Just returned from Oulton Hall which is set in lovely grounds.The good points are the staff who were very helpful.. especially the concierge who was excellent. The pool and spar were also worth a visit. We did experience some issues however. When we arrived the rooms were very hot but the air conditioning was not wired in and no controls to switch it on. The staff provided us with a fan.We ate in the main restaurant on the Monday night but thought the food was sub standard ie. the steak although well cooked was poor quality. Wine menu expensive and obscure. Next night we ate in the claret jug ..absolute disaster! We waited for 1 hour after ordering our food.The place was empty!When the food arrived it was very poor. The prawn cocktail was defrosted and tasteless.The goat cheese tartlet had a chilled crust with a hot filling added. I left most of it. After complaining to the manager the next course came promptly and was ok but really, no better than your average pub meal. By this time it was 11-0pm and the children over tired an past their bedtime. Reflecting on the two day stay we felt the management at the hotel were not focussing on the detail enough and there were too many young inexperienced people serving on the front line? It was shame really because the hotel does have the potential to very good but more focus is needed on improving food quality and customer service .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire