The weekend away was a surprise gift for Christmas and what a fantastic surprise it turned out to be.
The hotel was really easy to find and we were very well looked after the moment we arrived by Ian who took our keys and luggage, we were promptly allocated our room by the smiley friendly reception staff and within a matter or minutes Ian was delivering our luggage to the door of our room.
The room was wonderful with a huge and most comfortable bed, lovely fluffy pillows, a lovely seating area with beautifully upholstered wing backed chairs and lovely matching furniture. On the table was a bottle of sparkling wine which was welcome after our journey. The bedding in the rooms was more than ample, so warm !!! Extra blankets were in the wardrobe if required along with fluffy dressing gowns.
The bathroom was spacious and although I felt the shower fittings and taps were generally in need of replacement the hot water was plentiful and the shower was powerful. The mirror was also a god send with an anti-mist centre to it which was great.
The whole hotel was lovely and warm and decorated in a luxurious manner with the Roman Emperors keeping watch over ones movements on the huge staircase which is a main feature with its huge galleried landing area.
After a fantastic nights sleep the breakfast was super and the service was prompt with a decent range of cereals and yoghurts, the fresh whole fruit on offer was a little limited I have to say but the preserved fruits were plentiful. Hot food was served fresh and with a self service counter one could return for more if required. I actually had smoked Salmon which was the perfect start to my day.
The location of the Hotel is ideal for visiting the so many things to do and see in the area. We ate our evening meals out as we always seemed to be somewhere knew at that point. York is an absolute must.
The staff in the hotel were extremely friendly across all areas. They conducted themselves in a quiet, professional, polite and courteous manner at all times and nothing was too much trouble for any of them.
We had afternoon tea in the library which is a must !!! Drinks in the evening in the lounge were most relaxing with a splendid mix of different seating arrangements. For the connoisseur the Whisky collection is second to none.
We used the pool, jacuzzi, steam room and Sauna facilites which were clean and well kept. The changing room I found a little chilly to be honest but the pool was lovely and warm and the Jacuzzi even warmer ! Hot showers were welcome with nice big fluffy towels again. The chill out relaxation room was gorgeous and a really easy place to doze away your time after a busy day sightseeing.
The hotel was ofcourse decorated for the festive season when we were there and the huge tree in the lounge was a site to see from the balcony overlooking the area.
I recommend a stay at the Oulton Hall Hotel to anyone seeking a warm and friendly hotel, with or without their young families. Everyone it would seem is catered for, yet all was so very quiet and relaxing. Another wonderful Devere Location.
It will remain one of my favourites due to how well we were looked after and I really can't wait to return again and am already checking my diary for the next visit !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire