“Brilliant 30th family celebration”
Review of Oulton Hall & Spa

Oulton Hall & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oulton
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed at hotel with my family and got escorted to reception with some very helpful men who opened doors for us.The rooms were really nice size and clean with tea and coffee's. The evening meal was very tasty and good service,we eat in bar bit walking distance from hotel because was more suitable for children.The leisure facilities were very nice and enjoyed swimming in pool and using the sauna.i would re visit the hotel again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Returned from an overnight stay with three other ladies ageing between 30-70,and we all loved the hotel.
The staff were helpful,friendly and very good at their jobs(especially in the restaurant)
Our stay included a three course evening meal,which was enjoyed by everybody.
The decor in the hotel was lovely,beds comfortable,beautiful grounds and the leisure facilities were very clean.
We had a broken tap in one of our rooms,which disrupted evening showers,however we were offered a room change immediately and shortly after a chilled bottle of wine was delivered as an apology.
My only criticism of our stay would be my massage.It was included in our package and sold with a treatment time of 25 minutes.My massage lasted 14 minutes.I complained at the spa reception and they agreed that I had returned early and offered me another massage,which did last 25 minutes and was brilliant.
My tip if using the spa is to take a pair of flip flops as we were only given a robe and told that slippers were only given out at a cost of £2.00.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently attended a wedding breakfast at Oulton Hall and stayed for two nights. The rooms were good sized with adequate hanging space but lacked drawer storage. The food, both at breakfast and dinner, was adequate if not inspiring but, as usual at many UK hotels, the wine was very expensive. Having said that the wedding breakfast food was excellent and the service was extremely good.
The swimming pool was very good as were the steam and sauna rooms but the changing rooms appeared slightly tired.
Unfortunately, due to the adverse weather, we were unable to play golf but the course setting appeared attractive.
The hotel is very close to the M1/A1/M62 and is very well placed for conferences and meetings. Overall a very pleasant stay despite the snow!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Fabulous decor/surroundings. Disappointed with their taxi services, we were promised we would be able to get a return taxi from city centre as a priority if we said it was to Oulten Hall but the firm they recommended did not care where we were staying & wouldn't allow us to book return taxis as promised by the hotel so we had to flag a taxi in the road, not ideal! Breakfast was superb. Unfortunately On my way to check out i was stuck in the lift for twenty mins as the alarm buttons either did not work or reception were too busy to acknowledge our calls as we were informed by a unhelpful staff member who was offering me a glass of water when we finally escaped, I politely declined. It was only our banging & shouting alerting other guests that got us help. To top this off our lift fiasco meant I was half an hour late for a spa treatment so was told I couldn't have my full massage treatment due to time despite me informing them of my awful lift experience! My half a massage was lovely but their distinct lack of regard for what had just happened & the fact staff didn't really bat an eyelid at the fact we were trapped left me distinctly unimpressed! Maybe this happens often so they feel no need to panic? This was not how I felt however & when you are at such an alleged prestigious hotel you do expect more so was left deflated by my experience! I thank god for the unfortunate other male guest we were stuck with as he managed to keep us as calm as possible, thank you Graham!

Room Tip: Don't use the lifts take the stairs!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank KateCoop
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here a few weeks back for two nights. The staff we encountered were very pleasant and especially fanastic in the Claret Jug (we ate there for the two nights). However, the room was a different matter. It was very tired, bathroom was the worst. The bath was scratched and not very clean. Water ran cold in the middle of having a shower. I did ask to pay to upgrade but was told that there were no rooms available. We stayed on a deal which included a bottle of wine (which we still did not get even after asking). We have stayed in many Devere Hotels and have never stayed in a room like this one, can only assume that these are the rooms they give to people on deals.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Paid £59 a head for a Private Butlers Dinner on Sunday and 3 of us ordered venison but hardy ate it. The venison was presented in the form of 2 of the biggest and most unappetising pieces of meat I have ever been served and certainly was not the " Haute Cuisine " promised in the brochure. I would have expected that an Executive Chef would have wanted to ask why such a large " doggy bag " had been left over from a private dinner for only 7 people.

To add insult to injury our guests didn't receive the promised chefs canapés and glass of champagne, which is listed on the Butlers Experience part of the brochure.

We received a 50% reduction on the cost of the suite but that was because the air conditioning wasn't working and the room was unbearably hot.

The Butlers were outstanding and made our wedding day as perfect as they could but quality of food is too important to us to want to eat there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sally337
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Lovely place good quality service and bedroom,pool area very nice clean.food good but not large portions,not feeling to well so apitite not big so okay.We would come again but eat out locally and just stay B&B.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DougCarsington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oulton
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
The Queens - Leeds
The Queens - Leeds
#12 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Oulton Hall & Spa? Share your experiences!