We stayed here for two nights at the end of September 2008 to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary. We were looking for a touch of luxury, and this five star hotel provided it. Our deluxe bedroom was spacious, clean and comfortable, with complimentary bottled water and a decanter of port. The bathroom was of good size and well lit. Room service was prompt and efficient. On arrival we took afternoon tea in the lounge. It was served on fine china and solid silverware. A pianist provided background music on the grand piano. At almost £40 for the two of us it may appear extravagant, but this is the luxury we were seeking, and we were not disappointed. Our first night evening meal was in the Calverley restaurant (previously called the Bronte) which had just opened after extensive refurbishment. The meal was excellent, and the service matched it. The hotel furnishings are of a high standard, along with the decor. The bar prices however are frightening, and many guests who fancied a few drinks were taking the stroll down the road to the pub in Oulton where the prices are more agreeable. It doesn't appear to make good business sense for the hotel to charge such prices and effectively encourage their guests to drink elsewhere, but we have found that applies to a lot of four and five star establishments.The hotel is set in magnificent grounds with an adjoining golf course. There was still some refurbishment taking place when we were there, but it didn't affect our stay. We found the staff friendly, polite and courteous. The hotel is within driving distance to the city of Leeds, and a visit to the historic spa town of Harrogate whilst there will not disappoint. This hotel came up to our expectations in every respect, but of course, at a price. But well worth it for a special occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire