Lowest prices for your stay
$18
$16
Travelocity
$16
Hotels.com$16
Trip.com$18
Tripadvisor$16
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Beautifully restored guest house right in the heart of oldtown Phuket town. Our room, located towards the back was charming, tidy, and filled with natural light from the teeny balcony. The owners were very helpful, giving us maps and explaining the bus routes / good food spots, etc. All in all, we would likely choose to stay here again.

A few nitpicks... The breakfast on offer is a banana, white bread and tea as advertised, only 1 English TV station that I could find within 200 + channels, and the paper thin walls filtered nothing from our neighbors. The beautiful architecture, excellent location and hospitality more than made up for these shortcomings.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This little gem is the most tastefully restored & revamped old shopfront building I have seen in Phuket. It is immaculately clean with beautiful bathrooms & lovely wooden beds. It is run by the most lovely helpful & friendly family. For anyone wishing to avoid all the seaside resorts, this charming place is situated on a lovely street in the heart of oldtown with lots of boutique coffeeshops, restaurants around. I would highly recommend.

Room tip: Rooms at the back with balcony are the best as you also have the sound of trickling water.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank peigsays
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Firstly, the location of this guest house is on one of the really pleasant places in the Old Town. It really gives you a sense of the real old thailand... all the locals shop around here and there are a few backpacker lodges, a few trendy shops and a few eateries, that are real Thai. Try the open air cafe that is up the road, which for some reason seems to have lots of couples having wedding pictures taken, is worth a visit. It is located about ten minutes walk from The Fountain Circle, which is where buses can be caught to all the places to see on the island. The Guest house is very clean, rooms are nicely designed and one does feel a part of Old Phuket staying there. The owners go out of their way to be helpful, with information and advice. Air conditioning works well. Breakfast is a little lacking, but a fab breakfast can be obtained for 125 baht around the corner so fill up on coffee or tea and a slice of toast .I bought yoghurt and fruit and kept them in the fridge and topped up my breakfast. Rooms on the front can be a little noisy, with traffic late at night, but they try to place guests at the back wherever possible. I would recommend staying here.. its at the heart of the old town I would happily stay there again!

Room tip: Go for a rear room, if possible
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank peachynottingham
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Grate helpful owners beautiful house modern shower best of the best.

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great location in Phuket old town, just a walking distance to everywhere we planned to go i.e. Kopi De Phuket restaurant & cafe, Raya Restaurant, Airport bus station, local pharmacy. The guesthouse is a nicely renovated Sino-Portuguese building.

We stayed in a clean AC wooden room with very cute and good design (890 Baht per night) which I especially like the tinted glass decoration which made the room so colourful. Everything in the room is well-positioned, flat-screen TV at the foot edge of the bed for example. The bed is comfortable. The shower is very strong, which is great!. The water feature in the breakfast & kitchen area looks quite nice, the stoves look cute. Free internet works fine but not all the time. I couldn't find the hair dryer in the room but I think I could just ask for one but I didn't.

Quite expensive 500 baht key deposit, but we guess the owners might have had lots of forgetful guests who lost their keys in the past so this is understandable. We didn't have to pay the room deposit though which definitely showed how nice the owners are (remember that the owner lady, which is very kind, told me over the phone booking call that she felt terrible when she took the deposit and the guest couldn't show up so she just stopped the room deposit policy! So nice!)

I Would definitely recommend this place and would go back if I had a chance.

Room tip: Room Tips : 3rd floor rooms are probably the best. More room photos from the guesthouse's facebook page here : http://www.facebook.com/pages/99-Oldtown-Boutique-Guesthouse/126488927427245?sk=photos
Date of stay: April 2012