3 Martini Beach Bar Restaurant and Apartments
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crab Hill
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Its a bit out of the way, but has a beautiful quiet beach right on its doorstep. I think we were well off season so was very quiet, and only a few locals at the bar. We had a nice balcony were we drank and watched the sunset. Only stayed one night, but enjoyed it. I hate to say it, but there were a few cockroaches about the room, so I gave the cleanliness a two, but I suppose this is the Caribbean. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank QwertyJohn
There are newer reviews for 3 Martini Beach Bar Restaurant and Apartments

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Good time, very friendly staff, good martinis, great place to sit and watch Florida folks walk by.Dont go if expecting "cheap" drinks but atmosphere and staff well worth it . especially if you like James Bond! Room are available also, the best location right in middle of town.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Anesthesiatim
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at 3 Martini for two nights. My room (room 3 on the ground floor) was enormous. There's no AC, but the temperature was comfortable at night. And the best part about the room was falling asleep listening to the waves come into the shore, as the hotel is literally just across the road from the beach. If you're the fluffy pillow, mini bar, in-room TV type, this is not the place for you. But if you want somewhere with a local vibe and lots of character instead of a cookie cutter resort, 3 Martini is a good choice.

The food was excellent. I ate at the hotel both nights. I'm pescatarian (vegetarian + fish) so Diane prepared food that worked for me, and it was very tasty! Diane and Godfrey are great hosts. They have both lived in various places and done lots of things, and are interesting to talk to - which I did both evenings I was there. Diane was also very helpful in giving me a decent map (unlike the useless one I got from Avis) and advice on my proposed itinerary for the day I toured around much of the island.

Crab Hill is a good location - esp if you want to avoid staying in St. John's (who wouldn't?) and the more touristy parts in English Harbour. I had a rental car, and was within easy driving distance of all the main tourist sights.

So I'm glad I picked 3 Martini and would stay here again if I go back to Antigua.

Room Tip: Room 3 is on the ground floor and very large with twin beds.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank ElizabethJK
Reviewed January 16, 2014

A lot of reviews talk about how sparse the accommodations are at 3 Martini but we found our room to be spacious and clean with a beautiful view of the ocean just steps from the beach. The price was fair and cheaper than the "nicer" resorts around town, the owner Geoffrey was super cool. My only real suggestion to 3 Martini is they buy some wifi extenders so it reaches the rooms better but it works great at the bar restaurant. We didn't eat there, OJs is right down the road 100m and there are many other resorts on Turners to walk to. If you're looking for something off the resort circuit with tons of charm, killer views and super close to the beach I'd look no further.

Room Tip: #4 and #6 are the upstairs corner units you're looking for.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The 3 Martini has a nice sunset view, but there are also things to complain about:

- Old building, paint crumples down everywhere
- Furnished balcony as mentioned on booking.com = two old plastic chairs
- The lounge, mentioned on booking.com, I didn't find
- Wifi only in the restaurant
- I never saw anybody eating in the restaurant nor did I smell food at anytime
- Security lock at door didn't close
- Sliding door to the balcony didn't close. A wooden stick was provided to jam between the wall and the door in order to close it
- As mentioned on the Homepage no AC
- Kitchen consisted of an old sink and two plastic cups only
- Rubbish under the sink
- Empty plastic bags in one of the the kitchen drawers
- Two drawers glued with paint and didn't open
- Holes in the mosquito nets at the windows

Even using a lot of "No Bite" I couldn't sleep well because of the mosquitos coming through the holes (window) and cleaves (sliding door). Altogether a poor value for the money, but a nice view (only for that two stars instead of one).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AdrianDuque
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Lovely place, and we had a wonderful host, Geoffrey! Your are a wonderful story teller.... I had a beautiful view from my room, the sound of the water (ocean) from my room was simply therapeutic!
However the hotel needs a bit of refurbishment and face lift..., the breakfast menu also ought to have a variety.
All in all Antigua is really a beautiful place, I would defiantly recommend 3 Martini to anyone visiting the island. It has lots of warm and friendly people.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 614margaretk
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had a wonderful time in Antigua and stayed at 3 Martini for 2 weeks. The location of this apartment is beautiful with the ocean across the road enabling you to hear the crashing of the waves at night. Pure bliss. Godfrey the host is a lovely man and accomodating. 3 Martini apartments are close to restaurants and you can get a local bus that comes frequently to take you into town. The only complaint I have is that the accomodation is in need of desperate updating and it is for this reason why I am rating the property as 'average'. Other than this, 3 Martini apartments provides a breathtaking view of the sea and great sunsets which is truly enchanting.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
#9 of 16 in St. John's
Cocobay Resort
Cocobay Resort
#1 of 3 in Bolans

Been to 3 Martini Beach Bar Restaurant and Apartments? Share your experiences!