“Wedding reception May 2014”

Atlantida Fish Tavern
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Geroskipou
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: am Rande von Kato Paphos, unscheinbarer Flachbau mit einfacher Einrichtung, Seeblick, gute preiswerte Fischgerichte, fangfrischer Fisch und Meeresfrüchte
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had my wedding reception at the Atlantida Beach Taverna recently. Food was excellent, plenty of choice of drinks and the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Andros, the owner, was really helpful, very attentive and couldn't do enough to ensure we had everything we wanted to make our evening wonderful. We had 58 in our party inc 15 children. There is plenty of space for the party to spread out, the kids could play easily. We had food at the restaurant, which was under cover so nice and cool in the heat. Later we moved to the beach bar. It's very rustic, relaxed and well suited to bring on the beach. We worried about where people would dance but in the end they danced everywhere! There is a space in front of the bar for dancing, right on the beach! There are sun loungers to relax on as well bar stools and lower seating, so something for everyone. If you are looking for a relaxing, beach themed place for a party, that will suit mixed ages then I would definitely recommend the Atlantida

4  Thank NicAnthony

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding night here in june organised by the wonderful cyprus dream weddings. The whole night was fantastic. We arrived to find it had been decorated beautifully for us. The meal was a bbq menu with meats salads potatoes and pasta. There was so much food I couldnt believe it. I personally could not eat much as I was so overwhelmed by the day but what I did eat was lovely and all the guests enjoyed everything they ate. Nobody had a complaint. It was clean the staff were friendly and after the meal we had the full outside to ourselves for a disco where we dancedvthe night away. I would definatly return on my next visit to cyprus. Many thanks for a wonderful night Atlantida!!

6  Thank mrsfleming
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have previously decided to visit this place because it was near us and we couldn't go to Latchi or Peyia for good fish.
The atmosphere was fine but we weren't too impressed with the food or service. The waiters/stuff didn't seem delighted to see us and we had to tell somebody to clean the table before we had a seat since it was dirty.
We have ordered 2 kinds of fish and shrimps, calamari and octopus with chips and some appetizers.
The appetizers, chips and red mullet were good but the seafood texture and taste was below average. The texture was like ribber (especially the octopus) and it seemed that the shrimps and octopus were under-boiled and sprinkled with some oil to add a bit of a taste which was blunt.
I've tried much better fish restaurants elsewhere and I don't think I will visit this place again.

3  Thank marinaa552
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have visited the tavern with some family members previously. We decided to go there because it was the nearest fish tavern from our place.
Anyway, the service was average and the food was slightly below average and didn't not meet our expectations.
The fish was good but the seafood sides (calamari/squid, shrimps,octopus) lacked the proper taste and texture. The texture was like rubber (especially the octopus which was hard to chew) and the taste was blunt-it seems they have under-boiled the shrimps and octopus and added a sprinkle of oil to add a bit of taste.
The only good dishes were the sides (tahini and fish roe salad), chips and red mullet but I had tried better.

Regarding the service, it wasn't terrible but the waiters didn't seem delighted to see us and we had to ask for the table to be cleaned first before we had a seat.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were looking for a fish mezie and acted on a recommendation.
Fish soup for starters, bowl of fish stock and some pieces of fish, shellfish and veg stirred into it. Very bland, required a good seasoning
Fish mezie for 3 persons, price 24£ This is usually priced for 2 persons in most restaurants. 10 dishes mostly frozen shellfish all deep fried. Very little eating, not more than a very small portion each ie 1 prawn or 1 mussel. A plate of fries which appeared to be for the 4 of us at the table.
My wife not being a fan of seafood opted for steak, however the steak was finished (20:00 on a Friday evening) she choose the grilled chicken breast which was very simply done. 1 chicken breast butterflied and grilled, Going by the lack of extra salad or fries it appeared that she was to supplement her chicken dish from the same side plates as the rest of us.

Food was poor quality
The wine was very pleasant from the Taverna owner's village Foto Pannis.

Cost Mezie 72£ not including the soup.
Total cost 120£