My daughter and I were at a wedding at Oulton Hall and stayed on the Friday and Saturday evening.... The communal areas of this hotel are just beautiful... especially the champagne bar and rooms leading to and from it. The views of the golf course and beyond are superb.
We paid for a de luxe room, however, upon checking in we were told that de luxe room didn't have sky TV or views or choice of tea and that it might be a good idea to up grade to the next level and receive all the aforementioned at an extra cost of £20.00 per night, which we did. However, the choice of tea was limited and the view was of a roof. The room had been recently refurbished but the wardrobe space was limited, over all the room was fine, but i complained about the lack of tea choice and view and was given a discount of £20.00.
Staff were friendly and the food in the champagne bar was lovely as i had a club sandwich which was more than enough and my daughter had a burger, again she enjoyed her meal. Our friends who had eaten in the restaurant said that their meal was lovely. Wedding venue at the other side of the hotel was versatile and lovely and the wedding breakfast was very good too.
We would have loved to have spent a bit more time here to visit the spa facilities and enjoy the surrounding countryside. I would definitely go back as its very comfortable and has a lovely and slightly grand feel to the main areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire