Just came back after 4 nights at this property. Had travelled there with my family and we had 2 Garden facing rooms. There is no doubt that this is a grand property - well constructed and a very different concept. The location is actually pretty good - secluded in the immediate vicinity but only about 10 Kms from Panjim town and another 10 Kms to the beaches of Calangute and onwards.
The property gives a grand impression when you drive in....The main building consists of the Lobby, some lounging areas, the Restaurants. All the guest rooms are in buildings, that are designed like Grand villas on either side.
The positives :
1. Large rooms (as befit a Grand Hyatt) with all amenities, large bathrooms with both a large shower area as well as a bathtub. We had a large sitout too but the view was very ordinary - garden facing (and there was still work being completed behind a scaffolding).
2. Very good level of housekeeping. Very generous with Tea/coffee provisions and Drinking water.
3. Fantastic impact of gardens, the pool area, the large trees and the ocean.
4. Very reasonable prices of food and Drinks. I thought the specialty restaurant - Chulha was exceptionally well priced, the pastry shop - Confiteria was a steal. Most Drinks (Margaritas, etc) at 350 each were again a steal.
5. The food was by and large very good. We had the breakfast buffet each morning and the spread was quite good. The Cappuccino is exceptional. I had 2 cups every morning - the best outside Italy.
6. Decent rates for car hire. Again, not a rip off like a lot of Hotels.
7. The staff at the poolside were very helpful and never said no.
In all, a property which recognises that people come to Goa to make full use of the resort (amongst other things) and it makes sense to price things correctly so that they dont end up going out of the property too often.
The things to improve :
1. This cant be improved but the Beach (though secluded and quiet and great for a walk) is quite muddy. You couldnt spot people lounging around on that sand. What I expected to see were some Jetskis, etc, but there are no water sports.
2. The service can be slightly indifferent at times. I understand that this is a newish property and while there are some great folks like Viraj in the Dining room, etc, some of them used to become tense as crowds emerged. I heard from two different people that the Hotel had over 700 people staying and this was to tell me that service is slow because of that. I thought this would be good news for a Hotel and not a reason to feel sad. We were told one morning at 9 50 am that the Dining room downstairs would stop serving Breakfast at 10 against the time of 11 am and we were told to go up to another area. We did so but later learnt the next day that this was not the case. The person who told us this simply didnt want to explain that the restaurant was crowded at that time.
3. The pool area is quite nice and lrge but I couldn't understand why they had this abutment in the centre which if one wasnt too careful, could hurt someone. They also have a fabulous large indoor pool which unfortunately is freezing because the water is not heated.
Net net, this was an overall good trip and money's worth and am sure that as they settle down, one will see the service levels going up a notch. I still think there is nothing to beat the Taj Holiday village service and the beach there but this property - the grandness, the rooms, food quality, etc, will give it some serious competition in the coming years.
Dont miss - a drink in the lounge area facing the Ocean outside Capiz Bar at night, a meal at Chulha and the Cappuccino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Goa is an enchanting destination resort and spa set on the calm waters of Bambolim Bay in North Goa, seven km from the capital of Panaji and 25 km from Dabolim Airport. Inspired by a 17th century Indo-Portuguese palace, the resort is spread over 28 acres of colourful, tropical gardens and lush lawns that roll down to the water’s edge. Grand Hyatt Goa presents spectacular views from several of its rooms, suites and restaurants. With a wide selection of authentic cuisines and flavours from different parts of the world, the resort’s several restaurants welcome guests with the traditional warmth of a Goan residence. An extensive spa and fitness centre, indoor and outdoor swimming pools and Camp Hyatt facilities for kids offer a complete recreational and wellness experience for couples, friends and the entire family throughout the year. Grand in scale and design, the resort offers the largest banquet facilities in Goa (over 3,000 sq mts) which are perfectly suited for grand weddings, social events, conferences and small and large meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Hyatt Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Goa Hotel Bambolim
- Grand Hyatt Goa Bambolim