“Great diving trip”

Thailand Liveaboards
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Talat Yai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Liveaboards and day trips to the best dive sites in Thailand including Similan and Surin Islands, Richelieu Rock, Phi Phi Islands, Hin Daeng, Hin Muang and Koh Haa. Plus longer trips to the Mergui Archipelago, dive certification courses and snorkeling only trips. Based in Phuket since 2000. Count on us for knowledgeable, up to date information and personal service.
Reviewed March 9, 2018

We went for 4 days and 4 nights with MV Andaman. Everything was great, starting from dive sites and ending on great food provided by the boat crew. 100% recommended.

All reviews
"equipment"
in 4 reviews
"safety"

Reviewed February 25, 2018

I echo the review by Jan777_777 from March 2015. Our trip was 5 days from 13th Feb '18 and am happy to say that the very high standards which are mentioned in this review two years ago are still all true.

Great team lead by Ricardo (skipper and dive-master) and his colleagues Francesco and Guido. I found the following were excellent:
- very strong focus on safety, with detailed briefings tailored for each dive, depending on conditions on that day
- lots of help in suiting up (and down) in addition to usual buddy checks
- we had the very spacious master cabin, which was impeccably cleaned every day, during our pre-breakfast dive!
- really good food, both Thai and Western for each meal. The risk is eating too much!

There were only 9 divers (max 10) on this trip, which was great as we all got to know one another - helped by access to a spacious dining table and chill-out area (and also inexpensive Singha and Chang beers!).

I would happily return to this liveaboard and have already recommended Giamani to several diving friends.

Reviewed February 3, 2018

Paul assisted me in finding a perfectly-timed, appropriately affordable dive trip. All contact was through email, and the response time to my questions was very fast, usually within a few hours. He provided detailed information on the boat and equipment, and provided guidance on dive insurance, etc.

Pick up/drop off at hotel was on time, and boat and cabin, food and equipment - all was as described.

I would use Thailand Liveaboards again, and would recommend them to all divers.

1  Thank toseetolearn
Reviewed November 30, 2017

It's much easier to complain or rave about a dive operation than is to share objectively. This was the first trip into Myanmar for the season, so harsh currents, blown dive plans and fair visibility. There being no fault. If you like authentic, aroy mak or delicious Thai food! I was well feed. If your into coral, this is your place, wow. Above average crew in comparing other local Khao Lak dive operations!!! Good value. $200 extra for USA Myanmar visa and park entry and park person joined the trip. Like how they rescheduled to drop the park person and have one more night. Party night enabled back in Khao Lak early next day. Because of the trip into Myanmar there were 17 dives available. I chose to be conservative and did not do the fifth dive that day, so I got 16 dives. Still a bargain for live aboard, I waited until pansa (rainy season) and paid it in full to get the best exchange rate in the year. Trip itinerary; day one was getting there, no diving. Day 2-4 were four dives days. Day five scheduled five dives. Last dive day was only one dive and shark lagoon. Greater value would be to push the fifth dive on day 5 to the sixth day, that way two dives instead one dive at Shark Largoon. Very nice crew had a great time. Advance divers only.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 22, 2017

I went into this liveaboard experience alone and blindly. I am a single girl that just wants to dive. That being said, being alone can be very lonely or you can meet awesome people. Which is what happened! The staff was amazing, both the diving staff and the Thai crew. Two thumbs up to the Thai crew who knew everything I needed before I even knew I needed it. The food was amazing.. they also had options for vegans/vegetarians (and not lame options either). The dive crew really made you feel at home and they always had cool things to point out underwater. The best part of the trip is the people you meet along the way. I'm now in a private facebook group with the people I met on the liveaboard and we all keep up with each others travels/adventures. Unforgettable experience and totally worth it!!

2  Thank richardsonrachel315