“Grand Hyatt at Goa - Little things that make a difference”
Review of Grand Hyatt Goa

Grand Hyatt Goa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bambolim
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Grand Hyatt at Goa - Little things that make a difference”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Goa unravels differently to different people. For long, I linked Goa to Workplace offsites( That's is the highest reason for my visiting Goa!) or to holidays when you are either Young or Retired, with its Beach, Booze, Clubs and absolute irreverance for any routine!

So this time, when we had 4 days break, and a extended family get together planned with 1 senior citizen, 3 children ( aged 1,3 and 9), and 4 not so young, and defintely not so old adults, the choice of Goa as the holiday destination could go horribly wrong...

But it went beautifully , and the reason for this was 100% the Property we booked: the Grand Hyatt at Bambolim. The property is new, and breaks the "South Goa is Swish" paradigm. The architecture is classical, but not intimidating. Its styling is charmingly modern, and does not pretend any unnecessary heritage

It is cleverly planned and convenient to walk around. For example the Pool, lawns and Spa and the main Dining hall are very close to each other. It gives a sense of a large property. The pool looks the best - very open with diffrent depths, baby pool, waterfall corners, like a central waterbody around which the property is made.

This property does not have the advantage of a great beach adjacent, but one does not miss it at all because the Lawns overlook the sea and one can spend all the time in the manicured comfort, and still soak in waves and sea breeze.That makes this property quite an all season hit.

The spa is also classy, and good masseurs. The indoor pool is like a final secret underneath!

The service is very nice, warm and professional. The staff is curteous,has easy manners, is friendly and helpful. All these matters when one has multiple and continuously changing requirements for children and seniors.

The rooms are nice with a balcony or a sit out. Club rooms come with an access to the club lounge, which gives you all day access and complimentary Tea,cofee, milk. The lounge also serves a limited but sufficient hot and cold breakfast spread and a sundowner evening spread of canapes, snacks and early dinner if you wish...Did I mention the Drinks are on the house in these hours!!..

The food options are pleanty, with 7 resturants ( with one award winning one!). The main Dining hall serves the best buffet. The food in the continental resturant has some way to go, The poolside food is also very good. But I personally liked their Room service the best. They get food in smart tiffins in picnic baskets, along with cutlery. Quite different from large trolleys that move up& down the corridors and if left unattended , looks distasteful.
So if you have had a long day doing Pool, spa and lawn play and don't want to bother going to a resturant, then switch on the TV, cuddle on the bed and order room service !!

Now for the Trump card of the property ( works only if you are with Kids )- A full fleged activity center which runs from morning to evening for kids! And baby sitting offered for late nights too... They have a proper schedule, nice large space and very frendly staff.

Corporate Offsites in Goa is a good business, so I am not too sure if any hotel can refuse them, however If Grant hyatt maintain its standards and are able to service and balance their guests requirements, and have ways to ensure the all types of guests are attended well, the property will be an experience to look forward to !

Room Tip: The Club rooms are a very good deal, even if you pay a little higher . The club lounge access gives...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aparna V
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Aparna V,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your detailed review to the advised travellers. it brings a big smile on my face as I read your wonderful feedback. I am so thrilled that you and your family enjoyed every aspect of your stay and benefited from many of our amenities on offer.

Your wonderful review make us feel very proud, we continuously strive to create memorable experiences for our guests and deliver the Hyatt touch.

Again, thank you for the excellent ratings and we look forward to making your next vacation as memorable as this one.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on activities planned at Grand Hyatt Goa!

Stefan Radstrom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for onsite conference for work. As expected from a high quality hotel in India, the staff were superb and attentive to every request. Stayed in Block 2 and had fairly large room with balcony. Whilst the hotel is superb in beautiful grounds, it can be a very expensive experience. Our rate was INR16,000 per night with breakfast. A glass of wine in the Garden bar was INR1,000 which is expensive by European & US standards. Internet access is also an add on at INR1200 for 24 hours.

The hotel is quite remote but a car service exists which can either drop you off or even wait before bringing you back to the hotel. You will need to use this service if leaving the hotel as there is nothing within walking distance to visit (plus being asked 10 times in less than 3 minutes if you need a taxi outside the main gates soon forces you back inside)

Goa is a great resort and the Grand Hyatt is a nice add on, but be prepared to pay for the experience

1 Thank IainBrighton
Dear IainBrighton,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is a great delight to hear that you had a great stay with us and we are particularly thrilled that you singled out our customer service to be a highlight. It is always inspiring for us to hear from a satisfied guest.

Thank you for your commendation and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you want to spend some relaxed time with your family and ensure that you are away from the Goan crowds, this is the place to be. The rooms are wonderful and have a bay view. The staff is excellent. One thing to note though is that this place is taken by organizations for their internal kickoff and other events.

Room Tip: Rooms with Bay view - Building 3 if possible.
1 Thank prem_iyer
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Prem_iyer,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your quick comment on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and found our location to be tranquil and away from the crowded areas. More over I am glad that you found our staff to be excellent, we continuously strive to deliver the Hyatt touch.

As you have rightly mentioned, our hotel is a preferred destination for weddings, conferences and leisure guests. Having said this we are aware of the requirements of our guests and it is our continuous effort to deliver guest satisfaction.

Thank you again and we look forward to reconnect with you soon.

Stefan Radstrom General Manager
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here recently as part of a conference that was being hosted there. I am not grading on a curve for India--it was priced as a premium property much like in Hawaii--so I am reviewing it as such.

Top line-
The property itself is nice and green with mature landscaping. The hotel has good materials but poor quality of construction. Poor network quality. Nice pool. Lots of wild dogs on the beach. Good breakfast buffet.

More-
The grounds use red volcanic rock as pavers throughout. It's pretty, but fragile with broken pavers and related gravel making walking in the dark difficult.

No sundry shop and you are more than walking distance from any store or town.

All the windows in my room were double paned, but the seal was out so they were filled with condensation and you couldn't see out as a result.

There was a ceiling fan in my room that made loud noise when turned on. Called maintenance twice to fix it. There were going to replace it. Never did.

The pool is quite nice with nice chairs and drink/food service.

The beach is just in front of the hotel. Too bad about all the wild dogs that hang out there making it a place that you won't hang out in.

I am a Platinum in the Hyatt rewards system. No late checkout was provided when I requested it.

The hotel is located about 20 minutes from town with nothing around it to do close. It's not walkable with no sidewalks.

Room Tip: Ask them to show you all the room items working. Fan, curtains, tv, etc. I had to do multiple calls...
2 Thank rcrafte
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Rcrafte,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your detailed review on TripAdvisor. It was a great delight to host the most important conference. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and liked our pool and the food and beverage offerings.

However, I have noted your comments on the pathways, network and late check-out request not being accepted.

Most of the paths are built of laterite stones to blend with the architectural concept of the hotel. Nevertheless, after reviewing the wear and tear of the pathways, we have created a sample with an alternative stone for its replacement in near future. In the interim we continue to carry out repairs wherever necessary.

With regards to the network connection, we are continuously evaluating the same with the service provider’s i.e Idea, Vodafone and Airtel for better network and assure you that this will only get better. I would appreciate if you could tell us which network you are using and I can discuss with our service providers.

Rcrafte, we are always more than happy to accommodate guest’s requests for late check-out subject to availability, we had to regret your request as we were doing a full occupancy during your stay with us.

Regarding the bay, I would like to mention that it is a public property. Nevertheless, we inform the Goa Animal Welfare Trust to take the stray dogs if found in the surrounding areas in order to shelter them in animal-centred environment for more care and attention.

Once more, thank you and I appreciate you taking the time share your valuable comments. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and we were happy to see the staff friendlier and warm. We love the room, the bathroom is grand (my no. 1 priority while booking a hotel) the bed is as comfortable as a bed can be. The food was superb. Breakfast spread is great. I love the swimming pool here. The property is huge and morning walks inside are a pleasure. The beach stretch is good too for quiet time. For all the action one has to travel to North Goa though. For couples and families looking for peace quiet and alone time this is a good option. The Spa is very good too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear SharadArora82,

Greetings form Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again, your return stay proves your liking towards our hotel.

I am glad that our associates delivered you yet another memorable stay. It is our constant effort to exceed guest’s expectations and deliver the Hyatt touch.

Thank you once more and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Pune, India
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Amazing location with great room. However, in the evenings, you have to drive to Baga or Calangute to really enjoy Goa! Nearly private beach stretch, unique reception lobby. Room with an amazing view of the sea. Food quality was great with amazing service !

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear DevenS,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your quick review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel including rooms, our food offerings and found our location to be ideal. Particularly, I am glad that you singled out customer service to be a highlight.

Thank you once more and I hope our unique service will tempt you to return soon to our hotel.

Stefan Radstrom General Manager
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Goa is one of the most scenic holiday destinations in India, and the Hyatt is located next to one of the cleanest public beaches I have seen. Looks like a great vacation destination. It's easy to see why Goa is the location for so many conferences and weddings.

My first day at the Gartner Symposium held here, showed that the location greatness does not carry over to the Grand Hyatt conferencing facilities and service, which are clearly not at global levels. Or perhaps we have been spoilt by conferences in Mumbai and Bangalore.

Difficult to imagine a global conference center where rooms go pitch dark in the middle of presentations, air-conditioning is inadequate with attendees fanning themselves, floor cabling is exposed in places, attendees have to walk to dinner without any lighting, and continuous gossip and mobile chatter is audible from behind the screen during the keynote. Yet, these were some of the surprises in store. See photos.

To make matters worse, seemed like the favoured song of a few of the Hyatt staff for the conference attendees was "wish you were not here". At times they seemed to be almost pushing conference attendees as they raced from one place to another. Perhaps an idyllic vacation crowd is what they crave.

Day two started on a similar note, with the hotel not allowing my cab to enter the premises to drop me at the conference center. Amazingly the security manager Dilip would not even give the front desk number or his supervisor's number to discuss the situation, till Just Dial came to the rescue. The front desk person Nehal promised a call back from the Duty Manager Supriya, who sticking to the tradition here, never called back. I guess idyllic holiday goers are any day better to attend to versus demanding conference attendees. :-)

In all fairness, many things did work. The air-conditioning was better on the second day, the food was excellent and the AV system worked well. The location, as mentioned earlier, is breathtakingly beautiful.

My best interaction eventually was with the event manager Savneet, who Tanu from the Gartner events team put me in touch with. Savneet interacted in a manner befitting personnel from global event venue and was interested in understanding the challenges that I discussed with her. I guess there's hope for the future!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear SinghRakesh,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. It was a great delight to host Gartner once again this year.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused due to power failure on the second half of the first day of the event. This was not usual; as on that day parts of Goa experienced un announced power cuts on account of urgent electric maintenance of government power grids in the state. Even though we had generators to backup for such instances, I believe UPS supported outlets could have been utilised better.

I have viewed the pictures you have posted on travel site and your comment on cabling being exposed. I hope you will appreciate that due to the nature of this large event, multiple electric points were arranged in various areas by the event organisers and their AV team. Nevertheless, I have taken up this matter seriously with the related teams to avoid such instances in the future.

As to air-conditioning, please note that there were more than 50 additional AC units installed only for this event to compensate for the event spaces that required additional cooling, which was well appreciated by delegates and sponsors over last year. While planning next year’s event we will definitely take your comments into consideration.

I have reviewed your feedback with my security team and learnt that due to the huge queue of cars being lined up at the main entrance, and in order not to delay any arrivals or check-ins, all non-resident guests attending the event were directed to the adjoining gate which was the nearest entry to our Grand ballroom.

Above all, I was most concerned to read your comments about your perception of my team’s behaviour, we aim to consistently deliver the most professional and personalised service to our guests and we always have been appreciated with the exceptionally positive attitude of our team members, exactly same as you have highlighted Savneet’s.

SinghRakesh, please do not hesitate to contact me should you find yourself staying with Grand Hyatt Goa in the future, as it would be our pleasure to assist in making sure your next visit is memorable for all the right reasons.

Stefan Radstrom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bambolim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to Grand Hyatt Goa? Share your experiences!