“Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever come across - needs to be closed down.”

The Old Vicarage Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morley
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The windows had masking tape on them that had been there so long that it was covered in spiders webs. The room was filthy. The shower rail was broken and when reported nothing was done. There was no one available to make breakfast even though we had paid for it. Do not book this hotel it is the worst I have ever come across and the service is appalling.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank JuliePartyCakes

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Myself & My Husband married on the 20th July this year we booked in here as it was close to where we was having our reception and close to home for us to get back the next day so we could go on our honeymoon. When I phoned up and booked the hotel we was never told to take any Identification with us. I was still in my wedding dress and my husband still had his suit on when we arrived the staff member asked us our name & if we had ID I told him we had never been told to take ID. He was very rude and said no ID no room. I tried on numerous occasions to contact the manager who has only just got back to me today. On numerous occasions I have had the phone put down on me by the staff. All the manager was bothered about was the fact I had gone to the papers about this. He didn't apologize, he was rude and extremely arrogant. He told me I had to check travel lodges and any other hotels policies about ID. As you can imagine myself & My husband are very angry & upset about this considering it was our wedding day the staff are not bothered. My point is they never told us and if you have never stayed there before how are you meant to know. If you want mistreating then go stay at this hotel as they obviously don't care about how they treat there customers. They are EXTREMELY RUDE & ARROGANT

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Clare W
Reviewed July 29, 2013

stayed one night in this hotel was enough for me. the rooms are dirty i think they have never been cleaned. bed sheets were dirty and the toilets looked really old and smelly. the staff was a little rude i think they were eastern european either polish or romanian they looked like they just walked off the street and were changing the bed sheets for my room they were shouting and being rude. and didnt care for the other guests. the hotel is a joke i agree that it should be taken off this site. totally avoid this hotel

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank singh s
Reviewed July 15, 2013

To start with said its in Leeds it's actually 20 mins outside Leeds. Got there and was only going to b giving one room but had booked 2 guy at reception clueless never new where to put us. No bar all corridors yellow with smoke and stunk off curry carpets disgusting. In the rooms beds where clean but the dust everywhere was unhygienic over remote control for tv shows last time any one was in room Brocken biscuits in drawers and the kettle was filthy inside lights not workin and no air con was like a sweat box. Bathroom tiles Brocken loose and dirty tiloilet paper in toilet when arrived loose bath taps and shower went cold when next door turned there's. on. Needin a lot done to the hotel in general -10 out of 10 stay away

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Stevo109
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel has a lot of potential the staff could be a little bit more friendly but the one man we did see was friendly enough. We had 5 rooms... The rooms were very spacious comfortable beds.. One room had mould on the ceiling in the bathroom (room 7) room 18 probs had the nicest bathroom. I have stayed in a lot worse places ... It's about 10 mins out of the city centre a taxi came quick enough (Morley cabs) and it was only £10 so not too bad. Overall for £20 you carnt shake your head at it. I'd go back :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Dear God this is by far the worst hotel i have ever been to. Room 8 was filthy, disgusting dirty carpets, stains on the curtains and questionable stains on the walls. After complaining we were offered room 12, which was equally disgusting so we refused to stay and were given a full refund. Avoid at all costs!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Trish P
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Myself and 8 friends stayed here for one night as the photos looked reasonable & the price was perfect for us travelling to Leeds for one of the girls birthdays.
The staff were ignorant and if anything creepy. My room (room 18) looked to be one of the better rooms (still disgusting). The carpet was absolutely horrible, dirty marks which could easily be vomit or urine on the carpet. The glasses provided were stained (even a faint lippie smear) good job my pre drink was bottles of lager because I could not have used them, my friend sharing my room even used her empty dr pepper bottle for her drinks.
The bathroom looked to be (possibly) recently done however the shower was lacking one of 2 sliding doors so when I showered hungover on the morning I soaked the bathroom and when I opened the door it fell off.
Upon arrival to our room there were Pubic hairs in the shower too GROSS!
The bed surprisingly though was clean and comfortable when arriving back at 5:30am managed decent sleep however the room was very bright due to only blinds and no curtains.
No staff when we were leaving.
Such a shame this building has so much character and under correct ownership could be such a cute boutique hotel....unfortunately this is not the case. Oh and another thing, they took my friends card details and told her that the balance of all our rooms would b taken off her card....when we arrived however (myself and the girl who hooked arrived later than the others) one of the other girls had to pay in cash! Hopefully my friends card gets nothing taken off her card as in other reviews!!!
DO NOT STAY HERE, pay the extra £15-£20 a night and stay in holiday inn or jury inn! Did not feel safe leaving my belongings here, not even okay for a group of girls looking for a place to crash for a few hours kip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morley
Village Hotel Leeds South
#1 of 1 in Gildersome
Gomersal Park Hotel
Gomersal Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gomersal

Been to The Old Vicarage Hotel? Share your experiences!