“ahhmazing!!!”

Blue On Blue Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 St. James B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 29, 2013

wow!!! blue on blue is truly a hidden treasure! tucked away in beautiful st.james, blue on blue provides everything you desire for a honeymoon, family trip, or even a quick weekend getaway. with a short walk to muzenburg (a surfer's paradise), cute cafes and restaurants, and the homey environment, what's not to love about this place.

yes, the view from the rooms are one of a kind. and yes, the artwork and interior design provides guests a comfortable temporary home. i have stayed at many b&b's in various countries, and i must say, blue on blue definitely tops all of them!

but what makes this place truly special are the people! nadeem and yulitswa welcome each guests with open arms and make you feel right at home from the moment you enter through the gates. they make sure you're doing well and having a great time throughout your stay at blue on blue. in addition, they are always open to spend time with you and answer any questions you may have. they know SO much history about cape town/south africa. i read travel and history books on south africa prior to my trip but i learned most from getting to know nadeem and yulitswa and hearing their stories. they make blue on blue extra special.

i'm so thankful that i was able to stay at blue on blue during my short time in cape town. it made my experience SO much richer than i could have ever imagined. when i go back to cape town (and i will), i won't look into any other place than blue on blue. and this is the only place i'll recommend to friends and family.

ALSO, while we were there, my friends and i took morning jogs along the ocean and climbed a million flight of stairs (conveniently located right next to the b&b). so if you're on vacation and worried about being able to find a place to exercise, not to worry at all. :)

1  Thank ashley h

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Blue on Blue is really something special. Upon arriving, I was immediately taken by it’s warmth, charm and stunning views. The staff is knowledgeable, helpful and inviting. One of the first things I consider when choosing travel accommodations is location, location, location, and Blue and Blue did not disappoint. We were a two-block walk from the beach and a very short walk away from local shops, cafes, and restaurants, including those in Calk Bay, which boast amazingly fresh and delicious seafood. Other attractions are a short car ride away, and the staff at the B&B was a great resource, arranging all the transportation we needed to landmarks such as Table Mountain (one of the 7 natural wonders of the world), Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point, a variety of Vineyards, bird and cheetah sanctuaries, Boulder Beach (for penguin watching), Robben Island, the city of Cape Town and the night life of Long Street. Although there was plenty to do each day, Blue and Blue’s beautiful decorations, displays of local artwork, cozy nooks and array of ocean and mountain views from every room, lured us into spending some downtime relaxing and listening to the waves. I felt at home in my room as it was comfortable, clean, and well maintained. My experience at Blue on Blue was one of a kind and I know that I will back without a doubt, what a true Gem.

1  Thank Idamar J
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Blue on Blue is a hidden treasure of Cape Town! This cozy bed and breakfast feels like a home away from home with a warm and friendly staff and comfortable/cleanly living arrangements. The ocean views are absolutely spectacular! In addition, the house is decorated by artwork from local artists giving it a very authentic South African feel. There is so much to do in this area (both within walking distance and a short car ride) such as the beach, restaurants, shopping, Table Mountain, Cape point and Cape of good hope, Boulder beach, Spier Wine vineyards and the City of Cape Town. My experience at Blue and Blue allowed me to leave South Africa with a great appreciation for the beauty of this wonderful country, its culture (both past and present) and its lovely people.

Tom (co-owner of the B&B and co-founder of the non-for profit organization Art Aids Art) Yoliswa, and Nadeem are all extremely knowledgeable about the history and culture of Cape Town and South Africa. They are all VERY warm, welcoming and willing to answer questions about popular activities to their own life experiences.

I would HIGHLY recommend this establishment to all Cape Town travelers and can not wait to return in the future!

This was the experience of a lifetime!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristin G
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I knew I made the right choice to come to Africa when we arrived at Blue on Blue. It is 2 blocks from the beach and when I went to sleep I could hear the ocean. I normally would not be one to review a hotel, but this bed and breakfast is truly excellent in all respects. It was clean and the staff was incredibly friendly, even waiting later to make me fresh breakfast when I slept in. All the rooms have incredible views of the ocean and I felt very comfortable there.

Room Tip: The first room by the stairs is gorgeous.
1  Thank Lila C
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Thank you Blue on Blue for making my stay in Cape Town so wonderful! This was my first bed and breakfast experience and it was absolutely amazing. My room was very cozy and had a beautiful view of the ocean. I loved falling asleep to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore.

The staff is so friendly and accommodating. They are very knowledgeable of the area and provide helpful tips on places to visit. We were able to arrange daily transportation through Blue on Blue, which was very helpful.

I will definitely be coming back in the future!

1  Thank nyc00160763
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just returned from my first trip to Cape Town, South Africa and I can honestly say that B&B made the trip so incredibly amazing. For one the place is sooo comfortable and relaxing, the views are breathtaking, and the location is PERFECT!! It was just a short 5 min walk to the beach, and so close to various shops/restaurants. The staff was phenomenal, so genuine and attentive!! Our hostess made us delicious breakfast every morning giving us a home-like feeling. I stayed for 10 days and I really felt like the staff was more like family. Tom,co- owner of the B&B was so awesome, he was so knowledgeable about various activities and information regarding things to do in the area. I also had the wonderful opportunity of working with him at this organization Art Aids Art in one of the townships and I can say that it was such a great choice! I learned SOOOOO much and had the chance of working with the wonderful women there. WILL DEFINITELY BE RETURNING!!

1  Thank Natasha M
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My experience at the Blue on Blue B&B has been like no other. I felt like I was in the comfort of my own home with a staff that truly cares about how I was doing each and every day, trying to help make it the most relaxing and easiest experience available. They toured us around all of Cape Town's most treasured sites and were very accommodating. Their connection with the Kayelitsha township provides an opportunity to experience the history that took place in Cape Town for the last few decades with a wonderful group of women who work to raise the spirits in their community through their artwork. On top of all these wonderful experiences, it is only a 5 minute walk from the beach and every window in the B&&B overlooks the Atlantic ocean, which really makes it feel like paradise. The staff is a very special group of people and I feel very lucky to have been able to stay at this B&B and highly recommend it to anyone coming to Cape Town. Thank you Blue on Blue!!

1  Thank Shirin G