“Great hotel, great price.”

The Old Vicarage Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morley
“Great hotel, great price.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have spent 6 nights so far at this hotel and every night has been a great nights sleep. Yes, the hotel does at times smell of cigarette smoke, but that is from customers smoking outside. The hotel is warm, comfortable and plenty of tea and coffee. Clean towels, big flat screen tv, cleanish, not brilliant but certainly not dirty. Much better than any of your standard chain hotels. Can't comment on the breakfast as leave too early in morning to have breakfast. Would I stay again? Yes, because of the nights sleep there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Durham, Uk
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I arrived to a smoke filled building to a member of staff who could not even muster a hello. 2 of the staff members were speaking to each other in a language I didn't understand and the man who checked me in gave my key to another member if staff took me downstairs, unlocked mr door for me and handed me my key.

The room was filthy. Stained carpets, bed sheets, curtains. The smell of mould was sickening, nothing at all was clean. I arrived late, very tired after a long day, otherwise I would have left.

Most disturbingly, at around 10pm I needed to go to my car, so I opened my door, with the key the member of staff handed to me when he took me to my room in my hand to find ANOTHER KEY IN THE OUTSIDE OF MY DOOR.

I checked it did indeed lock my door.... It did. I wouldn't have been so bothered had I have unlocked my door initially and someone else had not done it, so clearly with a different key to the one he gave me - like he needed to fool me into thinking I had the key when the other was left for anyone to let themselves into my room.

I did not hand it back to them, and ended up having to move a chair against the door. As a single female travelling alone, this was a terrifying experience. I had the worst nights sleep ever.

I left both keys at reception first thing n the morning and got the hell out. I've never been able to feel sale alone in a hotel room since that night. Truly awful. And to think I thought the filthy room was the worst thing about the place when I arrived.

Never, ever, ever stay here.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Sbchannel

Travelers are raving about these Morley hotels

Reviewed February 24, 2013

What a nightmare , illegal immigrant staff , uncooked breakfast .. This place should be closed down for health reasons , would not stay for free , the room was a health risk with more damp and strange smell , mould in sink, staff smoking which smelt like cannabis , awful experience

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Imran_khalil
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

myself and partner stayed here for one night as it was cheap but wish I had booked somewhere else. The receptionist was helpful and pleaseant. The room was filthy as you can see by my photos, the hotel is only 2 star but the owners need clean the rooms, and use a washing machine. The bed was comfortable and the room was warm,and had a nice big tv, but thats the only good points. Did not have breakfast so can't comment on that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew G
Bury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

First off, my shower didn't work so the receptionist asked me to use my colleague's, nextdoor! Cheeky buggers! Went into my room and ir was cold:no curtains only vertical blinds with a post heater that turns off in the night, below. Work booking, and rest assured they won't be coming back. Sat here now, freezing. Unlike.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank PeacheySnr
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The room was very tiny and cold. The shower had mould and mildew and one staff member made an inappropriate comment. The walls were dirty. I am still trying to get my £15 refund for the 3 breakfasts that I cancelled. They lied and told me they put the money in my account. I wouldn't even go back there for free!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Veronica M
Stone, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Me and 5 friends stayed here for night on the 1st december. We had 3 twin rooms. All the rooms were a good size and clean. The ensuites were also big and extremely clean with towels and a few toiletries provided. There was a little bit of damp in the corner of one of the rooms but nothing to alarming and nothing you wouldn't expect from a building that age. All the rooms had huge flat screen tvs and tea and coffee making facilities. Our room was extremely warm and there was also extra blankets and pillows supplied in the cupboard if need. Which we didn't as the room was nice a toasting from the minute we arrived to the minute we checked out a nice refreshing change from the bitter outdoors. Hotel staff were extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. Not knowing the area ourselves when we first arrived we wanted to get straight out and get something to eat. We asked the man on the desk about places to eat in the local area and he was extremely helpful giving us plenty of information of local restaurants, fastfood and takeaways and directions too. When we were leaving the hotel later on that evening the receptionist also booked as a taxi, getting us a quote on the phone as well which is very handy when you don't know the city and ripped off! All in all we all enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel and stay there again. Morley itself as beautiful itself too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morley
Healey Hotel
Gomersal Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gomersal
Village Hotel Leeds South
Best Western Plus Milford Hotel

Been to The Old Vicarage Hotel? Share your experiences!