We stayed on an offer for dinner, wine, bed and breakfast plus a round of golf. We found this to be excellent value. The hotel is beautiful, however the rooms probably do need a re-vamp, but still nice and clean - they don't quite live up to the luxury of the rest of the hotel, and I would have expected bigger beds. We ate in The Claret Jug and the food and service was lovely. The breakfast the following morning in the main restaurant was AMAZING! So much choice - cereals, pastries, fruits, full english, juices - everything you could wish for. Me and a friend used the spa facilities and had a treatment whilst our other halves played golf. The spa area was lovely, quite busy but you could still swim and make use of the facilities. The staff in the spa were very helpful and friendly. The following day we went shopping into Leeds which is very close-by. The location of this hotel is really good. All in all we had a fantastic weekend, and will definitely be staying here again in the future.
The negative points of the hotel were:
a) we booked a golf buggy for my boyfriend who had an operation on his knee a few years ago, when they went to play golf they were told that the buggies weren't available til April and he had left his electric trolley at home, which meant he had to carry his clubs around - we shouldn't have been allowed to book buggies if they weren't available
b) at the time of booking we'd asked for the wine we got with our deal to be served in the restaurant rather than the room and was told this was ok and it was put on our confirmation. A bottle of wine appeared in our room so I queried with reception who told me we could not have the wine in the restaurant, however when I showed them our confirmation email that said we could have wine in the restaurant they obliged. Apart from the one receptionist who was awkward, the rest of the staff were fantastic and very helpful.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and other than the nit-picking points mentioned above, we couldn't have wished for a better stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire