Oulton Hall & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$47
$84
Travelodge Leeds Colton(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$75
$69
$106
$91
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$68
PremierInn.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
$59
  • Breakfast included
2,810 results
All reviewschampagne bargolf breakafternoon teaq hotelsevening mealmain restaurantdrawing roompublic roomsgolf clubhousesteam roomhotel is beautifulleisure facilitiesleisure clubbirthday treatrelaxing breakbuffet stylean overnight stay
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here a few months ago and it was terrible. Give them their dues though they offered us another free night to show us that they could get it right. They needn't have bothered it was once again terrible. The food was expensive and sub standard, I am no chef but cook better at home. I chose the three pork dish. Unfortunately the chef forgot to put the meat in one of them and I got a ball of just fat. Disgusting. My wife ordered the steak with pepper sauce. The sauce was a joke and they charged extra for some cold chips. We sent the chips back and they brought a portion of frozen chips in replacement. Ridiculous. The breakfast was no better swimming in grease and cold.

My advice either stay at home or stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GandaEngland
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My girlfriend, and I stayed for one night in January 2013. We were recommended by a friend who had been to a wedding at the hotel and we were not disappointed. We stayed on a 2 course dinner, bed and breakfast for £99 (with a £20 extra charge for it being a saturday night) The surroundings were impressive and the reception, spa (very crowded), champagne bar and lounges were all beautifully decorated. The room did not quite follow suit, it was perfectly acceptable, however the bathroom especially was a bit basic. Our evening meal in the calvery grill was delicious and the service was faultless. Breakfast was also very good, there was lost of variety and everything was delicious. We checked out at 11 and were then allowed to use the gym and spa until 4. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed out stay and wouldn't hesitate to return. The only thing that let the experience down was the company of my girlfriend and lunch in the golf clubhouse restaurant. Food was overpriced for what was served.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend on a belated Xmas do.Checked in and we were greeted by a very friendly and efficient receptionist.It all went down hill from here.We went up to our room and all I can say Is we were extremely dissapointed.the room was poky and unclean.The view was the worst thing all we could see were bins I will attach a photo.
We went down to the Claret Jug for a drink.the bar was extremely dark and at the bar were a gang of obvious locals who acted like they owned the place.After waiting a while we were served very politely by The manager (I think)£11.10for a pint of lager and a glass of wine!!I do know that generally it is expensive in hotels,but still!!We then sat down at a bench table where there was no lighting and the table has obviously not been wiped for days.I was quite hungry so tried to order some crisps,to be told they had no crisps or nuts!I was offered a bowl of chips..the answer was no,i dread to think of the price i don't understand how a bar can have no snacks!
When we returned to our room to get ready the shower was absolutely freezing!When we went down to dinner we discovered we were not the only ones.I think this is appalling for this type of hotel.
the dinner its self was not bad,I'm vegetarian and my ready meal Quorn cottage pie was pleasant,However I understand from my carnivore friends the chicken was dry.
Bar service good,but again the prices are just ridiculous.
Retired to bed and had a decent nights sleep.As this was supposed to be a treat we opted for breakfast in bed.This was delivered much earlier than the requested time and was clap cold.I ordered pineapple juice,which came and was actually pineapple and coconut.disgusting.
We then checked out,and were dealt with swiftly and politely.
This was a treat for my fiancée and I ,we got the room at a reduced rate of £80,but still this is an awful lot of money for what was not a nice experience.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank WakefieldAnnie
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked this hotel with my girlfriend so we could enjoy a nice getaway; as a long-standing customer of De Vere for both business and leisure and although I had not stayed at Oulton Hall before, I had no hesitation in booking a stay at this De-Vere resort, having enjoyed numerous enjoyable stays in other De-Vere hotels over the years.

I booked a one night stay on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis at a cost of £230, for Saturday 6th October.

Upon arriving at the hotel you are presented with a beautiful old fashioned country house, a beautiful golf course and lovely views of West Yorkshire. The reception area is opulent, as is the rest of the reception-level rooms such as the main hall and 'tea room'. First impressions were good....

Our room was 342. Upon going to the room (342) after check-in, regretfully we were presented A dirty and disheveled room (dirty carpets, ripped bed linen with mold stains) and the bathroom was in an appalling condition with part of one of the sink taps missing, the bath was mouldy and had heavy staining and paint peel. The bedroom furniture was damaged and in a poor condition and covered in a layer of dust.

The website marketing blurb described them as “luxurious” (“Magnificent rooms custom made beds that are the very height of comfort, and sumptuous Egyptian cotton bed linens and duvets”).

Upon raising this issue to reception I was offered an alternative room, which was provided (347). My partner and myself inspected the alternative room and regretfully the alternative room was of a lesser standard than the first (342), with a distinct damp, musty smell.

Having discussed this with the housekeeper (whom was very helpful) we were advised that the hotel was aware of this issue and the smell was as a result a water/fluid leak - Brilliant!!!!

We had no option but to remain in room 342 and rubbing more salt into this particular wound, I saw some of the refurbished rooms (which were lovely) lay empty, which the reception did not offer us. Nor did they in fact attempt any sort of resolution at all. Disgusting - I encourage you to look at other reviews on here and check the room numbers.

After this debacle, which put a negative on the stay for me, we visited the driving range. Fantastic facilities, great NIKE pro-shop, well kept driving range. I didn't play the course itself but was told by other golfers it was of a high standard.

We dined in The Claret Jug restaurant, which forms part of the golf club house. Our meal in there was fantastic and offered very good value for money. It offered an a-la-carte fixed menu, along with a more relaxed and informal menu. Excellent.

After our evening meal, we visited the cocktail bar. I can honestly say that this cocktail bar is world class.

It is staffed by 4-5 extremely professional barmen whom speak very knowledgeably about the drinks, their ingredients and country of origin. Their range of drinks is massive, ingredients are fantastic and they were all very friendly and charismatic - This is not your average cocktail bar and as you can probably tell I was in love with the place! Expensive yes, but special nonetheless!

However, 'the bar and restaurant does not maketh the hotel' and unfortunately, we had to go back to THAT ROOM!!!!!

Breakfast was ok, well cooked, varied and plentiful. Just note that the queues are BIG. If like me, you go to relax, this will annoy you! Especially if you've just slept in a grotty room.
This is a golf resort, with lots of hungry golfers! Don't be surprised if you are stood in a queue for 10 minutes.

My total bill for the one night stay was a little under £300; expensive for what was a one-night stay. Upon checking out, the receptionist asked me how my stay was. I politely told her that it was poor and the room was abysmal for the price paid......I was met by an expressionless look and "Oh, sorry to hear that".......I did doubt her sincerity a little; given that the "Oh,sorry to hear that" was the full extent of her customer service and complaint management skills.
At the very least I would have expected her to raise this to the attention of her managers. I also left comments on both the invoice and feedback card.

I received no contact at all.

This debacle culminated in a letter of complaint being written to the hotel GM (Mr Sean Boyce). I requested a refund of £155 for the cost of the room and was given it, along with the usual platitudes. It was a shame the hotel did not react to my initial complaints.

Will I visit this place again? No chance. How can a hotel and one of the biggest hotel and leisure groups in the world get the most fundamental thing so badly wrong, that being to provide the customer with a CLEAN and TIDY room at an appropriate price.

The way my issues were dealt with was terrible. The un-refurbished rooms were poor and the price being charged was disgraceful. It is for Oulton Hall to get its price point right, and if they are sticking people in a lesser standard room for the SAME PRICE then they should be ashamed. More fool the people who don't complain though, but I can honestly say a budget chain hotel offered a greater level of cleanliness and upkeep.

If you are going to book this hotel, sincerely, please ensure you understand the room you are getting. Specifically ask for a refurbished room, and if anything is not to your liking raise this and request some resolution, as in the case of my stay, they were anything but proactive.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms which have not been refurbished, particularly 342 and 347.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MattfromBolton
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed overnight in jan 2013. I have stayed at this hotel on business many times in the past but not for a year or two. The welcome is very good, the rooms are of a decent standard with all the amenities you need. That said as a single woman I choose to eat in the room and that was a let down. It was hard to make myself understood to the room service order taker. The food was over an hour late and of average quality. You are paying for more than average. I will stay here gin but eat out in future. The free parking is the main reason I choose this hotel but I can find comparative quality in the centre of the city at less cost.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business