1,188 results
All reviews steep hill infinity pool mobile phone blue ginger jasmine villa our honeymoon koh samui chaweng beach coral cove taxi service milk bath free shuttle views are breathtaking pick ups traditional thai style bedroom villa spa treatments
Reviewed August 13, 2016

We spent our half of our honeymoon in Koh Samui, and stayed at Sandalwood. We could not have been happier with our choice! The views are breathtaking, our infinity pool was fun to use day and night, the hotel restaurant served great food, and the staff was abundantly friendly and accommodating to our needs. The owner himself was kind enough to show us around the local area on our last night, as we needed a ride to town. On one occasion, the hotel staff had extra Muay Thai tickets available and offered them to us! Highly recommended hotel!

Room Tip: Take advantage of their free shuttles around the local area!
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Owner_Sandalwood, Front Office Supervisor at Sandalwood Luxury Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Dear Tyson,

We thank you very much for your staying with us and let us be a part of your value time. We will be happy to welcome you back in the near future and please let us know if we can do anything for you.

Thank you again for your visiting us and we hope all good memories will be with you also with us.

Best regards,
Sandalwood Team :)

Reviewed August 2, 2016

Sandalwood is the best hotel that we have ever stayed in! The views are breathtaking, the villas are clean and beautiful, the location is amazing - close to all of the main towns, the staff is wonderful. They have a shuttle service that will do anything for you. The restaurant is awesome - food is great and the staff cannot do enough for you. The spa is amazing and you MUST get a massage while you are there. The spa staff is great at what they do and they are so sweet. The front office is very helpful and will help you with everything. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel and their staff. If you don't stay here, you are missing out on the best experience!

Room Tip: Malee has the best views!
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josh S

Dear Josh S,

Reference is made to your recent stay at Sandalwood Luxury Villas for which we thank you.

Many thanks for taking the time to write your TripAdvisor review for us. It is only by these kind of information that we are able to constantly improve our services.

I see you have also had a good experience with our staff I will be sure to pass on these complements to them, something of course they always delight in hearing from guests about the services he provided.

Being in the service industry, we believed in providing our guests the best service and attention, nothing makes us happier than a confirmation of our guest’s satisfaction.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Koh Samui at Sandalwood Luxury Villas

Sandalwood Team :))

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

Do you know heaven? Well, it must be something like this.. Once you arrive you feel you don't want to leave this place.. You think: can koh Samui get any better that this? Everything you need you have it here: the most amazing view & wonderfull Villas, lot Of them with a private swimming pool & an incredible food, really delicious and at a very good price.

They have a free shuttle that brings you to chaweng or to the closest beaches, that are very nice; small and beautifull. They also have everything you need for the kids, from toys to baby chairs or cots.

I found this place as one of the most unique & incredible I have ever been.. The memories of this stunning view will last forever.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Beatriz V
Owner_Sandalwood, Front Office supervisor at Sandalwood Luxury Villas, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2016

Dear Beatriz V,

We thank you very much for your staying with us and let us be apart of your value time. We will be happy to welcome you back in the near future and please let us know if we can do anything for you.

Best regards,
Sandalwood Team:)

Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

I thought about mixing it up a bit. But then I said to myself why? It was absolute perfect the first time. Why take the chance of being disappointed by staying somewhere else?
And I was right! 24 days of beautiful sunrises. My first couple of days where great I had the Jasmine Suite which had a beautiful Oceanview. Then I asked Robert the owner if I might switch to the room type I had before. Mind you there was nothing wrong with the villa. I just got spoiled last time. And within minutes he came to my villa with a new room key and someone to move my luggage. My Jacuzzi room with my own private pool was heaven on earth. The staff was so attentive. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I was promptly picked up at the airport. The have free shuttle service to shopping areas and 2 different beaches. There is a free daily breakfast each morning. They even made me Eggs Benedict to order. The food was fabulous. Thank you again Sandalwood I will be back.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank Tracy R
Owner_Sandalwood, Front Office Supervisor at Sandalwood Luxury Villas, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2016

Dear Tracy R,

Reference is made to your recent stay at Sandalwood Samurai for which we thank you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to KohSamui at Sandalwood KohSamui.

Sandalwood Team

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for five nights and had a fantastic time in Koh Samui. The resort's service was incredible and the view from our villa (we stayed in Malee) was like something from a movie. We really enjoyed the private pool. Upon arrival you're given a cell phone to use during your stay, so if you decide to venture out you have a line of communication and can arrange a car back and forth to your destinations. Very convenient. Chai was our driver most of the times we went out and he was great. The entire staff was extremely personable and welcoming. We had breakfast there each morning- the omelette was my go to, my husband really enjoyed the noodles as well. I would recommend venturing out for lunch and dinner as there are some great options close to the resort with amazing food and views. We did have dinner at the restaurant and it was ok, but the pours on alcohol were a little light for our liking. We opted for a trip to the convenience store at the bottom of the hill and bought our own alcohol for the room.

Definitely recommend getting out to see the Muay Thai boxing at Petchbuncha if you can. Very cool experience, reception can help you with booking and transportation as well.

Would definitely visit Sandalwood again if we have the chance to go back!

Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank creciaann

Dear Danai I,

I see you have also had a good experience with our staff there (Khun Chai) I will be sure to pass on these complements to him, something of course they always delight in hearing from guests about the services he provided.

Sandalwood Team:))