“Great hotel, great service, great location”
Review of Grand Hyatt Goa

Grand Hyatt Goa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bambolim
Pune, India
“Great hotel, great service, great location”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Amazing location with great room. However, in the evenings, you have to drive to Baga or Calangute to really enjoy Goa! Nearly private beach stretch, unique reception lobby. Room with an amazing view of the sea. Food quality was great with amazing service !

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear DevenS,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your quick review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel including rooms, our food offerings and found our location to be ideal. Particularly, I am glad that you singled out customer service to be a highlight.

Thank you once more and I hope our unique service will tempt you to return soon to our hotel.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on activities planned at Grand Hyatt Goa!

Stefan Radstrom General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Goa is one of the most scenic holiday destinations in India, and the Hyatt is located next to one of the cleanest public beaches I have seen. Looks like a great vacation destination. It's easy to see why Goa is the location for so many conferences and weddings.

My first day at the Gartner Symposium held here, showed that the location greatness does not carry over to the Grand Hyatt conferencing facilities and service, which are clearly not at global levels. Or perhaps we have been spoilt by conferences in Mumbai and Bangalore.

Difficult to imagine a global conference center where rooms go pitch dark in the middle of presentations, air-conditioning is inadequate with attendees fanning themselves, floor cabling is exposed in places, attendees have to walk to dinner without any lighting, and continuous gossip and mobile chatter is audible from behind the screen during the keynote. Yet, these were some of the surprises in store. See photos.

To make matters worse, seemed like the favoured song of a few of the Hyatt staff for the conference attendees was "wish you were not here". At times they seemed to be almost pushing conference attendees as they raced from one place to another. Perhaps an idyllic vacation crowd is what they crave.

Day two started on a similar note, with the hotel not allowing my cab to enter the premises to drop me at the conference center. Amazingly the security manager Dilip would not even give the front desk number or his supervisor's number to discuss the situation, till Just Dial came to the rescue. The front desk person Nehal promised a call back from the Duty Manager Supriya, who sticking to the tradition here, never called back. I guess idyllic holiday goers are any day better to attend to versus demanding conference attendees. :-)

In all fairness, many things did work. The air-conditioning was better on the second day, the food was excellent and the AV system worked well. The location, as mentioned earlier, is breathtakingly beautiful.

My best interaction eventually was with the event manager Savneet, who Tanu from the Gartner events team put me in touch with. Savneet interacted in a manner befitting personnel from global event venue and was interested in understanding the challenges that I discussed with her. I guess there's hope for the future!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear SinghRakesh,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. It was a great delight to host Gartner once again this year.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused due to power failure on the second half of the first day of the event. This was not usual; as on that day parts of Goa experienced un announced power cuts on account of urgent electric maintenance of government power grids in the state. Even though we had generators to backup for such instances, I believe UPS supported outlets could have been utilised better.

I have viewed the pictures you have posted on travel site and your comment on cabling being exposed. I hope you will appreciate that due to the nature of this large event, multiple electric points were arranged in various areas by the event organisers and their AV team. Nevertheless, I have taken up this matter seriously with the related teams to avoid such instances in the future.

As to air-conditioning, please note that there were more than 50 additional AC units installed only for this event to compensate for the event spaces that required additional cooling, which was well appreciated by delegates and sponsors over last year. While planning next year’s event we will definitely take your comments into consideration.

I have reviewed your feedback with my security team and learnt that due to the huge queue of cars being lined up at the main entrance, and in order not to delay any arrivals or check-ins, all non-resident guests attending the event were directed to the adjoining gate which was the nearest entry to our Grand ballroom.

Above all, I was most concerned to read your comments about your perception of my team’s behaviour, we aim to consistently deliver the most professional and personalised service to our guests and we always have been appreciated with the exceptionally positive attitude of our team members, exactly same as you have highlighted Savneet’s.

SinghRakesh, please do not hesitate to contact me should you find yourself staying with Grand Hyatt Goa in the future, as it would be our pleasure to assist in making sure your next visit is memorable for all the right reasons.

Stefan Radstrom
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed for one night for a friends sons wedding.
This hotel has the scale, banquet hall, gardens to put up a real show. Its huge!
(It is NOT a resort, as the beach is really dark brown dirty sand, as its where the river meets the sea. So forget the beach).
BUT, the wedding ceremony was setup on the 'beach' very well done. The hall also was well decorated. Food was good. The room is huge, 4 fixture toilet. (Who uses bathtubs these days??), nice rain shower, and amazing towels!!
TV, is funnily located on the right wall, as in from of the bed you have the full window out to the balcony. So its strange to watch TV with your neck turned hard right.
Large property again, nice lawns, nice pool. (Some of the quality of finish of the flooring etc in the public areas, is, OUCH!, but too late to fix it).
So, large events, where you need a large hall, this is the place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Hipposcuba,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. It was a great joy to host the most important event and we are pleased to know that we met your expectations.
Regarding the bay I would to mention that the shoreline mainly depends on the tides and the sand being wet looks darker in colour. Nevertheless, in addition to astonishing views of sunset it is a perfect place to unwind and relax.

The television is placed on the side wall in order to provide more space to move around in the room and particularly not to block the beautiful views of the gardens and the bay. The television is mounted on to a hinge that could be rotated as per your viewing.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We checked into the hotel on our last day at Goa with one purpose in mind - Relax. And i could not have made a better choice. Our check in was smooth, the staff friendly, the atmosphere relaxed.

Our room was spacious with a bathroom to match. Not just the size, but the amenities provided were impressive. I wish I had stayed there longer cause I wanted to spend more time in the bathroom. It was well lit, and felt fresh. My kids couldn't get enough of the rain shower and the bath tub even though they spent the entire day at the pool. On the downside, the bathroom got a little slippery causing my husband to slip- but can't really blame the hotel for that.

We had a bayview room and you could hear the roar of the sea when you sat in the veranda.

The hammocks, the 'after-beach' shower, archery board, relaxing chairs were all well placed.

The pool was a delight. Having a kids pool meant you didn't have to worry about them constantly. The poolside service was good and the food was tasty. However it could have been quicker. The staff around the pool were helpful and polite without intruding.

The kids camp is another great facility to be utilized if you are heading to the spa.

The food was excellent.

The property is huge and not very far from Panjim. Transport facilities are available on request.

Overall this five star experience was just what I had planned and needed to say adios to Goa - a perfect vacation spot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Neeta8,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for sharing your brilliant review to the advised trippers on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to note your wonderful feedback and happy to know you and your family truly enjoyed the facilities and many of our amenities on offer.

It is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest, rest assure we will continue to exceed guest’s expectations.

Once again thank you for your commendation and we look forward to creating many more memorable vacations for you.

Stefan Radstrom
Kolhapur, India
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A big, 5 star property with a world renowned brand name and just 10 minutes away from Panjim. Too bad it's not all true!
The Guest House No.1, where we got rooms, is at one end of the property, with the main building being the centre of all the activities.
It's a bit secluded and offers good silence and privacy. If you have a bay facing room, ou can hear the waves. It's pretty soothing. The rooms are also pretty updated but have switches thrown all over the place.
But, it also has a constant stink all around it, except the entrance. The paths from the front are pretty slippery, have sludges and are so poorly lit, that it's impossible to move around at night.
In fact, be careful with the paths all over the place. Some are loose and most are slippery.
The service is bad. Be ready to wait for everything. From being locked out of your room because they gave you the wrong key or for a buggy, everything takes a lot of time. Most of the waiters are clueless as it is. While one girl did not know the way to the spa, one guy actually almost checked me into another guest's room.
The food is the saving grace. The layout is good and food tastes well, especially their Indian restaurant, Chula.
The location of being close to Panjim also makes it easy to commute.
The spa is also pretty good, but doesn't have a salon.
It was a disappointment and I don't think I would recommend this.

Room Tip: Bay facing rooms are quieter and calmer.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear BPiyush,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. At the onset I am happy that you enjoyed our food offerings, found our location to be convenient to commute to Panjim and our award winning Shamana Spa. I would like to inform you that we are going to have the Salon operational very soon.

I have noted your displeasure with several aspects of your stay including the service, room key and buggy which took longer than usual. I truly regret these inconsistencies, this is not our usual standards we pride ourselves on.
Regarding the pathways, I would like to mention that due to the damp weather condition and humidity the moss is formed along the pathways. Nevertheless, it is a constant effort of our gardening to keep the pathways clean and immaculate. I have instructed our engineering team to relook at the lightning and take immediate action.

Mr. BPiyush, I truly appreciate your feedback as this will help us improve our standards. Thank you once again and I hope you treat this as one of instance and give us another opportunity to make your next stay flawless.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, dine under the stars and eat all the sea food you can! I love the Grand Hyatt, always top quality fresh food and service. Do not miss out on their evening buffets and this amazingly mystique athmosphere in their garden! Always a five star experience!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Angela S
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Angela S,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your quick comments on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your patronage towards our seafood night. I am truly glad to know that you enjoyed the buffet spread.

For the coming season we have planned a lot more theme nights throughout the week to provide a range of entertainment for our guests while they take pleasure of our exclusive dining experience. Don’t miss out our Arabian nights on every Friday which will be an evening to remember and the Sunday brunch that has been a highlight amongst most of our guests.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been to Goa many times on casual fun trips with frineds...but this was my first business trip for four days where I got an opportunity to stay with Grand Hyatt....a very good place to stay with added luxury....the walk near sea side was a really fantastic experience in evening....never thought Goa would be so peaceful as compared to my past trips which were very adventurous....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank pratikbhurat
Dear Pratikbhurat,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your brief review to the advised travellers. We are delighted to host the most important conference and happy to note that you had a wonderful business trip and found our property to be very luxurious.

Thank you once more and we hope you get further opportunities to stay at many of our Hyatt hotels. We look forward to welcome you on your next business trip or family vacation.

Stefan Radstrom General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bambolim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
#6 of 64 in Candolim
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to Grand Hyatt Goa? Share your experiences!