Grand Hyatt Goa
$40
$73
$63
Agoda.com
WelcomHeritage Panjim Inn(Panjim)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Breakfast included
Afonso Guest House(Panjim)(Great Value!)
$27
Agoda.com
Hotel Orion Premiere(Panjim)(Great Value!)
$42
The Crown Goa(Panjim)
$65
$62
2,626 results
All reviewsindoor poolthe club loungebay viewprivate beachgreat propertyhuge propertycapiz barmain buildingluxury hotelchulha restaurantbambolim bayroom servicef bspecial mentionindian foodshamana spaguest house
Reviewed February 17, 2012

A new hotel in goa with a lot to improve on. Let me start firstly the hotel is in the middle of no where so if you want the party scene in goa then this is not the Place if your looking for relaxation then this is the place for you or so you think. On getting to the hotel their. Heck in time is 3 pm and they use that to the max even if th room is ready no matter what time you get there so we have to wait for 3 hours to get a room all that a side this hotel focus on weddings more than anything else so worth checking. Store if there are any we had to hear blasting music for 2 days which was really annoying as it ruined the peace of the place. Any how to conclude great property Good rooms. The Internet is horrifically slow and hardly works and charges you per device rip offfffff. The service is extremely slow and if there are weddings on then forget any of your needs. The spa is very limited and rediculouy priced. 5000 for a 60 min foot massage. The food buffet is good and has good variety and of a very high standard. The room service breakfast was one of the worst I've had and served in a tiffin. On the whole a good property lovely beach but be sure what ur looking for and always check for weddings

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Neville81
Reviewed February 15, 2012

i am an artist, i change hotels every day, this is my first time when i write an review but i feel that i need to tell you that this hotel is one of the best in the world!
great room, service , spa !! thanks a lot for all Grand Hyatt GOA !! i will come back for sure !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is a very new and excellent property. Very spacious rooms with private balcony, facing the Bay ! Large lawns and garden space, and huge lobby and walking spaces---rather excessive ! The vegetarian food is reasonably good---but the speciality should be the seafood, which I do not take, being a vegetarian. The service will certainly improve as the occupancy and patronage improves---e.g. there is no thermostat for the air-conditioners in the Board rooms to regulate the temperature to the desired levels !

Room Tip: Take the seafacing rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sundararajan51
Reviewed February 7, 2012

First of all I would like to make a comment on some of the remarks made about this hotel which I do find infuriating.

Mosquitos in your room that can't be killed by mosquito killer? What a load of rubbish and you change to the Leela where stagnant water is in abundance where I must have had around 30 bites because of this and all the restaurants and bars are empty because everyone eats in the cheap beach shacks outside which I must say are fantastic, do me a favor this sounds like someone promoting the Leela which I have stayed in many times and is not 1 hour 30 mins away is 1 hour at best and is just as isolated as the Hyatt.

The pool is only small !
Wow what a understatement this is, it's enormous one of the biggest I have seen and we have stayed in plenty of 5 star hotels around the world.

The pool has no jungle feel!
There are many beautiful preserved banyan trees in the grounds and many other varieties of plant life and even remains of a very old church the grounds are huge, if you want a jungle feel then stay in the jungle along with the Mosquitos .

Food inedible !
Utter rubbish comment sorry

Now I have got that off my chest here are my comments

This is a brand new hotel in a perfect spot 30 - 45 minuets to the crazy north Bagga, Candolim, 15 minuets to Panjim City and 1 hour further south to Cavolosim. I do understand it did have teething problems at the beginning which can happen at any hotel which could upset a lot of people in the early stages but I know now a lot have been resolved.

Second to none, all the staff here are extremely courteous in all the public areas and restaurants and have looked after me and my family very well indeed.

What can I say on this, probably 1 of the best hotels I have eaten in. The Chulla Indian restaurant is fantastic and very well priced eaten there about 6 times and going again tonight. The Dinning room for buffet food, can someone please tell me where you can eat in a 5 star establishment all you can eat main courses only with fresh pizzas of your choice, fresh grilled meats and seafood,Chinese,pastas to your liking and Indian buffet where also they cook your bread to order plus any kebabs for 550 rupees? I don't think so and that's why some of the comments on here are unjustifiable. Also in the dinning room they do Sunday Brunch all you can eat and drink beers wine and champagne for 1950 rupees bargain especially when we went through 6 bottles of moet last week. The Varanda Al A Cart restaurant, eaten here once yes a lot more expensive but excellent food and great steak, belly pork, Prawns , list goes on will eat there again this week. All the restaurants are open cooking so you can see all what is going on and how clean this area is and all the chefs interact with dinners very important and works a treat.

Capiz Bar

Excellent bar great service, ample seating inside and out great views of pool and grounds and now doing happy hour or two buy one get one free love this touch 2 beers for 130 rupees great value.

Pool bar

Nice to sit here and watch the world go by amazing sunset best we have seen, will post pics of this, great cocktails and snacks and again great service.

Pool

Massive and does the job ample sun loungers.

Spar and Gym

Not used it but been in and looks fantastic will use in October when we come back and all facilities are open there

Beach

Yes I do agree with most of the comments on this it isn't the best in the world and the grounds make up for this downfall , as I said above north beaches are 30 mins away but hectic and you do get a lot of pestering there , further south the beeches are lovely and great to go down for a day out and sit outside one of the great beach shacks there, recommend Bettys beach shack in cavolosim. But the beach at the Hyatt is quiet and nice to stroll down in the sunset.

It is very hard to comment on other peoples experiences which could be valid like cupboard doors that are stiff or you got a rash from a towel,
Trip advisor does a great job of letting people highlight even the pettiest points of hotels and people have a right to comment , the noise issues from weddings I can understand but a lot of others

Make my blood boil

Just for your info we are here in Goa for 6 weeks not just a couple of days and will be back here again and again

This is the best hotel in Goa for sure in our opinion followed by these in order of preference which we have stayed in them all , are

Leela
Taj Vivanti Panjim
Marriot Panjim
Park Hyatt
Taj Fort Aguarda

And my final comment well done to all the management and staff at the Grand Hyatt you deserve it.

Regards

Brian UK

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank BrianGreen
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Grand Hyatt and would recommend it to anyone.

I stayed at the hotel for 5 days - partly for work and partly for pleasure and I found the whole experience really fantastic. The landscaping and exterior spaces are great and the pool especially huge and super refreshing especially in the heat of summer.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful hotel with great grand interiors and intimate spaces.
I found the guestrooms to be extremely comfortable, the bathrooms fantastic and love that by lifting the automatic blind the bathroom and bedroom combine to make a large multifunctional open space, the design was modern and really gives a good resort feel which ultimately is what you want when you’re on holiday right?

There were a few Indian weddings on while I was there but unlike other reviews I have read I actually found this very interesting, as it was only my second trips to India it gave me an interesting insight to what an Indian wedding was and what it entailed so I actually found this element quite an interesting experience.

While some people may not consider this to be the typical beach holiday place as the beach is not your typical goan beach this was a really stress-free relaxing break and this was down to the hotel and the staff who were attentive and everything I hoped it would be.
There is also a great beach front to relax and watch the sunset, admittedly it may not be the same as a wide beach in the north of Goa but it was very clean and a fantastic place to relax and listen to the sound of the waves and watch sunset which I did most nights.

I found the staff to be very helpful, friendly and well trained and enjoyed every meal that I had – the food at the hotel was fantastic providing both typically Indian foods which were great to try but also quite western foods which I began to crave after a few days. My favourite restaurant by far was the Veranda restaurant where we had pork belly which was to die for. I have been craving it ever since.

So to conclude I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to India, it was a fantastic place to stay and the staff and General Manager were very attentive and friendly making the whole experience a real treat.

Room Tip: i had a pool view rooms which i thought was fantastic
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo