“SO HORRIBLE.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Morley
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“SO HORRIBLE.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed in at least 9 different hotels over the space of 2 weeks, I am used to budget hotels/hostels and am not usually one to complain, but this was just too awful to ignore. All I want is a warm room with a reasonably comfortable bed and a shower. This had NOTHING.

The room was a disgrace, the heating was one tiny radiator on a (very confused) timer that left us roasting at lunchtime and freezing cold at night. The decor was bleak and made me want to kill myself, the door to the toilet was full of holes and splashed with white paint, 1 out of 3 lights worked, the shower DID NOT work, the mattress felt like it had been dragged in from the street and the shower gel came in ugly condom-looking packets which were never replaced after the first night.

HOLE.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ngbenton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kenilworth, England
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We (husband, daughter and I) picked the Old Vicarage for convenience, as we were attending a wedding. Where do I start? The place is dirty, service is non-existent, breakfast barely cooked (raw sausages and very undercooked eggs) served by a guy in dirty jeans and a bodywarmer! Staff barely speak English, rooms are bare, and desperately in need of refurbishing. The shower in our room dispensed 4 drops of water per minute, and no bath mat meant a slippery balancing act. No remote control for the TV. My daughter's room was even worse, with a mattress in such poor condition that she was kept awake half the night with springs sticking in her. No kettle in her room. Stay away from here at all costs, and choose somewhere else!! You have been warned!

Room Tip: don't bother.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wildechilde123

Travelers are raving about these Morley hotels

Devon, england
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I had no problems checking in I was greeted by a member of staff shown a couple of rooms . I picked room one which is by reception and dining room if noise from other guests bother you then avoid this room . Yes the room could be improved on carpet was stained glass in window had been shattered some blood on curtain all these things had been clearly done by previous guests.
The room was cleaned every day and bed made which I was surprised about given the price I was paying . The price was £30.00 per night b&b I had also looked at the premier inn twice the price travel lodge £50.00 and couldn't honour the on line price that I had seen and took ages to come to reception ! I will also point out that these places didn't include breakfast.
Now breakfast again could be improved sausages no substance to them but overall ok again for the price service was excellent as soon as I walked into the dining room on the first morning I was asked what breakfast I would require I opted for the full English it came with fresh orange /English tea/ or coffee toast cereals if required . I could only manage one of the sausages as I'm really fussy about them . Next morning my breakfast turned up with only one sausage he had taken on board what I had left the previous morning . I was pleased not to have had two on my plate as it would have only been a waste . The speed the food came out would be down to a high tech oven that they use and so do many cares I might ad so when I read in other reviews it was to quick get a grip well that's all I got to say for now

• Stayed October 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Firstly upon arrival there was nobody to be seen. I was ringing bell and shouting hello, still no sign. Eventually a man arrived who seemed completed confused to guests arriving at the check in time 2 pm. He then didnt have our reservations aswell as the other couple who where also waiting. after a good dispute he eventually found our reservation and led us to our rooms. The hotel stinks of BO!!! I only stayed one night and used the bedroom for around 7 hours. Whilst i was in the room i switched on the TV which didnt work. We left the next day with not a soul around. I have now just came to check my online banking and they have taken out £300!!!!!! I rang them to dispute this and their reason for so is that I broke the TV and stole the remote. I can 1000000% guarantee i did not break the TV and why on earth would I want to steal a remote. This hotel/ owner is an absolute shambles.I am now involving the citezens advice bureau and the local police station. I would advise EVERYBODY to stay away!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jade M
Salford
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hi,
My wife and I booked a room for two nights by telephone at this Hotel on 2nd & 3rd August 2012. We was attending a wedding reception on the 3rd at The Woodlands Hotel about a mile away. On arriving at The Old Vicarage we had to wait for awhile before being attended to. The man on the reception Would only take cash ( I made a mistake,should have told him I had no cash) We were allocated room number 25 on the ground floor. First impressions was fine,could be better but ok. We had to go to the Bride's house soon after so we didn't see much more that afternoon. Next morning we went for breakfast,ordered a tea, coffee and full English. Just started eating our cereal when the same man who booked us in placed our breakfast in front of us which obviously been cooked well before. The tea & coffee came as two coffees ,the bacon had seen better days & the sausage was like sawdust. When I moved an easy chair there was white dust & hair on the carpet. After we went to the wedding reception. After the church we took our car back to The Old Vicarage so we could order a taxi to take us to the Wedding reception. There was no one there only a couple trying to book in,I rang the bell,still nobody came, I decided to phone the Hotel,after a minute I got an answer & told him to come to the reception. Apparently it was Ramadan and he had been asleep. He was the only person that we had seen working in the Hotel apart from a small boy Vacuuming the rooms. Our room had a broken smoke alarm,the bay window would not lock. Next morning having a sleep in at 8.15am we heard a knock on the door,I answered it to find this man telling me that our breakfast is ready,we didn't order it for that morning because we had a very late night. ( The Hotel needs to be inspected soon ).Where you have said, Could you say a little more about it, I clicked very poor but the Excellent came up so take notice it is extremely POOR.

Room Tip: Keep away from this Hotel!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KenSlamon
Reviewed July 12, 2012

What can I say. After half hour of being in room 5 builders were using a hammer drill to take the above part of wall out in the next room up. I was told I'd have to put up with it for 1/2 hour after complaining.

No towels so had to wait 2 hours until I could shower - pre a meeting. The bog roll was best part empty and to take the one out of the reception toilet. Shower was warm (EVENTUALLY)

Wi-fi, signal was so poor and often couldn't connect for 30-40 minutes. No near takeaways in close walking distance as food wasnt available. Description shows breakfast, but wasnt available even though a guy in the kitchen at 8.30am. Decor dated and tired.

If you want the real 'Rising Damp' experience, minus Rigsby, be ready to be disappointed as Rigsby's dump was a palace.

As for being an Old Vicarage, I think its graveyard had more character and charm.

Room Tip: Add a tip to choose a good room. Well, don't stop and try elsewhere, even a local skip would be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tmealham
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Went here for a weekend away with my boyfriend and it was a terrible venue. The room was none too clean though the bed at least seemed to be. The towels looked clean but had an unpleasant smell. The hot water in both the sink and shower was useless taking well over 5 minutes to run warm and the bathroom easily steamed up as the window would not open and there was no ventilation system.
The staff were no good at all. They seemed to speak very little if any English and to constantly have friends visiting them at work. Loud conversations, clearly audible in the room, carried on from reception late into the night as the staff and their friends chatted and loud noises also randomly occurred throughout the night.
Really irritating was the fact that one reason we chose this hotel was it advertised free wifi which we both use a lot. However during our 2 day stay it only worked for about 40 minutes.

In conclusion you should avoid this hotel and stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank feralglow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morley
Village Hotel Leeds South
Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ramada Wakefield
Ramada Wakefield
#2 of 2 in Ossett

Been to The Old Vicarage Hotel? Share your experiences!