Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Phuket Naithon Resort(Thalang District)
Average 3/5
Naithon Beach Resort(Thalang District)
Great 4.5/5
Andaman White Beach Resort(Thalang District)
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
Trisara(Choeng Thale)
Excellent 5/5
  • Beachfront
Anantara Layan Phuket Resort(Choeng Thale)
2,915 results
All reviewsitalian restaurantocean roompullman phuket arcadiamain poolandaman seagrand deluxe roominfinity poolelements restaurantkids clubgrand oceanseafood buffetbeach roadbrett wilsonnai thonlobby areamain buildingsea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A travel agent recommended the Pullman Phuket when my partner and I said we were looking for a hotel that was close to both a nice unpopulated beach and the golf courses in the north of the island. We were very grateful for the recommendation as we wouldn't have found the hotel without their help. Aware that the hotel was in its soft launch phase, we went with expectations curbed, but any uncertainties were quickly put to rest. Yes, when we were there for 4 nights in early November, there were signs of work still being done on the property, amongst other minor rough edges, but these never detracted from our experience. The individuals who were working on the hotel were unobtrusive, and great efforts were made to make up for any detracting points. The staff embodied among the best of Thai hospitality; they were polite and quick to respond. We had a minor clogged drain in the shower that was fixed within 30 minutes. Our room was spacious and thoughtfully (and tastefully) designed - and came with a host of amenities that were very useful (from the beach bag to the umbrellas). It is true that because the hotel site is on a hill, getting around the property can be challenging for those who are physically less inclined or who have mobility problems, but the hotel provides a free buggy service. Never did we ever have to wait more than 5 minutes for one. The spa is among one of the best that I have ever tried. The breakfast buffet is substantial and varied, and of a high standard, with something for everyone. We tried both restaurants, and my partner who is Italian, was very impressed with the standards of Vero, the on-site Italian restaurant. He tried the roast rabbit and ossobucco on two occasions, and said that he would never have expected to find a 'very close to authentic' Italian restaurant in Phuket. The location was perfect for us. We didn't want any shopping or crowds or nightclubs, and Nai Thon was perfect for just relaxing and chilling out...Considering that this hotel is in its opening phase, it's still much better than many other fully operational ones. Hope that it will continue to improve, and would love to revisit again when it's 100% functional.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JabbaJoo
Reviewed November 7, 2013

After 3 days of craziness in Patong, we checked ourselves into Pullman Phuket Arcadia to detox for two days prior to our departure from Phuket. Pullman's signature ambience and the best of Thai's hospitality exceeded our expectations in all ways, considering this is Pullman's soft opening.

Beginning with the staff, they were all smiles from the minute we stepped into the Reception. We checked in while seated comfortably with welcome drinks and wet towels to soothe us of the heat and humidity of Phuket. Staff were very discreet and not at all invasive to guests' privacy. Whatever we requested for, attention was prompt and provided for warmly. It didn't stop only at the Pullman's staff. Even the contractors running checks in the room were extremely polite and professional.

It can be a little tiring walking up and down the steep slopes in the resort. But thankfully, the resort provides a shuttle buggy either up-down our room or to-n-fro Naithon Beach. As I understood from the Reception, the frequency to Naithon Beach is an average of 30 minutes. We recommend that you save the hotel's number in your phone so you can call for a pick-up, especially after 8pm. Note that the buggy is only available within Naithon Beach.

Location wise, it can be a little out-of-the-way. However, this is fully understandable if we wished to get away from the Patong crowd. The resort offers a splendid view of the Andaman Sea right out of the balcony. Walking down to the restaurant and pool area, the entire Naithon Beach can be seen. We specially chose (outdoor) seats while enjoying our breakfast with this view every morning without fail. I highly recommend you do the same.

We only tried the breakfast so we can't say much about the food. Yet, breakfast was one of the best I have tried in many other hotels/resorts. For a caffeine addict like myself, it helped tremendously that they serve very nice coffee in flasks rather than having to walk over to the coffee station several times throughout breakfast. Buffet breakfast was well cooked and full of flavour. If you have tried many other hotels, you know what I mean. This is probably the only hotel/resort we have gone for second, third and fourth serving. We just can't get enough of the breakfast.

Now comes the main point of staying here. The room - that is. Being the soft opening, I can see why there are things to be fixed. Otherwise, our grand deluxe room was an absolute pleasure to stay in. There are lots of space to walk around without having to bang into anything. Rotating chair in front of the TV, couch in the balcony and stool in the vanity area... everything was well thought out. Cold/Warm water are working extremely well, we need not worry about taking several showers a day. Hey, we're in Phuket - high humidity!

Notepad, telephone, internet cable sockets, power sockets were conveniently positioned along the working desk with coffee making facilities. Everything was within an arm's reach away. All these are important to me, as I needed to use my laptop constantly to connect with friends on Facebook or check my emails (I had a package to be delivered to the resort).

In a nutshell, amenities that actually MAKE SENSE in a room rather than amenities that nobody uses.

There are some fittings that were not put up properly but I am sure they will get this all fixed with guests' feedbacks. As we checked out today (and sitting in the computer lounge right now), staff were still all smiles. I have stayed in hotels where they can't be bothered the very second I sign off the credit card charge slip. You don't get that attitude here! Even as we shared some of the defects we found in the room, the Reception quickly jotted it down on a form and I am sure the entire list will be send up to the respective department/contractor for fixing. So, don't be shy about sharing with the staff regarding defects in the room.

Lastly, I wished the resort had bins along the paths. There are none, and it is sad to see guests littering at such a beautiful resort. Even as a smoker myself, I don't dump my butt among the vegetation. But I saw that (from other guests, butts, tissue or whatever you can think of) at least five times in my stay for 3D2N stay. Bins along the paths will be a simple solution.

While waiting for our airport transfer now, our mind are already planning our next stay in Pullman Phuket Arcadia probably some time next year. I am confident by the time we return here, the whole package will almost be complete.

Room Tip: Try asking for rooms away from the small lane where the buggy shuttle drives up and down.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank EdisonLee
Pullman P, General Manager at Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear EdisonLee

“Next best place to heaven” – wow thanks for the tag! We are very proud of our resort and happy to hear you enjoyed the break from the craziness of Patong as the location of Naithon is indeed a true escape from the madness of everyday life.

Our room design and amenities are geared to ensure you feel comfortable spending time alone and cocooned away for some peace and quiet with all you need to ensure a 5 star stay. I would be appreciative to hear from you directly on the issues in the room you mention just so I can get some more details and fix these up brett.wilson@accor.com.

Thanks also for highlighting the service team attitude – we take great pride in striving to create a hotel that “guests love” and it seems we have succeeded in your case- I passed the comments on and the team are delighted to know they have made such a positive impact on you.

Look forward to helping you design your next journey to Pullman

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at the Pullman for 3 nights in early November.

The hotel is set on a headland above Nai Thon beach giving spectacular views of the Andaman Sea. Check in was relatively smooth and we were taken to our room by a buggy. Since the resort is on a hill, the room is quite a hike from the lobby. Buggies are available, but there is always a queue.

The breakfast at Elements is amazing. Great selection of food and I loved the daily smoothie shot bar. We also had dinner at Vero. The food was tremendous but one of our pizzas was completely burned, but the staff quickly handled it and it was taken off the bill.

The resort has 2 beautiful pools. Both of them are infinity pools. The hotel also has a well stocked fitness centre.

Usually we would have to get an extra bed for the room. But they gave as a huge bed that sleeps 3 people easily. All rooms come with a balcony, but the view from the ocean room was spectacular. Overall I thought that the room was perfect.

Nai Thon beach is a great beach for swimming and relaxing. There were almost no waves and the water was crystal clear. There is beach is accessible from a long steep staircase, which leads to some slippery rocks. You have to navigate your way through the rocks and into the water to get to the beach. This was not really ideal.

The property is still under construction. Some of the paint on the wall is already starting to come off, and there is some noise from the construction. The deli is still being built, but I think it's exactly what the hotel needs.

Overall I think that the hotel is very much worth your money, and I think as the construction comes to an end, it will be very popular choice in Phuket!

Room Tip: Get an Ocean View Room Ask for a room close to the lobby. The villa's look great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheVacationLover123

Dear TheVacationLover

Thank you for sharing your review – We are always trying to create a hotel “guests love” and your feedback is very useful to help us on this journey.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service and food. Breakfast especially is a focus as we know this is the most important meal of the day and we try to ensure that there is something for everybody to enjoy. Please accept my apologies about the burnt pizza – we have reviewed the training on the cooking methods and updated the team on the use of the Pizza oven.

Thanks also for the feedback on the room - the beach house effect with 5 star amenities help our guest feel that there is a true break from everyday life.
We plan to have the resort fully open very shortly and it would be wonderful to welcome you back to see our beach house, your new found holiday home in full swing!

I’d be only too happy to help you design your journey with Pullman – contact me anytime on brett.wilson@accor.com for your next visit.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The resort is perfectly located on a hillside overlooking a small beach and bay, the views from the resort were spectacular! The resort is brand new and still in soft launch, so resort facilities, F&B, and especially service require some fine tuning. But the potential (location 3X) is obvious .... when Brett and his team are done with the improvements they are working on, this resort will rival their more famous 6-star competitors down the coast. And what great value for money - resort rates is a fraction of the prices charged by the latter!
In terms of immediately enhancing their guest experience, the resort should prioritise 1. getting their F&B fully operational soonest possible (dining options in secluded Naithon beach are very limited), 2. invest in its hotel fleet to offer quality transfers to and from other parts of the island and especially the airport (guests at Phuket airport looking for transport to the resort are being fleeced by a taxi cartel! in hindsight, we will gladly have paid for a hotel limousine) and 3. fully touch up the resort areas that are already open (garden lights and water features not turned on, landscaping not yet completed, better coordinated shuttles and better quality mini-vans/tuk-tuks, etc).

Room Tip: Splurge on the pool villas - it's worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ambrose L
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at the Pullman Phuket Arcadia 3 times over the past 6 months in preparation for a major event I was hosting with 50 VIPs from around the world held in October. All of my stays including the 'big event' have all been comfortable and consistent - although there are still quite a few teething problems associated with a new property.

The staff are some of the most attentive around and are the true assets of Pullman Phuket Arcadia. Every need and request was actioned immediately without question and even difficult requests such as one particular guest who (somewhat ungraciously) demanded an upgrade were resolved smoothly and without fuss. Planning for several events on-site had been progressing for several months and as promised the final delivered product exceeded expectations and were exquisite in every detail.

The breakfast is one of the draw-cards of this property, offering ample options including several live-cooking counters where food is prepared on request. Some of the stand-out items are the raw food bar, the freshly-baked ham on-the-bone and the (all-you-can-drink) Bloody Mary bar. Other gems include complimentary Tuk-Tuk and buggies which not only ferry you around the property itself but also down to the beach and back, and public areas such as the bars and restaurants which are not only comfortable and tastefully-designed but are also offer some of the most spectacular views over the beach, across the Andaman and which offer multiple options to watch the sunset.

There are still many major and minor issues associated with being a newly-opened property from cracked tiles and mirrors in bathrooms (poor workmanship), to lack of privacy between pool villas through to slippery public areas during rainy periods and unstable electricity supply. Most are being addressed and I am certain will be resolved over time. It's important that guests understand that the property is still in soft-opening mode and therefore to expect that there may be issues.

If you consider the extremely low-rates, combined with the location (being close to the airport and over-looking one of Phuket's most spectacular beaches), together with the level of service - this property is most definitely worth trying even during soft-opening. It represents unsurpassed value in a very pleasing package.

Room Tip: Go for a Grand Ocean View room, or a Pool Villa.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank LuxeTravelerHK

Dear LuxetravelerHK

It is wonderful to read that you have enjoyed all your visits to see us over the last 6 months and the event we worked with you on went well. We truly appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for the comments on breakfast – we take this as the most important meal of day and work hard to ensure that there is choice for everybody. I have passed your comments to the culinary team.

Thanks also for highlighting on of our biggest asset – the views. The location of the resort give great views from many of the areas of the resort - the Andaman Sea, Naithon Beach and the sunsets give a perfect backdrop to evening cocktails, dinner or simply gazing from the balcony of your room.

We are very close to completing all aspects of the resort so it would be great to welcome you back in the near future for business or pleasure to enjoy our beach house, your holiday home.

Contact me any time on brett.wilson@accor.com to help you design your journey with Pullman