“Nice stop over,not for a whole day activity.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$75.98*
and up
Byron Bay Day Trip from Gold Coast Including Cape Byron Lighthouse and...
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Knockrow
More attraction details
Owner description: The Macadamia Castle has been the areas most popular activity destination for over 38 years. Entry is free to the Cafe, Nut Bar, Gift Shop, Fine Food section and Macadamia Nut information display. There is a daily programme of interactive activities in the Animal Park with over 200 native and farmyard animals. We have hands on experiences with our salt water crocodiles and many other animals. There are 9 keeper talks between 10.30 and 4pm where you can get up close to the animals.An ideal outing for the family, and a great destination when discovering the district. There is a very reasonable admission charge to the animal park and mini golf. A relaxing stop for fresh homestyle food, coffee, kids activities or education.
Newcastle, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“Nice stop over,not for a whole day activity.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Big shop to buy something and you dont have to pay to get into the shop or cafe.

Fun putt putt golf that is included in the price if you want to see the animals.

Great for the little ones as they can hold a few of the animals, my teens had fun but not really the market this place is aimed at.

Food is nice and plentying of sitting area.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Mel P

Gladstone, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“nice milkshakes and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

The kids love the animals and surrounds.Food is good and easy car parking.

Brisbane
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“I get very excited about weird 'along the way' places”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Found this little treasure along the road to Yamba. I don't know what it is about the Macadamia Castle that I love, but everytime we go to Yamba I NEED to stop here....probably I love macadamias A LOT! Its a tourist attraction, a strange one, and overpriced, but it's always busy. Never done anything but walk in and buy roasted macadamias for our drive (and a few odds and ends from the gift shop), but I wouldn't skip it. Kids seem to love it. I love it to peices but have only given it an average rating as I don't really know WHY I love it to peices!

Visited June 2012
, Owner at Macadamia Castle, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thanks, yes maybe we are a bit wierd and we are also fun.
Next time I hope you can try our very extensive Animal Park ( over 200 animals and 16 hands on animal experiences per day) and maybe even take in mini golf. We are sure the kids will love that.
Also try some local Northern Rivers food and coffee if you have time.
Hope to see you again and maybe even encourage another star or two.
Melbourne
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good but way overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

We enjoyed the castle but it was way overpriced for what it was, really shouldn't be more than $10 to get in, $16 is just price gouging

, Owner at Macadamia Castle, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thanks for your comments.
I'm sorry you didn't think it was value.
Our pricing compares to a couple of hours at the movies.
For that you get 16 hands on animal experiences per day, 18 hole mini golf, access to our over 200 animals, a large tree house playground and 6 acres of beautiful gardens and our creek, pond and rainforest. And you can stay all day.
We record a lot of feedback and the vast majority think its fantastic value.
But thanks for your comments and we do appreciate you taking the time to post a message.
Ormeau, Australia
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Fun place to visit when passing through”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Whilst passing through Knockrow on the Pacific Highway on the weekend we stopped by at the Macadamia castle for a quick bite to eat. We had scones jam and cream and coffee, oh and a hot chocolate. I have to say none of the above was that great coffee and hot chocolate no flavour and the scones definitley not the tastiest. It had a well stocked gift shop which I enjoyed perusing,everything from hot nuts, pickles, sauces, conserves and honey. Macadamia cookies, olive and macadamia oil, vinegars, soaps etc. Out the back there is also a free play area for kids which is great so they can stretch their legs if on a long journey.Overall an ok place to stop if on a long journey.

Visited June 2012