We have just returning form a short 2 night mini break with our four year old son, from the stunning oulton hall. Overall we had a wonderful time.
You can not help but to be impressed by the building and the decor as your enter, its very oppulant and tastefully done, without being stuffy or pretentious. Travelling with a little one we were concious of us not wanting to spoil the ambience the hotel provides for guests wanting a true get away. We had tea in the drawing room which was lovely and our little one was given a activity pack to keep him entertained, the staff we perfect and struck the balance between professional and approachable/ friendly.
The hotel decor is very good, tastefull and luxurious. Our chambre unique room was spacious and very comfortable.a couple of niggles in the room, but im sure the hotel will deal with this issue as it has now been brought to there attention. Hot chocolate was a treat for our son. Bose sound wifi sound a treat for me!!.
we were eager to get to the pool, and we were not dissapointed, it is lovely. Obviously the hotel have to strike the balance between spa breaks and offering facilities for children especially in the school holidays. I think they get this right with the time that children are able to use the pool from 10- 7. The pool is very nice and the steam and sauna again done to a very high standard.
The proximity to leeds center is a big bonus too, and we enjoyed access to all that leeds has to offer families. We vey much enjoyed our stay the staff made us feel very welcome, and we would like to return again, perhaps with friends and family, who we are sure would be equally as impressed. We will keep our eyes open for deals as this will certainly help to entice us back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire