“Grand addition to Goa” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bambolim
New Delhi, India
“Grand addition to Goa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Just came back after 4 nights at this property. Had travelled there with my family and we had 2 Garden facing rooms. There is no doubt that this is a grand property - well constructed and a very different concept. The location is actually pretty good - secluded in the immediate vicinity but only about 10 Kms from Panjim town and another 10 Kms to the beaches of Calangute and onwards.

The property gives a grand impression when you drive in....The main building consists of the Lobby, some lounging areas, the Restaurants. All the guest rooms are in buildings, that are designed like Grand villas on either side.

The positives :
1. Large rooms (as befit a Grand Hyatt) with all amenities, large bathrooms with both a large shower area as well as a bathtub. We had a large sitout too but the view was very ordinary - garden facing (and there was still work being completed behind a scaffolding).
2. Very good level of housekeeping. Very generous with Tea/coffee provisions and Drinking water.
3. Fantastic impact of gardens, the pool area, the large trees and the ocean.
4. Very reasonable prices of food and Drinks. I thought the specialty restaurant - Chulha was exceptionally well priced, the pastry shop - Confiteria was a steal. Most Drinks (Margaritas, etc) at 350 each were again a steal.
5. The food was by and large very good. We had the breakfast buffet each morning and the spread was quite good. The Cappuccino is exceptional. I had 2 cups every morning - the best outside Italy.
6. Decent rates for car hire. Again, not a rip off like a lot of Hotels.
7. The staff at the poolside were very helpful and never said no.

In all, a property which recognises that people come to Goa to make full use of the resort (amongst other things) and it makes sense to price things correctly so that they dont end up going out of the property too often.

The things to improve :
1. This cant be improved but the Beach (though secluded and quiet and great for a walk) is quite muddy. You couldnt spot people lounging around on that sand. What I expected to see were some Jetskis, etc, but there are no water sports.
2. The service can be slightly indifferent at times. I understand that this is a newish property and while there are some great folks like Viraj in the Dining room, etc, some of them used to become tense as crowds emerged. I heard from two different people that the Hotel had over 700 people staying and this was to tell me that service is slow because of that. I thought this would be good news for a Hotel and not a reason to feel sad. We were told one morning at 9 50 am that the Dining room downstairs would stop serving Breakfast at 10 against the time of 11 am and we were told to go up to another area. We did so but later learnt the next day that this was not the case. The person who told us this simply didnt want to explain that the restaurant was crowded at that time.
3. The pool area is quite nice and lrge but I couldn't understand why they had this abutment in the centre which if one wasnt too careful, could hurt someone. They also have a fabulous large indoor pool which unfortunately is freezing because the water is not heated.

Net net, this was an overall good trip and money's worth and am sure that as they settle down, one will see the service levels going up a notch. I still think there is nothing to beat the Taj Holiday village service and the beach there but this property - the grandness, the rooms, food quality, etc, will give it some serious competition in the coming years.

Dont miss - a drink in the lounge area facing the Ocean outside Capiz Bar at night, a meal at Chulha and the Cappuccino.

Room Tip: Get a Bayview facing room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gagan R
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Gaganr,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to single out a few highlights. I am delighted you enjoyed the rooms and the amenities on offer, the views of the hotel, the pool and off course the service offered by our staff including your special mention of Viraj.

I appreciate your feedback on service at the restaurants and have well noted your comments and suggestions. This enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we endeavour to provide to our guests.

Thank you once more, hope you will once again choose to give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations in all aspects and make your next stay flawless!

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on activities planned at Grand Hyatt Goa.

Stefan Radstrom General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

the view frm the beach facing rooms is so serene... rooms are clean,fully equiped. though the hotel falls short of staff to assist as the property is pretty huge. we had a great time at the pool, yet i believe they increase the pool hours.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Amu009,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed the room, the views and had great time at the pool. I hope you were able to capture the sunsets from your room which are spectacular this time of the year.

Thank you once again, we look forward to seeing you soon

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Having been a frequent traveler into India for business I don't usually have the opportunity to just kick down and relax.

But I must admit- without a shadow of doubt, the grand hyatt Goa has guven me this opportunity.

I absolutely loved my experience here and will definitely be making many many more trips to this beautiful hotel.

A huge thank you to the staff for being nothing short of amazing!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Miksha N,

Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your generous review. I am glad that we met your expectations and you had a relaxing stay with us. Particularly we are thrilled that you singled out the customer service as being one of the highlights. It gives me immense pleasure to pass on your compliments to my team.

We do look forward to welcoming you again many more times at Grand Hyatt Goa.

Subang Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed in Room 7016, Guest House No 7 for 2 weeks in October 2012, and honestly, after travelling around the world and living in other Hyatt properties, I must confess this is my BEST experience ever! From the day I stepped into this hotel, I was impressed and each moment spent in the restaurants, in the lobby, in the rooms, in the garden, in the terraces further made me feel more and more comfortable that I felt a tinge of sadness to leave this hotel on the last day.
I stayed in Room 7016, Guest House 7, which has one the better views of the Bambolim Bay and the old chapel and coconut palm trees outside the room. In the mornings, I always had a cup of coffee while sitting outside the terrace of my room, within a private area just to enjoy the sound of the waves and the birds and the beautiful sunshine.
To move about within this large sprawling property, one can either opt to talk a walk along the many routes available or just call for a buggy. That's right, a buggy service operates 24/7 and takes guests to any part of the hotel.
The rooms are spacious, luxurious, well lit and very very neatly tidied each day by a team of diligent housekeeping personnel. The bathrooms are huge with three distinct compartments within the main section - one for the general wash basin and sleeping tub and cupboard to keep your belongings, one is a toilet area, and one is a soothing cool shower place.
The wifi connection in the hotel rooms as well as the lobby and restaurants are extremely good and the internet speed is fast.
As for food, I'd recommend the Seafood restaurant near the lobby for the Fresh Catch of the Day, the crabcake appetiser and ofcourse, another place would be the Ground Floor Coffee House for buffet dinner and also breakfast.
If you're looking to spend time only in the hotel, it's also perfectly fine to do so. Check out the spa and the gym and the impressively huge basement swimming pool - have never seen such a facility in any other Hyatt hotel so far. The spa treatment rooms and the service is pleasant and relaxing. The gym has everything for a sports freak. If you prefer the outdoors, you can also opt to take a jog along the beach in the early mornings.

Room Tip: Room No 7016 or any ground floor rooms at Guest House No 7 with a view of either the chapel or just...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gopi2225
Dear Gopi225,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and gorgeous Goa!

Thank you for selecting Grand Hyatt Goa as your accommodation. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your detailed review to the advised trippers.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities and service provided by our staff and seems to have enjoyed every bit of your stay and returned back with memorable experiences. It is very cheering to read comment such as yours. I take great pleasure in sharing your comments with my team.

Thank you one more for your excellent ratings on TripAdvisor and your commendation! Team at Grand Hyatt Goa is looking forward to your next visit.

nks001
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Property is nice and clean, and rooms are very well appointed. We did a family trip and had booked 3 pool view rooms.

First the downers
- Staff training is an issue. While eager to please and friendly, recd. different answers from different people for just about all questions. Very frustrating.
- Pool is great but is poorly designed with random steps in the pool that you bump into
- Onsite hotel provided recreation items are minimal
- Spa is priced to discourage use
- Jacuzzi is cold water. Believe they are fixing this
- Beach is so so since property is on bay

What I liked
- Propertly is pleasant and doesnt feel crowded
- Room are nice with rain showers and large balconies and comfortable beds.
- Freindly staff
- I love cleanliness and that seemed a priority here
- 7-9pm happy hour BOGO
- Food! Loved the breakfast buffet and the service in the restaurant. Our waiter remebered how we liked our coffee the next morning. Indian restaurant is amazing as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nks001
Dear NS001,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your review. At the outset, let me thank you for your encouraging comments about the property and the features you liked. I am pleased that you enjoyed the rooms and particularly the food and service offered by our staff. In our endeavour to serve our guests better we are constantly working on training and development of our staff.

With reference to the Jacuzzi; as you correctly mentioned, heating system will be installed shortly. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences.

We offer a whole lot of recreational activities like Aqua Zorbing, Zumba, Zumba Fitness, Volley Ball, Table Tennis, and Trampoline etc which has recently been launched. We hope you can experience these in your next visit.

We appreciate your thoughts; it is guests like you and your feedback that keeps us motivated to better our services. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Had a wonderful time with my family at Grand Hyatt. The hospitality we got was excellent. Staffs are very polite and helpful. It is located at a placid location, close to the seashore. If you are with kids its a merry time, certainly they will miss the fun once you are back home. Room service & house keeping was good too. They have lovely chicken tikka served during happy hrs. one should never miss it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Baliga82,

Warm greetings and best wishes for 2013 from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your wonderful comments. I am very delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and you were able to have a memorable stay with us.
Comments such as yours are very inspiring and I will definitely share your excellent feedback with my staff.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many excellent Hyatt hotels in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

After an adventurous tour frim Delhi down through India with Intrepid we have firmly ensconced ourselves in the luxury, beauty and hospitality of the gorgeous Grand Hyatt Goa. 5 nights of tranquility and serenity surrounded by sweying palm trees stunning Portuguese inspired architecture and impeccable service. The GM Stephan made us welcome on our first day and we felt assured that this is a Grand Hyatt of the highest standards.
Our garden room overlooks a beautiful banyan tree and the elegant pool area.
The grand Hyatt club offers a lovely tasty array of afternoon canapés and drinks.
We have arrived in heaven Goan style. Tomorrow night is the new years eve party inclusive of our room rate, a black and white party on the lawn facing the Arabian sea.Thank you Grand Hyatt Goa what a super way to usher in the new year!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Nevercominghome,

Season’s greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your wonderful post to the advised trippers on TripAdvisor. It was pleasure to have you with us and I am truly delighted to know that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and we hope you enjoyed the New Years Eve party.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return Grand Hyatt Goa in future.

StefanRadstrom General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bambolim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
#8 of 64 in Candolim
Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel
Novotel Goa Shrem Hotel
#11 of 64 in Candolim

Been to Grand Hyatt Goa? Share your experiences!