“Last Minute Quick Trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olveston
Miles Away Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Olveston B&B and Inns
Brussels, Ontario
“Last Minute Quick Trip”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We decided to travel to Montserrat at the very last minute and our hosts Sharmaine & Nigel were so very accommodating! What a beautiful, peaceful place to relax. The views are incredible. We enjoyed both our private patio and the pool patio both in the early mornings & evenings. We will never forget the guided tour of the island as we learned history that could never be learned from a book. For such a small island community there are lots of things to see and do. I would highly recommend Miles Away Villa Resort as a base for anyone's next vacation. Well done Sharmaine & Nigel!!

With much thanks.......your fellow Canadians.........Linda & Wayne

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent........in our opinion!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank 189Linda62
sharmaine n, Owner at Miles Away Villa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 31, 2017
Thanks, we enjoyed your visit also. always nice to meet good people. it was fun... come back soon!

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
UK
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was visiting Montserrat as a volunteer, andmy hosts arranged my accomodation here - I'm sure that this increased the value of my work! So lovely to get back after a day of meetings for a swim!

Charmaine (sorry, I probably mis-spelled your name) made sure that I had a breaKfast that suited my dietary needs, and on two evenings I had her home-cooked meals, both times exactly what I wanted.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable, apartment immaculately clean. The room I was allocated opened on to the pool and two terraces (so there was always shade). Internet was reliable and mostly fast enough to use google hangout without a problem (the one day when even going to voice-only there were .... delays ... - this was an island-wide problem).

Miles Away is a very, very, tranquil place.

Room Tip: The room I had - facing the pool - is excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Muuranker
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Miles Away in January 2014 for just over a week. Sharmaine and Nigel really made us feel at home. We stayed in the Cane Room, which was larger than we expected. We enjoyed sitting out on our private patio in the mornings and evenings, and there is a small picnic table close to the room which we used several times when having coffee or morning breakfast. Nigel picked us up at the airport and arranged take-away from the People's Place (excellent food!), and Sharmaine arranged a rental car for us. Sharmaine welcomed us upon arrival to Miles Away and gave us the grand tour of the property, which has a pool and two very large patios with gorgeous views of the volcano and sunsets over the water. One thing that I really appreciated was that the rooms were cleaned and straightened daily, which is a feature not available at other Guesthouses on the island. We travel light, so having laundry service was a plus. There's also a short hiking trail right on their property that goes down to a stream and a rock beach. It was a short walk, and the view was amazing! Another thing we noticed was that Sharmaine and Nigel are constantly improving the property. In the short time that we were there, they began the addition of one more guest room and they installed heating for the pool. They were excellent hosts, always available for advice/tips/discussion, but never intrusive. My one regret is that we didn't take them up on their offer to join them on Friday evening to check out some of the local spots... Our dinner plans fell through that night, and I'm sure we would have had more fun if we had joined them.

Room Tip: The Cane Room has an extra louvered window that creates gentle cross-breezes and keeps the room cool...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Marie C
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very peaceful and quiet. Private patio, bathrooms and nice little kitchen were my favorite part. Great views, pool and very friendly puppy named Ella. River walking path to the sea so you can walk about 50 feet to the sea Five star. Will be back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room I stayed in was very nice, clean, comfortable and up to date. It stayed a nice temperature because it was on the lower level and shaded from the sun. The location is very quiet with great views. Anything that I needed during my stay, Sharmaine was able to help me with. She is a great host! The pool was great to lounge in and the grounds of the villa are very well kept. I will definitely be staying here again when I am able to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a great location, at the end of a road, no traffic noise and beautiful views. We stayed in the Lime poolside suite, which was great - microwave, fridge, basic flatware, etc. We saw the other rooms that she has recently added and they are very nice as well. The breezes are fantastic and her pool and surrounding sitting areas are wonderful. She had great recommendations for places to eat and things to do. Only downside (for us) is that much of the island, including this location, isn't very walkable, so a car is definitely needed. But she dropped it at the airport for us so we could just get in and drive to the guest house.

Thank you for a wonderful week!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Glencoe (near chicago) IL
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Miles Away has a beautiful breeze every night and a very chill atmosphere. We stayed for 9 days in September when practically the whole Island was empty of tourist. We did not meet Sharmaine but Roy took good care in making sure we were ok. No one else was there and it was very beautiful and peaceful. Make sure you get a car it is a bit of a hike to anything and all uphill. Miles away arranged the car and it was great meeting us right at airport. Being from Chicago this place was so nice because the nights are so wonderful void of city lights.
Check out The Attic up the road for very nice food and people(yes you could walk there)
Check out the boat cruise to Plymouth from Little bay
Check out Jack boy on other side of Island for a crazy adventure and breath taking scenes(see my jack boy review)
Check out the restaurant to the left of the Green Monkey(thru the plants) in Little Bay and say hi to John(great place for Dinner or Sunday Barbeque
Drive to Richmond Hill near Plymouth and view the volcano from there( they will let you through
to a point at Richmond hill road
Little Bay is best beach because the water is calm
You will love Montserrat being at Miles Away because it quite and nice with Wifi and everything you may need.
Bring lots of cash no one really takes CC
There is a good bank with ATM
Be nice to the frogs at night and hang out at the pool with the nightly breezes. If you dont like crowds in Montserrat or Miles away for sure go in late September and anytime in October

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nor36noc

Been to Miles Away Villa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!