with a bed, a mosquito net, a night table and ceiling fan (more necessary for drowning out the noise outside than the cool air) and then the bathroom. But really, its all you need. And what youre really coming for, is just steps outside your door.

The beach is fantastic. Sure not the best beach Ive ever been at in the world (but far, far better than Candolim Beach, where we stayed for 3 nights before palolem). Its clean and the water is warm. The touts are annoying, but in a friendly kind of way.

The restaurant, staff and owners of Papillion are simply fantastic. Heaven is just so friendly, welcoming and full of energy. You can tell that he loves what he does. He is always willing to help you with anything you need- a driver, an excursion etc. He even let us use his mobile phone, and gave me the recipes to 2 of my favourite dishes from the menu.

Speaking of the food- everything was incredible. We had 2 tandoori chicken dishes, both delicious. We had the pizza, lobster, grilled cheese, noodles, breakfast, dessert. you name it. We ate it. And it was all good. The banoffee pie and cream of mushroom soup were my two favourites.

As for location, I walked up and down the beach many times. And Papillion is in a great location. its at the far end of the beach where it is much quieter- fewer people, fewer boats, fewer animals... but still bustling and fun.

2 gripes- first would be the beach chairs. If people are coming for the BEACH, you should have solid, functioning sturdy beach chairs. Many of them were falling apart or broken, which was annoying bc the "regulars" would reserve the good chairs at 8:30 am and i'd always get stuck with the chair that didnt work. Would be good if they replaced these.

Second gripe is that the electrical in our hut was wonky. Our porch light didnt work without us fidgeting with it for 10 minutes. And inside our hut, the plug was messed up. We got electric shocks a few times just plugging in our ipods or camera batteries.

All in all, we'd highly recommend this place. Finding a Palolem beach hut on the internet is confusing and not easy. There are so many and you never know what youre getting. Papillion was excellent and Id stay there again if i went back to Goa.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Papillion is a fabulous resort on a great beach. We came at the start of the season when many of the beachhuts were still being built, but Papillion was up and running and fully booked. Never the less, 'Heaven' the owner, did his upmost to fit us in and made us VERY welcome! Heaven really made this stay for us special; he really cares about his guest's happiness and helped book anything we needed. He even got us our dream of the holiday - to take a fishing boat out and catch our own dinner, which one of his excellent chefs then very kindly cooked in the tandoor for us! Yum! The rates are very reasonable for what you get; we paid more at a grotty place 10 minutes from the beach. The food menu is hugely varied and excellently cooked; they will even cook things that aren't on the menu (such as your own catch!). The en-suite huts are relatively basic but very well constructed, and set slightly back from the beach in a lovely communal ground with outdoor showers and an almost 24 hr massage hut! I had two during our 4 night stay and I can highly recommend! Other little things that made this place great was the excellent music playing all day (good quality, chilled modern hits and ambient acoustic), fireworks for a bit of a laugh (as it was Diwali) and the reasonable price for wine (we paid 300 rupees more down the beach for the same wine).

All in all, very much worth a try. Heaven was proud of how many people come back year after year, some for months at a time. We would really love to go back and spend longer there.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BryonyCale
Reviewed January 3, 2010

these huts were far better than any others we saw on the beach. the staff were friendly and the food was fantastic. it was very hard to leave this place after having 9 days in pure heaven, and i cried when our taxi finally arrived to take us to the airport.

Stayed: November 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palolem
The Tubki Resort
Neptune Point Premium Cottages
Royal Touch Beach Huts
Royal Touch Beach Huts
#8 of 52 in Palolem

Been to Papillon Beach Huts? Share your experiences!