“Seafood Night Market”
Review of Grand Hyatt Goa

Grand Hyatt Goa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bambolim
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This SEAFOOD NIGHT MARKET is as see-worthy as it gets. I had the best seafood ever yesterday. The place to be on Thursday nights :). Grand Hyatt Goa is a beautiful hotel and well designed gardens. The staff is also so nice and helpful :).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mette F
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Mette F,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your brief comments on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly loved our Thursday night Seafood Market.

We have planned many such theme nights for this season throughout the week to mention a few are Arabian nights, ladies night, Karaoke night and many more. We are confident that these theme nights will successful by the support of our guests.

Thank you once more for your cheering comments, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on activities planned at Grand Hyatt Goa!

Stefan Radstrom

Write a ReviewReviews (2,478)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The word 'hospitality' is more appropriate here as it goes way beyond 'service'. Read on and you'll know why.
Checked in: September 30, 2013.Checked out: October 04, 2013.Room no: 2210. Guest House no.2.

This was my first vacation with my 1.5 year old toddler. My wife and I were a lil edgy about the facility. However, it turned out to be a great vacation with fond memories.

Check-in:Reservations were made by us two months prior. Checkin was a breeze. A girl named Anisha led us straight to the room without wasting time at the lobby front desk. Amidst idle chat, we were shown around and explained about the dining area as we walked. Once we reached the room, the identification and credit card were requested to complete formalities. These were duly returned within an hour.Traveller Tip: if you don't like walking, ask for a buggy (golf car) ride, a service offered free. Though I like walking, I was carrying my kid.. got a bit impatient for the walk to end and get into the cosy comfort of the room to freshen up.
The room:We were pleasantly surprised to find a baby crib placed in the room without our asking. Other complementary items not mentioned in the package included unlimited bottled mineral water, 5 fresh apples that were replaced everyday and an ipod dock. The room was maintained pristine and lived up every bit to our expectation with Hyatt. There were two tables; One we used for all baby related stuff like bottle steriliser and electric heater plate that we got along. Second table was a workstation, ideal for laptop, tablet and charging cellphones. The adjoining balcony was quite spacious and had two beach-couches and a table. This is a bay-view room and overlooks the lawn and bay. Best views are in mornings, and at evenings you can see a nice sunset. Room service was always prompt. We were informed that food ordered in the room would take 35-40 minutes to arrive and it did. The Kids Khichdi prepared by them was delicious and nutritious with cut vegetables. The kitchen was far from our room, however, due care was taken by them to ensure that piping hot food reached us. We noticed that housekeeping did their job twice in a day, morning and evening, something we've never experienced before. Extravagance that was welcome owing to us cluttering up the room in our lazy vacation mood. Coming back to the room after our afternoon pool splashing session and evening outing / dinner was just like walking into a new room altogether. Innovative artwork made out of bathroom towels added to the pleasant sight..fun to watch my lil girl play with the artwork.. She liked the towel-swan the most.Bathroom was spacious with separate enclosures for shower and westibule. It had a bathtub too. None of the bathroom doors could be locked from inside or outside. Spotless clean, large and small towels and two bath-robes were provided on all days. I found the room slightly larger than other hotels of similar calibre that I've stayed in.Traveller tip: The granite floor gets quite cold. You may like to spread dry towels on it or use home-slippers provided in the shoe rack.
The buffet dining area and food:Dining area is spacious and had good spread of Indian and International cuisines. Breakfasts include juices, fruits, eggs-boiled and made-to-order, sausages, cold cuts, honey glazed ham, Indian items like dosas, idlis, upma, etc.Breakfast desserts included various croissants and muffins. As we would complete our late, sumptuous breakfast by 11.30, lunch would be skipped. Dinner spread was also quite elaborate. We did see repetition in the veg menu and the live grill counter. The butter-garlic naan with fish, mutton and chicken preparations was delicious. Dinner desserts included ice creams, indian sweets, mousse, some pastries, etc.Baby seats are offered for children and it helps to have the kids sit on them with seat belts. A glass of watermelon juice for my kid was offered on-the-house by a smiling staff team leader, Mr. Shailesh from the dining area.Special thanks to Mr. Ruel at the dining area: One day, we had to leave the dinner table in a rush as the baby got very cranky. In this episode, my wife left her GalaxyS3 cellphone on the seat. We didn't realise we were missing the phone until we got a call in our room from Mr. Ruel that the cellphone was left behind. He traced the phone to us based on a call he answered on our phone and asked the caller the phone owner's name. Moreover, he took the trouble to come and hand it over to us all the way to our room! We were floored..to say the least.
The pool:The pool was very well maintained and quite designer. Service by the pool was good. They promptly provided a life jacket for the baby when they saw us take her into the pool. Booze and cocktails ordered by the pool arrived promptly. Music played around the pool added to the chilled-out ambience. We happened to leave behind our baby's cap here, which was handed to us by an attendant almost immediately as we left the pool premises.Traveler tip: get pool facing rooms if you like watching a designer pool with some activity and music in the afternoons. Get bay-view rooms if you prefer some quiet and mild natural surround sound of the waves.
The property, gardens and outdoors:The property has sprawling lawns and gardens outdoors. The lawns are as clean and mowed to look even and pleasing like the greens. The gardens with colourful flowers and butterflies are a treat too. My kid could run and frolic on the lawn without us getting worried about her hurting herself from falling.. and she did fall lot of times on the grass, only to get up and run yet again. Lawns are lined with a few hammocks and couches for lazing around amidst nature. The property outdoors look splendid and refreshing in daytime.
Gym, indoor pool, spa and jacuzzi:We could barely manage to visit these places to see them and couldn't use any of these as our toddler demanded most of our time and attention. However, I liked what I saw.. Indoor pool and jacuzzi were neat. Gym was decent.
Check-out:Even upon informing almost an hour prior, checkout formalities did take a good 20 minutes. While going through the bills, I noticed certain items from the minibar that were added without us consuming them (approx Rs. 1200). These were promptly taken off the bill without question and due apologies offered.Due to the time consuming checkout, I kept getting calls from my cabbie who was to drop me to airport. In this frenzy, I left my baby's bottle steriliser at the desk and took off. Upon reaching midway to the airport, we realised that the steriliser was left behind. Upon my making a sincere request on telephone, Mr.Garvat organised for the bottle steriliser to be delivered by car to the airport. Mr. Milton, who is stationed  at the airport for receiving guests, personally collected the equipment from their car and handed it to me where I was waiting in the airport. This would have been a charged service, however, owing to their hospitality and consideration towards children, no fee was charged. The car would return with guests in it in a couple of hours, I was told.We were overwhelmed.. Yet again!
If both the items were not returned to us (cellphone and steriliser) by the staff, this trip would have cost us almost 60% more!Hats off to Hyatt for making our first vacation with the baby a very memorable one in every sense!
Having said that I'll now list a few suggested improvements and some complaints too.
Suggested improvements:1. Ashtray and matchbox / lighter may be provided in all smoking rooms. Mine was a smoking room and did not have these. Not a major problem as I managed to get a matchbox from the housekeeping cabin on the ground floor and used a bottle with some water for an ashtray.
2. In room 2210 the wooden floor that leads from the bathroom to the room creaks loudly when walked upon. Twice, my sleeping baby woke up due to the noise when I walked on that floor.
Complaints:
1. Lighting on outdoors is very dull / dim in evenings. Brighter lights by the lawns, pool and well lit walkways from the guest houses to the dining area will make the place look a lot more lively in the evening. If not the entire property, atleast the walkways must be better lit.
2. Buggy services is not up to the mark. Out of the 3 times that we called for the buggy, we got it only once. Twice, we got bored of waiting and decided to walk it up carrying the baby.
3. For 2 days, the hotel was hosting a conference by some TMT manufacturing Company. The people at the conference were not a civilised lot. They would wander around the pool staring at the guests, ladies in the pool. Some discretely tried clicking pictures. The ones who were in rooms next to ours were perpetually drunk and noisy, and would go from one floor to the other wearing bathroom towels. Perhaps, some dos and don'ts must be informed to all such guests by the hotel so that other guests are not inconvenienced by such people and their uncouth behaviour.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Kris313

Dear Kris313,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for having taken your precious time to share your detailed feedback with us on TripAdvisor. It really brings a big smile on our faces when we read such nice comments about our property. Team at Grand Hyatt Goa is truly pleased to note that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay right from check-in and more over we are delighted to learn that your child had a wonderful first vacation with us.

I feel very proud to see the names of our associates and the way they took initiative to deliver Hyatt touch. I will certainly recognize my team members Anisha, Ruel, Garvit and Shailesh for their efforts in making your stay impressive. It is always inspiring for the staff to read comments like yours, and I will be sure to put it on the staff notice board for all to see.

I have well noted your constructive feedback and assure you that I will personally look into it and take further action. It is our constant endeavour to provide authentic hospitality and we will continue to exceed our guest’s expectations.

Rest I hope our distinctive service will make you return to our hotel for another vacation.

I express my gratitude once more for your commendation. We look forward to making your next stay as memorable as this one.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

i stayed there from 19th to 23rd september. The staff is the worst that any star category hotel can have. The restaurant people give you a feeling as you are on package they are serving you meal for free. NEVER EVER think of staying there it is better to stay at a DHABA hotel then this rubbish so called 4 star

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cispl
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Cispl,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I have noted your brief comments, however would like you to contact me in order to understand what happened.

Working very closely with my colleagues, I am proud of all the positive feedback given by guests on how courteous and friendly my team is.

Stating that the hotel is rubbish is a strong statement which I clearly disagree with.

Saying this, once you contact me and have the facts on hand, I will go to the bottom of this and correspond with you accordingly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed there for a Business meet. felt nice during Welcome at the property. Suite provided should be Top rates as the space, size and amenities were world standards.
Just that if directions were mentioned, it would be easier to navigate within the property.
Food can be made better.
Othervise, a good place to stay which is close to North Goa but away from the Hulabaloo of the North.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear AnkitB,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are extremely pleased to know that you had a warm welcome at our hotel and liked our location and found the amenities to be world class.
Regarding signages, I would like to mention that we have made a lot of changes considering our guests feedback. Nevertheless, I will look into the same.

Thank you again, we look forward to re-connecting with you soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Everythings nice about the place apart from the distance from the main city. The rooms are nice with good view of either sea or artificial lake. The rooms are spacious. The service was decent. The breakfast, lunch & dinner quality were very nice. The pool is big enough. Its located on the beach and the beach is quite clean. The staff were very polite and helpful. I would definitely stay there for the third time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ankit_Tripathi2000

Dear Ankit_Tripathi2000,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us including our spacious rooms, the views and our pools. Particularly I am glad that you singled out customer service as being one of the highlights.

Once more thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had visited the Grand Hyatt along with my husband for a conference. We managed to book a day before and after the conference for our own personal stay. So the trip was a mix of business and pleasure. We loved our stay at the hotel , despite continuous rainfall playing spoilsport.

While I have been to few 5 star hotels in the past, I was pleasantly surprised to see how the hotel delivered on both product and service. Although we were unable to book the bay view rooms, we managed to get a corner poolside room which was extremely well maintained. The minibar was probably locked due to the conference happening on 2 days which was a pain. However the housekeeping service was very good. Also anyone performing housekeeping service at least twice in a day would get 5 stars from me very easily. I loved the room decor . Actually I loved the bathrooms more and ended up taking notes for our future home. ( would love to get to know the interior designer for the rooms if possible :) ).

The hotel based on ancient Portuguese architecture is a real beauty. It is located in a quieter neighbourhood in north Goa, by the side of Bambolim bay. The lawns overlook the beach ( if technically it can be called a beach ). You could walk, play , swim in the beach. Or you could sit on the divan-like structures made out of mattresses, cane and canvas covering on the top, and look at the waves lapping against the shore. For the historically inclined , there is a 16th century dilapidated church-like structure present on the lawns. Apparently it was used by the fishermen in those days. While most of the structure has crumbled away, some of the walls and a cross inside still remain.

The food services were quite good , possibly priced on the higher side. But emphasis is on "quite good ". We loved the food from the confiteria a lot. Missed the eating at the Chulha and the Verandah unfortunately. The food available at the Dining Room was a mixture of okay and good. Some of the servers waiting were really too junior and didn't provide great advice. I thought one or two were mildly snooty as well but thankfully I wasn't in the mood to care. Management might want to note that.

The other aspect of service that really amazed me was that their PMS actually works very well and is well integrated across the different hotel areas. Orders, inputs were seamlessly transferred and worked in real-time. I loved the fact that the phone in the room was mapped to our names and would show up when we called reception or other service. These little things actually add up to a great experience.

The other gripe that I have was the car drivers in the concierge service. They drive a tad too fast and have to be told twice to slow down. Also some have a tendency to drive while talking on the mobile phone.

Overall a wonderful stay and we would love to return here in better weather.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Anaroiter,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for having taken the time to share your detailed review. I am truly glad to learn that you liked the architecture, interiors and views from your room, our food offerings and the facilities and services offered. We truly appreciate your feedback, this makes us feel very proud and it is our continuous attempt to exceed guest expectations.

Your comments on our car drivers have been noted and I will personally brief the team to avoid such reoccurrences in future.

At Hyatt we respect the environment and contribute to the local community and hence we have preserved the ruins of the chapel which is of historic significance.

I am pleased to inform you that our interior designer is GA international, a London based company. You can visit ga-design.com/contact/ for more information.

Thank you again, we are glad to know you consider returning back. I would recommend you stay with us during mid October to April to enjoy the dry season in Goa and a lot of activities at our hotel.

Stefan Radstrom General Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2013

i was there to attend award function organised by my company.hotel is really grand. i was there with my sariq-e-hyatt. everything was excellent.but i think that the staff was become under pressure when our group reach there. they are not experience to handle big group.our check-in was too late.lunch is very delicious but breakfast was not meet to my expectation.when i was go to b/f at 9.30 am most of the things were finished. jar of juices were empty.overall hotel architecture is very attractive.at the time of check out staff was unable to found my luggage. but the guy who look out checkout process was very active so he was manage to found my luggage with in 15 minute.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Ghoomakad,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am glad to know you liked the architecture and found the concept very attractive.

However, I regret your discontent with the check-in process and breakfast offerings. I have reviewed your feedback with our department heads to brief the team in respective area and take immediate action on areas that concern our guests.

Thank you once more, your feedback will assist us to monitor our standards and improve
service. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Stefan Radstrom

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bambolim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
The Leela Goa
The Leela Goa
#1 of 10 in Cavelossim
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga

Been to Grand Hyatt Goa? Share your experiences!