Sandalwood Luxury Villas
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
$794
$521
Hotels.com
The Kala Samui(Maret)(Great Value!)
$493
$75
$162
  • Pool
$153
LeMeridien.com
Beach Republic The Residences(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$97
$85
$299
$110
Lamai Wanta(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$61
$41
Agoda.com
Rocky's Boutique Resort(Lamai Beach)
$109
$88
$316
$190
Trip.com
Thai House Beach Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
$78
$62
1,146 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsteep hillmobile phoneblue gingerour honeymoonjasmine villakoh samuichaweng beachtaxi servicefree shuttlemilk bathviews are breathtakingbedroom villaspa treatmentscooking classmain poolfisherman's village
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We went here for our honeymoon almost a year ago now and it was fantastic. I don't think pictures or words will do this place justice. The views were superb, we spent days just lazing in the infinity pool taking in the views. The rooms are modern, luxurious, comfortable and impecably maintained by the staff. We stayed in Malee and Amarin. We personally preferred malee as it was a little smaller but they are both fantastic and you really can't go wrong which ever room you choose. The staff are fantastic. They went out of there way to plan day trips for us and make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Sandalwood is located at the top of a very big hill, but this was never a problem and if you weren't on such a big hill you wouldn't have the amazing views. Also for a honeymoon it was nice to be away from the hussle and bustle yet only a 10 minute drive away when you did want to be in the middle of it all. The spa treatments at sandalwood are top standards. The restaurant serves delicious food. We really couldn't say one bad thing about staying here. We look forward to the day when we are able to come back and stay again. Well done to Sandalwood staff and owners, you do such a fantastic job and you all made our stay the most amazing honeymoon we could of imagined. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
konadavid, Owner at Sandalwood Luxury Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Sawasdee Krup, We are very happy that you had a wonderful holiday with us. Our staff will be happy when they are notified of your review. We try to share most all our guest reviews and concerns with our staff. We do hope you come back soon again.
All our best to you,
David and the Sandalwood team

Reviewed April 2, 2011

I'm writing this review mainly to put the last review complaining about poor customer service into context.

We were due to stay there at the same time but Koh Samui was in the grip of flooding, landslides, blocked roads, airport closure, no electricity and intermittent phone and internet.

As soon as there were problems, Pon kept in touch advising us not to come and as the situation worsened so her advice became stronger. We took her advice and, now seeing the press coverage, we're glad we did.

The last reviewer may not have been aware of how difficult things were for all the island. So please look at all the other reviews here to get a more balanced picture.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rfj1001
konadavid, Owner at Sandalwood Luxury Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2011

Sawasdee krup from all of us at Sandalwood. Thank you very much for recognizing the dire condition of Koh Samui during one fo the worst storms in its history. We appreciate your concern. Now, the weather has greatly improved and hopefully in the very near future Koh Samui and Sandalwood will retain its charm and beauty. It has been trying times for all of us and nice to hear feedback when our customers realize this.
Thank you and best regards, David and the Sandalwood team

Reviewed March 31, 2011

I would caution against this hotel. I tried to get quotes from them, received a quote and then they turned around and said that the quote did not include a lot of items that are customary and available to all guests (i.e. wifi, breakfast, airport shuttle). I tried to call them to clarify, and their phone lines are down and no one has yet to respond to my email. All I can say is that be-careful.

Stayed: March 2011
8  Thank kungmartin

We are sorry you felt you were not given our usual excellent service to our guests. Our Island had been hit by a major tropical depression and all communication, electrical, water, lines, etc. had been cut for 2-3 days. Service in all areas on Koh Samui were very limited. Emails and telephone systems were not in order most of this time. We tried our best to communicate with all our inquiries and guests to the best of our ability under the circumstances. We hope to be back to normal very soon.
Sincerely, David and the Sandalwood team

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Thanks to Pon and staff at Sandalwood, my husband and I had the best and most relaxing stay for my 50th birthday celebration. There is nothing we could fault. Stayed in the Gardenia villa, which was so luxurious. The restaurant meals, wonderful cocktails and the day spa were just great and we are already planning to stay again real soon. A most memorable stay. The private dining room for my birthday dinner and a surprise birthday cake from Sandalwood were certainly a highlight.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2011

An old friend and I decided to go on a two-month trip through East / Southeast Asia from January to March 2011 (we visited several cities and villages in Korea, Thailand and Vietnam). Out of all our experiences during our travels staying at the Sandalwood Resort in Koh Samui is the most memorable.
The staff was extremely attentive and responsive - always at your beck and call. They were constantly smiling which set the tone for a warm and relaxing atmosphere. Though we were two traveling adults the resort is perfect for all ages. The environment was very family oriented and I kept thinking how wonderful it would be to bring my grandson here to visit.
I’m a stickler for sanitary conditions and this place was impeccably clean. Unfortunately, not all the places on our two-month travels had such high standards. I was impressed with how well the rooms and grounds were maintained at Sandalwood – there was always someone working on resort upkeep.
I absolutely loved the architecture here– very open and tranquil. I stayed in the Gardena Villa which had a beautiful view of the bay (from what I understand all of the villas have an amazing view). There was a reggae event and Chinese New Year activities going on and I could see fireworks over the water from my room – SPECTACULAR!
The resort isn’t immediately on the beach but it is centrally located. I wouldn’t have changed one thing. I’m looking forward to retiring soon – who knows, I might just end up retiring here!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends