“3nights in Beachfront pool”

The Nchantra Pool Suite
Seoul, South Korea
“3nights in Beachfront pool”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was accomodated there since 28th March which was 5person family tour.

In airport pickup driver was little bit late, but his kind service was good as like other staff in Nchantra they were always smile though lack of english.

Good thing in the residence were,

-Absolutely good scenary both rising and ebb tide time from the beachfront villa.
-The private pool was enough space to do swim race
-Baybar restaurant was so fairly located, view from beach chair of Baybar on sunset time was memorable.
-Taste of room service was good especially 1/4 founder, but not many choice of Thai food, those are mainly western.

Bad things were
- First time we arrived, 1st floor door which through privatepool was un-lockable even could not closed, thus we wanted to change room for safety problem and there was no sorry comment at all from the front desk and the engineer who couldn't fix it also.

- The alongside of beach which owned by Enchantra has good scenery and that was all, so many garbages ,such as hazardous broken glass bottle, were skattered , and this was complained by many reviewer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank underlord101
Nchantra, General Manager at The Nchantra Pool Suite, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your review, it really is appreciated. I have discussed with my team and I can only apologize for the problem with the unlocked door and airport transportation. For some team members need for improve in English language, we are addressing this problem and have actually engaged a native English language teacher. Regarding to Thai menu in our restaurant has been revised and added more Thai food menus. The Nchantra is on the east coast of Phuket Island means we have a tidal effect beach, unlike the west coast which is great, but we do have to clean the beach every morning and in the afternoon when the tide is out the first 10 meters of the beach is still always beautiful sand, after that there might be some 'corals-broken shells'. Hope we can welcome you back again one day with a "Warm Thai welcome". Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed here during the second week of Feb 2014 and it was amazing! I thought I was just getting a regular hotel room but when I checked in it was actually a suite! Got my own private terrace above my room.
The beach in front of the hotel is clean and very beautiful. The hotel is very beautiful and If you are looking for solitude, peace, and not many kids running around then this is the place for you! I would definitely stay here again! Staff was great!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jennl211
Nchantra, General Manager at The Nchantra Pool Suite, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are happy you enjoyed your holiday with us at the Nchantra. It 's great to know our team effort are appreciated. I do hope we can welcome you back to the Nchantra Pool Suite Phuket in the near future.
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

First time at the Nchantra and it did not disappoint as it was everything we expected and more.
We booked a private pool suite and it was fantastic, it also comes with a spa. We ate in the restaurant most night's and the food was excellent along with the service.
Only criticisim would be that the menu is limited for western food. Actually my wife disagrees with me as I'm only a meat and potatoes man! There were choices of Western, Asian and Indian food.
Special thanks to Rita at the front desk as she was always very helpful and professional.
If you want a relaxing holiday surrounded by a peaceful location in the lap of luxury then this is for you. The resort is a 40 min taxi to Patong and the nightlife so if u want to be closer to the action, shopping and night life, then this resort isn't for you. It was a great getaway for my wife and I to spend time together amongst beautiful surroundings.
Thank you to the Manager Tony who made us feel most welcome.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nchantra, General Manager at The Nchantra Pool Suite, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your kind review, it was my pleasure to meet you and I along with my team are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Chef is actually working on a menu change right now and will be increasing the ‘Western Options’ for everybody. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the team members mentioned.
Hoping to welcome you one again to our resort, all the very best wishes.
Sincerely Tony H (General Manager)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were travelling with friends for Xmas holidays & booked this hotel in advance (in September for January stay). We chose the location (nice & quiet place, far from tourism mekkas) & nice rooms in description. We also booked transfer service. And were expecting heavenly stay!
As a guarantee we were immediatelly charged 9% from total. Keep this in mond in case of booking through hotel website.
Our adventure started from the fact that we arrived to Phuket airport at 2:15 a.m. & there was no transfer that was supposed to meet us. We spent 30 minutes to call the hotel & talk to night receptionist who could only repeat "madam-madam", but seemed not to understand well the problem. Finally sleepy driver arrived.
We got to the hotel where receptionist tryed to make us doublepay the bill for full stay. 1st impression from the room was strange but we decided to wait till the morning.
In the morning we saw that our "ocean view" in the room 4102 is in reality a view on the stairs of the building in front of us. So we tryed to change the room, but after a talk to a GM & look on other rooms (not the best ones as we found out later) decided to stay in ours.
Then we went to the beach... There was so much garbage that we were shocked! We asked GM to clean it & he said that it is cleaned at 6:30 in the morning. So one of us took gloves, plastic bag & started to make cleaning. Noone from the staff did not help her!
Then we occasionally checked the website & found out the rooms that we booked as "early birds" in September at the rate of 10800 batt could be booked online at the rate of 5667 batt! Which means almost twice less expensive!!!!! So we wrote to GM that we were not ready to overpay. We were told that it was a technical mistake on the website (of course!)) and that we could only be offered a 10% discount from our rate.
The 2nd night we were woken up at 3a.m. by tachnical noise & reception told us about an accident. So non-sleep night.
Day number 3 - from the noise we were moved to another room 4133 which was definitely better, but there was horrible smell in the wc in case the door was closed, we had kitchen but without of knives, forks, spoons (asked for them but never got), in the bathroom there were no hangers (you have nowhere to put towels or bathrobe), no shelves in the shower cabin to put shampoo ect, in the bedroom on the ground floor there were no bedside lamps.
The same day our friends that stayed in 4232 were woken up at night by horrible toilet smell from the bathroom.
Wifi does notwork well everywhere, I had to go outside to the pool (for both rooms).
There are mosquitos but special sprays are not presented in all rooms (they were in 4102, but were not in 4133) , so I spent 2ns sleepless night.
Staff is not smiling (like everywhere else in Asia), they do everything too slowly - housekeeping after you call at 2p.m. (they took away dirtytowels & do not bring clean, do not brinv water or tea), food is brought minimum 30 minutes after the order, 15 minutes for coffee. Most of them do not speak English, so it is difficult to explain what you want.
Finally at the departure only 1 room got discount 10%. GM told us that he will not give discount to our friends couple because they did not write reclamtions while we were!!!
No words. Too many thing you would like to forget about this stay.
Our recommendation - choose another place!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Vera_Tron
Dear Vera, thank you for your review, the feedback and comments are much appreciated. I can assure you that ALL the points you mentioned are being addressed, if I may just say, the reason your friends did not receive a further discount on their room, was not because they did not write a letter of complaint they simply did not complain at all, and as explained at the time, nobody could possibly have booked the lower rate you found on the internet, that rate that was mistakenly displayed and if a guest had of entered details would not have been able to proceed any further.
The fact that you were upgraded to a newly completed villa may be the reason a few items were missing from your kitchen inventory, that’s not an excuse, it should have been 100% fully equipped and has been rectified now. Indeed there was a Wi-Fi weak spot near your pool on the lower floor in your new Villa, the same day you notified about this our engineers ordered and installed an additional router.
The ten percent discount we gave you as well as a Seafood BBQ dinner for four pax, and a complimentary upgrade to one of the newest Grand Villa’s was our attempt to try and ensure you enjoyed your stay with us.
I sincerely apologize once again for the fact my team members were too slow (again we are working on this) and failed to smile for you, and you didn’t get the further 10% discount you expected for your friend’s room.
Sincerely Tony H (General Manager)
Reviewed December 29, 2013

As mentioned a number of times, the resort is away from it all, so do not complain about lack of entertainment, but come prepared to enjoy and relax. We stayed for three nights, which wad just right as we're usually not into holidays on the beach.
Rooms are bright and have their private pools and jacuzzis. Enough space, nice decor. This goes for the hotel as a whole: flowers, plants, trees abound. It's a pleasure just to walk around and enjoy the surroundings.
The staff is absolutely wonderful: friendly and courteous. Some minor issues were dealt with quickly and reliably. Very impressed. They remembered our names and preferences, be it at reception or in the charming restaurant. On my wife's birthday, everyone congratulated her and we were even sent a chocolate cake in the evening. This is real attention to detail which makes you feel at home and which sets this place apart.
The spa and massage are a short ride away, which the hotel also arranges. All in all a very nice and relaxing experience indeed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Nchantra, General Manager at The Nchantra Pool Suite, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, from a seasoned traveler such as yourself it really was rewarding to hear your satisfaction at having chosen ‘The Nchantra Pool Suites’ for your stay here in Phuket. I will certainly pass on your compliments to our team members, which in turn will add to their motivation in our continued drive to exceed our guests’ expectations. The chocolate cake is one of my favorites also, Hope we can welcome you back again one day with a ‘Warm Thai Welcome.’
singapore
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was very disappointed with this choice I made in Phuket.

Pro: The resort setting is great, picture perfect scenery, nice and classy interior decoration & inexpensive.

The proximity of the sea was great, but the beach is full of broken shell and corals, so its quite painful to walk barefooted. The infinity pool is also well designed for a relaxed soaking and simply lapping.

There is a fishing village that provide a very rustic feeling as you stroll along the road.

For 2 families going for holidays, the upper room comes with large enough common area for gathering, cook breakfast and chill out.

Cons:

Secluded - Even I find it far when I had a car, it is far from civilization and many road constrictions along the way for driver. They charge an arm and a leg for every meal (so I skipped everything). 30 min - 45 min to town from the hotel, its too "exclusive" for activity seekers.

The attached pool is really meaningless, unless you have a toddler to dip it into or wants a private skinny dip, otherwise go to the main pool of the hotel.

The wifi is almost non-existent in the room and the hotel staff don't seem to be very experienced (things like kettle, hair dryer etc were forgotten). They also have a nice looking jacuzzi at the balcony for exhibitionist; for the faint-hearted, you will not want to try to show your full glory in full view from the road!

The mosquitoes seemed to be able to find their way into the room, but fret not - the room comes with mosquito spray!

The safe has full function and is rather large, only problem is that it belongs to the ultra-light-extremely-portable model, anyone can steal it easily (together with your stuffs in it).

The TV has about 20 channels - and a full range of latest movies except that you need to call the front office for the DVDs to be delivered to your room.

The pillow - its too thin and too soft, everyone woke up with a stiff neck!

conclusion: I dusted my shirt and will not go back there again.

Room Tip: if you REALLY REALLY have to stay there, choose a villa that is nearest to the sea without any obstr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Nchantra, General Manager at The Nchantra Pool Suite, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear ‘Milokitts’ thank you very much for your review, the fact that your opinion so contradicts that of the majority of our guests is of real importance to us. I would like to address a few of your comments if I may. We are actually 6km from Phuket town center – this as approximately a 15 minutes’ drive, but could stretch to 20 or 25 minutes is there is heavy traffic (this is very seldom), so the exclusivity of our Resort does actually appeal to by far the majority of our guests, we do offer a full range of activities from the resort, but if you are looking to be within walking distance to the shopping malls, restaurants, wet markets, bars and clubs then our resort is not the right choice.
The Nchantra Pool suites are on the East coast of Phuket Island, this means we have a tidal effected beach, unlike the west coast, which is great as in its safe to swim all year round but we do have to clean our beach every morning, when the tide is out the first 10 meters of beach is still always beautiful sand, after that there might be some ‘corals- broken shells’.
If our restaurant prices are compared to similar properties in Thailand and not street vendors I think you would find our prices actually very reasonable.
You are right about the Pool and Jacuzzi, actually we do not cater for ‘Skinny dipping’ or ‘Exhibitionists’, but with the smallest of our water featured pools at min 1.5mts deep and 9 mts long it does seem to satisfy most guests in addition, every suite has either an Express coffee maker or Kettle and hair dryer on either the upper or lower level, if for some reason yours was missing I once again do apologize.
We do get mosquitoes in Thailand, but to date we have not had one guest notify us of any serious bites, we do provide a spray and small electric Insect o-cutors in every room as well as our housekeeping staff will spray the room at turn-down service, all this together with our contracted pest control team certainly minimizes the risk that any of our guests will be bitten.
We do have facilities at reception to keep all guests valuables, as we are in the process of installing safes in every room and some of them have yet to be secured, but with a 24/7 security staff and 30 CCTV cameras in place, I can honestly say it would be quite difficult for someone to walk out of our Resort carrying a safe.
I have discussed your review in depth with my team and I can only apologize, for not getting the chance to meet you during your stay as I do with most guests, so we might have had a chance to make you stay more comfortable.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed at Nchantra for 3 nights during a trip to Phuket. First of all, the service at Nchantra was great. It was almost as good as being at a "mega-resort". The people were very attentive. Second, this is the resort for you if you are looking for a place to get away. Sirey is not in a populous location, there's no road of tourist bars and restaurants. It is away from everything. If you are looking for that, you have found your place. Third, the rooms are very large, clean, and modern. If you happen to get a suite with a living room and kitchen, they are really spacious and a great place to relax. It was also a great addition to have our own pool. I will be back again. Thanks Nchantra.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nchantra, General Manager at The Nchantra Pool Suite, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, the feedback and comments are much appreciated. So happy you found our team members to be attentive to your needs, and along with our spaciously, creatively decorated rooms, you were also able to appreciate the feeling of peace and tranquility around, this besides being a beach resort, is something very few Hotels/Resorts can offer on the Island. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon, maybe we could host your wedding Party? Either way thanks again, Congratulations and good luck for your future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ratsada
The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Amatara Wellness Resort
Amatara Wellness Resort
#3 of 13 in Cape Panwa
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Been to The Nchantra Pool Suite? Share your experiences!