Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
$22
Fully refundable before Fri, Apr 26
No fees just great deals
Lol.travel
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I arrived in Phuket some days before the Vegetarian Festival, and I decided to search for a nice room, with windows and free wifi. After walking around and looking all the choices I choose this one. The room are HUGE, ok clean, free wifi, free breakfast, great location and lovely staff. So I payed 3 night in advance and reserved a big room for the cheap price of $399 per night. After 5 days, i went back and my room was in use(that was not so nice since I payed in advance), but I was given another room, the same price but smaller. Not to worry the next day I was moved to the room I reserved. The Wifi connection very fast, towels provided, clean sheets, the toilet could be cleaner, toilet paper&soap, and 2 bottles of cool water. Inside each room is a safe box that you can use it with your own lock.
If you are going to the Vegetarian festival you must stay here! The best part is the parade passes right in front of the hostel, so while I was having breakfast I could watch the whole parade from a comfy spot, sooo good!
The building is quite picturesque, is an old house with big ceilings, with windows and well maintained. The staff was the nicest of all, very friendly and helpful!
oh I was travelling with my cat, and they accept him without problems!

Room tip: look your room before, some rooms are bigger than others.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla_M86
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Our trip was actually in Sept 2009, but the review choices don't allow me to go back this far. So I apologize for the late review.

Anway, we just had a 1-day turnaround on our journey to Phi Phi, so we wanted to find a location that was cheap. Our guidebook recommended the Talang Guest House. The 3 of us spent a total of about $11US, so less than $4 pp, and we agreed that this was a great deal. I have to admit, the rooms are not attractive, but we were okay with it because it had a hot shower and 3 beds (no AC, just overhead fans). The front desk was very friendly/helpful and directed us to a really good restaurant down the street (Wanchai Restaurant), which turned out to be the best meal of the trip and we booked our outing to Phi Phi through them. So, if you're on a budget, this place works just fine.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank enc429
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I am a budget traveler and I love a great deal and the Thalang Guest House is a TREMENDOUS value.

Our room was clean and spacious and the staff was nothing short of excellent.

By excellent, I mean that they totally went over and beyond what I would expect from an inexpensive place like this.

I stayed a few nights and the staff was really helpful in meeting my needs and in helping me with transportation to Malaysia. While I was waiting for my night bus, I was allowed to keep my bags behind the desk all day and was even allowed to shower before my trip. Try this at the Hilton...!

Whenever I bought fruit from the nearby market, they always gave me a plate and knife and even offered to cut my fruit for me.

On one occasion, a guest was heading out to town and it suddenly started to rain heavily. Immediately one of the staff offered her an umbrella so she could continue on her way.

I don't see this kind of service in even upscale hotels much less a budget guesthouse.

You'll meet the friendly staff here and you'll make friends from the many travelers that come through here.

I will definitely come here again and recommend this place to others I meet.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank IrieNomad
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I had a good time here as a old colonial building it had a lot of character.
in a nice street near some nice cheap eats and short walk to the bus station.

not a lot to do in the city, but definatley worth one or two nights.

free breakfast was good.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 21, 2009

This guesthouse got really good reviews in the Rough Guide, and although my edition is from 5 years ago, 5 years has clearly turned this place into a dump! We are only staying one night and we are being picked up from there early tomorrow morning so we can't really change hotels...but we would have based on the service we receied at the front desk alone if the circumstances were different! We were met with very rude staff who quoted the travel agent at the airport 400baht/night, but when we got there it was 410 basic and then an extra 100baht for air con...which whoever spoke to our travel agent said was included. They didn't seem to want to know and didn't care, a friendly smile and an explanation was all it would have taken to keep us sweet.

Then the room, oh my lord the room! The whole place seems to be falling down, it has the air of somewhere that once used to be nice but has fallen into disrepair (probably due to the lack of care from the owners!) The paint is peeling on the walls, parts of the celing are falling down...the mosquito blinds have holes in them and that isn't even the worst part. The sheets are stained and the headboard too (here it looks worryingly like blood!!!) We feel really uncomfortable staying in this place and would advise others to steer well clear!

Despite all this, when we were checking in others were being turned away as they are full!! Please, if you value your health this is not the place for you!

Date of stay: December 2009