Knockderry House Hotel
Travelocity
$267
Loch Maree Hotel(Talladale)
Priceline
Dundonnell Hotel(Little Loch Broom)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Morefield Motel(Ullapool)
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour poster beddrawing roomspecial occasionbeautiful hotelwine listboth nightsfront of houseopen firelounge areapublic areaslovely settingafternoon tealoch lomondfirst classcountry housefood was fantasticold building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We stayed there for a friends wedding and found everything to be top notch. The food was amazing, the staff (led by the skipper Murdo) couldn't do enough for you (even serving us whiskey late into the night!), the location perfect (right beside the Loch and at the foothill of the highlands) and the atmosphere was old fashioned charming with a modern flourish. Go, stay, enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2009

We arrived at the hotel and like others could not believe we were staying in such a beautiful hotel. The wood panelling, sained glass, open fires and very comfy leather armchairs in the lounge bar were all fantastic. Our room was great with a wonderful view of Loch Long. There was a heater in our room and we were not cold. The bathroom was lovely and the room was immaculate. The food was fantastic and we ate too much both nights. My husband loved the chocolate fondant.
We had a thoroughly relaxing stay in this beautiful hotel with friendly, helpful staff and owners.
We would love to go back!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2009

What a place!!! We had a wonderful time, everything was attention to detail, the staff I would say are the just fantastic. Nothing was to much trouble
The owner works hard to make sure you are having a pleasureable stay.
It was clean and our room was airy and large, The food was fantastic and a great wine list.
I loved the Lounge bar, which the locals frequented this was great as the atmosphere in the bar was jolly.
We will be going back.....soon
It was worth the long drive and the traffic jams
The view out over Loch Long is fantastic

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I have to say that I agree with everything Andy from York has writtten in the previous review.

My husband and I together with two good friends booked to stay at Knockderry House for three nights over the New Year. Unfortunately I broke my ankle very badly on 7th December and was told I should not fly to Scotland from Bristol as the ankle had been operated on and was in plaster, much to our disappointment we thought we must cancel but our friends would go on their own.

At the last minute we all decided to drive the 400 miles to Scotland as we telephoned the hotel and our room was still being held for us and we were so glad we took the trouble to do so.

Murdo and all the staff at Knockderry House could not have done more for us and we had a wonderful stay, there was even a chair or stool waiting for me at our table for me to rest my leg on.

The food was excellent and our only regret was that my friends husband and myself could not join in the ceilidh on New Years Eve, but hopefully we will be back next year!

Many thanks to Murdo and all for a wonderful stay.

Pete & Ruth Cunningham (Jane & Rob Arnold)

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 3, 2009

I took my girlfriend to Knockderry House for one of the new year packages they offer (Excellent value I must say). We were impressed from the moment we got to the hotel, as we pulled up the drive my girlfried said "Wow we are never staying here!". The hotelreallt does look impressive all lit up at night (and obviously during the day too).

We were met by one of the many very friendly staff who were expecting us, after dropping our bags off were taken into the bar area for tea, and rather tasty scones.

The hotel has wonderful wood pannelled walls throughout, which are all original. Which adds to the character of the hotel.

Our room was very comfortable, with a TV and DVD player. The hotel has a huge collection of up to date DVDs for guests to view free of charge. The bathroom was a good size too, and the whole room was absolutely spotless. My only grumble would be the room was chilly, but as soon as we mentioned this to the staff they brought another heater up straight away and warmed the room through nicely.

New Years Eve was extra special, we had a five course dinner. Which like all the food we ate while staying there was superb. We also ate in the bar during our stay, and the quality of the food was very good indeed. We were served with plenty of wine during the meal.

There was a dance on after the meal, a bagpiper at midnight and the hotel put a supper on afterwards. But i was way too full to have any, but my girlfriend managed and said she enjoyed it.

The hotel also puts on a very good breakfast menu offering all sorts of traditional Scottish foods.

The chap who owns the hotel never seems to stop. He has time for all of his guests, and always came over to have a word with us. He even recommended a very good walk for us.

The scenery is amazing and there is plenty to do around the hotel, but you will have to drive to get there (Generally a very short drive).

We loved our stay and myself and my girlfriend would like to extend out thanks to all at Knockderry house for making our New Year celebrations so special. We will be back over the Summer.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)