I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights after finding an offer to good to miss. We were given room 121 which was fine but maybe needed a little TLC in the bathroom - but it is an old building so it wasn't going to be like brand new. When we first went into the room we could hear a fan outside and once we got to bed the noise became intolerable and we couldn't sleep. I rang reception and was very impressed with the way the matter was dealt with. We were immediately transferred to another room on the second floor which was slightly bigger and better with separate shower. Throughout the stay the staff were excellent and they are a big asset to the hotel. We only had breakfasts at the hotel - again they were excellent,all in all I thought the hotel was very good and would go and stay again without any hesitation. Only one point I would make is that the tea tray with kettle is in a cupboard which is very low. Not nice having to get on your hands and knees to get to it and I would say that it is very difficult for those that have mobility problems, the tray was also screwed down so couldn't be lifted out to a more manageable height - just a small point really but worth mentioning. As we were only there for 2 days we never got to see never mind use the Spa - mmm.. will have to book to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire