Review Highlights
You are in for a real treat!

I wish I could give this tour 10 stars! What an awesome experience with Pema as our guide. She is... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
MichielH259
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
via mobile
Delicious!

My fiancé and I went to Phuket in January and booked the old town tour with Pema (we had her to... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Page90
via mobile

All reviews skip breakfast different cultures local history great knowledge curries phuket town food stalls local favorites pema vendors information pace journey stops pena
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

The tour was fantastic, such great value for money. Pema was interesting, engaging, knowledgeable, helpful and fun!

Food was really tasty and so much we didn’t need supper when we got back to our resort.

You also get to walk around the old town which that in itself is great to see.

Our tour ran over so I would not plan anything after so you can experience all the culinary delights Pema has to offer.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

This was one of the best food tours we’ve been on! So much food to eat and take home, as well as learning history about Thailand and Phuket. Highly highly recommend!

Date of experience: March 2019
AChefsTour, Manager at A Chef's Tour (Phuket Town), responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Hi jrose920,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the tour! Yes we do try to weave in a bit of culture and history in between all the eating. And leftovers are a must, got to have something to snack on later on.

Hope to welcome you on another of our tours in future!

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

Tour guide: Pema, she’s a gem!
Food & Beverages; Traditional, new/exciting, Thai Favs and delicious. All food was served almost immediately, hot food hot and cold food cold :)
Location: Easy to drive ourselves from Mai Khao Beach to her written meeting point.
Parking: street parking was open about 2 blocks from meeting point.
Weather: Mid March was in the 90s (°F)
Advice: Take a small towel, hat or sunblock and carry as little as possible.
Activity: Moderate to heavy walking (but totally worth it!)
Facilities: Restrooms available nearly anywhere & she knows which would be best to take you to.
I’m already itching to go back and see Pema again!

Hi Foodieamor!

Thanks for writing such a detailed review! I am sure this will be really useful info for other travellers, and actually some of the things we will look at adding onto the information we send out for future guests.

I hope the rest of your trip was amazing, and we would be very happy to welcome you on another of our food adventures in future!

Reviewed March 23, 2019

Not a half day tour at all! Six hours of sampling local favorites and dives. Pema was so personable and hilarious and spent much of this time telling jokes and even pranking my husband. Her knowledge is comprehensive and as we walked, we got a cultural tour as well. I felt like I learned so much! And we visited so many places I would not have even thought to go into as a passerby. I would recommend this tour to anyone! And we didn't end up eating dinner that night either - too stuffed!

Hi blfarrow,

Amazing to hear you and your husband enjoyed the tour so much! Pema really is great, we are really lucky to work with her. And yes, we do like to weave some culture and history around all the eating and drinking.
As others have mentioned, this really is more like enough food for the entire day!

Hope we see you again on another of our foodie adventures!

Cheers

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

4 of us did the tour with Pena and it was brilliant. The group size of 8 was perfect and Pema had time for everyone. The food was all great local fare. Pema was entertaining for the whole tour and had great knowledge of Phuket Town. The your was due to end after 4 hours but Pema was so happy taking us around she had to call our taxi driver and get him to come later than planned! I would 100% recommend it to anyone to join this tour.

Date of experience: February 2019
AChefsTour, Manager at A Chef's Tour (Phuket Town), responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Hi mrscoops080612,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the tour with Pema! She is really entertaining, we are so lucky to have her!

As you mention, we limit the group size to 8 to keep the experience quite intimate, and I am glad you appreciated that as well :)

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time on the lovely island of Phuket, and we would be very happy to welcome you on another of our tours in future.