“Excellent value”

Premier Inn Luton South (M1, J9) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flamstead
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here the night before flying out from Luton.

We had a very warm welcome from the receptionist on arrival and were allocated two key cards in case one of us wanted to go out. Very handy!

The room was spacious and totally spotless. Plenty of power points and a TV.

The bed was lovely and firm and very warm for a good nights sleep.

Shower had plentiful hot water and like the room was spotlessly clean.

We didn't intend having breakfast the next morning but ended up doing so and for £5.25 wasn't bad value for money at all.

The saver rate for the room was £29 and for what we had this was an excellent price.

a 15 minute drive on check out had us in the long stay car park in Luton, so ideal stopover for flights.

We usually tend to stay at Travelodge but after this first visit to a Premier Inn, they will now be the 1st choice as it makes Travelodge look like a very poor relation at the same price point.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ollossm
Stefanie F, Manager at Premier Inn Luton South (M1, J9) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

It was lovely to hear your feedback in regards to the warm welcome you received at Premier Inn M1J9 and all your comments will be passed back to the team. Thank you for taking the time to write the review, and we all sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean, comfortable and modern and so represented excellent value as I've come to realise from premier inn

The Luton one should be commended for the excellent service we received from the day and night people on the front desk. They were wonderful

We had 5 young children between myself and sister in law and they couldn't have done enough.

The only recommendation I could make would be for someone else to be serving at breakfast time as it was very busy and was difficult for the girl to deal with the customers and refill everything

Nevertheless, highly recommended

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sandra G
Stefanie F, Manager at Premier Inn Luton South (M1, J9) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

I am absolutely delighted that you had a brilliant stay at M1J9 and I will certainly feed back your comments in regards to the excellent customer service that you received to the team members. We all very much look forward to welcoming you here again.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in a family room at the end of October. All staff were helpful and friendly. The room was clean and tidy and perfectly big enough for a family of four. We had breakfast on both mornings which was faultless, nothing was too much trouble. Would not hesitate in recommending this Premier Inn and would most certainly stay here again.

1  Thank Themeparkhater

Thank you for taking time in writing about your experience at M1J9. I am delighted that you and your family had a great stay with us and took advantage of the Premier Breakfast cooked by our excellent chef! I sincerely hope that you will recommend Premier Inn to your friends and family and we all hope that you will come back and visit us again very soon where you can be assured of a warm welcome!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I, and our two young children stayed at this hotel for one night on 18/10/2013 before our early morning flight the next day from Luton airport. The hotel room was spotless and typically Premier Inn! But the reason for writing this review is to commend the two receptionists and their excellent customer service. I have stayed at numerous hotels in many countries and I cannot remember a hotel receptionist more polite and welcoming than Stefanie. She made us feel extremely welcomed. Then there was Paul, the overnight receptionist who was more than helpful when we went down and had our 'Grab and Go' breakfast at the hotel restaurant at 4.45 in the morning! He made sure the oven-hot croissants were ready for us, and offered yogurt and fruit juices for the children. Sometimes it is the little gestures that you appreciate the most and will remember for a long time. Thank you Stefanie and Paul!
Budiman, Malaysia

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Be careful if you book here and have to cancel due to illness, we tried to call premier inn but after 3-4 attempts and over an hour waiting on hold to a premium rate number I tried e mailing, after 2 failed attempts to guest relations I emailed head office. A lady left a message for me to call her back so I did. I was told I could not get a refund cos we booked a saver room and that their system couldn't allocate one. I was disgusted by their shoddy poor customer service and won't use em again.

2  Thank Dave R
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Luton South (M1, J9) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I do apologise for any disappointment caused as a result of our Saver Rate booking policy. At we offer a Flexible rate (cancellations and amendments up until 1pm on the day of arrival without charge) & a Non Flexible Premier Saver rate (No cancellations, amendments or refunds can be made).We appreciate that no one books a hotel room with the expectation to cancel or amend, however we're only able to offer these discounted rooms by adhering to strict booking terms. We do try and ensure that this is as clear as possible throughout the booking process and this is why we ask customers to accept these terms & conditions stating that you will not be able to cancel or amend the reservation, once confirmed. Please note that any supplement charges for breakfast, meal deals etc will be refunded back to the card that was held on the booking.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to break our journey. The staff were very professional and friendly, especially Karen in the restaurant at breakfast. Our room was clean, well maintained and comfortably warm. We went to the Harvester for dinner. Again the staff were very good, especially Ryan who was our waiter. He was very efficient and never seemed to stand still! We were quite late eating but it didn't affect the level of service we received. Our room was quiet even though we were at the front of the hotel. All in all we had a good stay, and would return if we were in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I spent one night at the Premier Inn Luton South in order to attend a social evening in nearby Harpenden (considerably nearer by than Luton, as it happens!). It is, in fact, some 3.5 miles from Harpenden which was, for me, a short taxi ride.
I chose this hotel above those situated within Harpenden because, even taking the taxi journies into account, it worked out substantially cheaper.
The hotel was exactly as I have come to expect of Premier Inn: clean, comfortable, efficient and conveniently located. The staff were polite and competent. Personally, I had no noise problems.
If you want a charming hotel with a scenic location for a family holiday, this Premier Inn at Junction 9 of the M1 is probably not the place for you. But it is exactly what you need for a short stopover with good travel connections and I would recommend it as such without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Paul R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flamstead
Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St. Albans
Premier Inn St. Albans/Bricket Wood Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Luton South (M1, J9) Hotel? Share your experiences!