“Knockdery House - Fantastic Hotel, Beautiful Loation. An absolute gem.”

Knockderry House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cove
Manchester
“Knockdery House - Fantastic Hotel, Beautiful Loation. An absolute gem.”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Stayed at Knockderry House on 3rd October 2009 with my wife in the superior room in the old building. What beautiful Hotel in amazing location right overlooking Loch Long. hoel is beautifully maintainted and such a wonderful homely, feel. Blending all original feels with modern contemporary. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. The rooms are outstanding. Beautifully decorated to the highest standard. No detail uncatered for. Serivce is outstanding. Food was amazing. All in all a fantastic place in a fantastic location that I would highliy recommend to anyone looking for a romantic short break. We willl be back. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Hebrew first
Warwickshire, UK
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Great place to go to chill out. The hotel bar is cosy and welcoming - great for a quiet drink after a long walk.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Belfast
Reviewed September 23, 2009

From the moment we arrived were met by very welcoming Management and Staff at this lovely hotel. Fantastic setting with views overlooking Loch Lomond. The food here is excellent and the lamb dish I had on the first night was truly wonderful. Definately worth a second visit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
newcastle
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Booked a potentially lovely trip to this hotel early in the year through late rooms. Well before the week-end of our trip I phoned to ask to rearrange if possible as some important work cropped up. The hotel kindly agreed to reschedule (not obliged to but agreed) a little later in the year and we agreed on a date in april to be exact. I then got an email to say april would be a PROBLEM as it was easter and they didn't suddenly want us as guests as they had plenty! hhmmm I said no problem even though they had agreed verbally (I always thought that was a contract???) and asked to reschedule later in the year. The lady said she would have to ask the owners for an alternative date. No response! Phoned again. No responsefrom the owners! Phoned for the last time. No response. So from a lovely planned week-end to a sour taste and £100 out of pocket in a matter of months. Is that any way to run a business? I think its a case of 'Welcome, we'de love you to stay' out of season and in season 'we couln't give a toss if you stay here or not, we have lots of guests AND your deposit of £100 so up yours!'

Thanks, ......I can only assume it could have been an excellent stay..... we'll never know!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
10 Thank PW1956
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My boyfriend and I visited Knockderry House on 27th June, for my birthday. As soon as we drove up to the hotel, I was delighted. The building is beautiful with well kept gardens and magnificent views. Upon entering the hotel we were met by two lovely collie dogs. Staff were so warm and welcoming, and as our room was not ready yet, we were given a tour of the hotel and taken through to the lounge for a drink. Staff were always on hand and pleasant at all times. We were staying in the Master Room, with lovely four poster bed, and seperate turret bath room with stand alone bath, and lovely views over the loch. We had our evening meal in the restaurant, which was lovely, all made with local produce, and with a variety of options to suit all tastes. The following morniong, breakfast was served inthe dining roon - we had a full Scottish breakfast, cooked to perfection. I cannot fault anything about the hotel, it was so peaceful, in beautiful surroundings, staff sowelcoming. We will definitely return :)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I got married at Knockderry House in 2007 and could not have had a more wonderful day. I chose the hotel for it's stunning location on the shores of Loch Long. My wedding day turned out to be a bit misty but it all added to the ' Scottish charm' we decided! On a sunny day (the morning after our wedding as it happened) it is breathtaking. Our room was beautiful, with huge windows overlooking the Loch. We booked all the rooms of the hotel for the bridal party and my husbands family and it was just fabulous to stay in this wonderful house together. Having had a nosy look in all their rooms we couldn't decide which one we liked the most! The decor is fab. The staff at the hotel made my day completely care free which is all I could have asked. All were friendly and helpful and the owners Murdo&Beth did everything to make our day even more special including very hospitably allowing our friends to play accordians and guitars (very) late into both nights. I should also add, the food is amazing. We had local seafood and beef which was a highlight especially for my husband! Our friends still love talking about our wedding weekend there, which my husband and I feel really happy about. Can't wait for an annniversary visit! Will add photos soon :)

• Stayed October 2007
Dublin
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We stayed there for a friends wedding and found everything to be top notch. The food was amazing, the staff (led by the skipper Murdo) couldn't do enough for you (even serving us whiskey late into the night!), the location perfect (right beside the Loch and at the foothill of the highlands) and the atmosphere was old fashioned charming with a modern flourish. Go, stay, enjoy.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cove
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Knockderry House Hotel? Share your experiences!