All reviewssilver beachwhite sandoutdoor bathroomcomfortable accommodationnice and quiet placeother hotelscrystal baybreakfast is servedlekbungalowresortsea
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stayed here for a week to unwind from a business trip in Asia. I've couldn't have wished for a better place than this gem of a resort. the staff is really friendly, always open for a chat, a helping hand and a friendly smile. I enjoyed they that was served at the beach. Lunch and drinks were also fantastic, especially the smoothies. cabins are in perfect condition; clean, modern and well equipped with fridge, tv, save and the superb outdoor shower.

Although Samui is not the kind of place I will visit more often, Promtsuk Buri is certainly on my list to return to if I need to unwind from a business trip to Asia.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank 14NABster
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I’m very satisfied about Promtsuk Buri in Koh Samui, the hotel was perfect for me and my wife.
The hotel is very quiet and the position is fantastic: peace and nature are the rules.
But you are very near to Chaweng and Lamai, so if you want to visit pubs, restaurants, shops,…in 10 minutes by motorbike you can.
The bungalow was very nice and very clean, it is very appreciable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Curen
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My BFF and I were on a girly sun, sand and sea holiday and chose this hotel because of its quiet, beautiful beach. The staff were friendly and helpful, and it feels like a family-run type of place. The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable, and the landscaping around the hotel grounds was just so pretty. It may not feel like high end resort, but you certainly feel 'at home'.

The LIKES:
- The beach. Crystal clear waters and white sand. Quiet and peaceful. Only 4 small hotels share this beach.
- The hammock. Great place to stare at the stars at night.
- The beach-side restaurant. Very good breakfast. Amazing seafood glass noodle salad. Lovely fruit shakes.
- Great people.
- Convenient car rental. Just tell reception and they'll organise it for you..

The GRIPES:
- No hot water kettle and tea/coffee facility in the room.
- No complimentary mini toiletries, so if you forget to bring your own or do not normally do so, tough. Water is not complimentary according to the price list for the room mini bar, but they didn't charge us for the water we took anyway. I don't know if it was an oversight (we took only 2 bottles on the first day, and bought our own water from elsewhere for the next few days).
- The restaurant closes at 5pm. So you'll have to go to the hotel next door or walk a few minutes down the road (towards Lamai) to Baan Lamai for dinner.

But all in all, we loved it and will definitely stay here if we visit Samui again.

Room Tip: Room 17 is good for mini deluxe seaview. But if you want something nicer with your deck facing the sea, Room 6 is best.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I Wanted to treat my parents on a lovely holiday in Thailand. Personally I visited different areas in Thailand a few times in the past and find it magical.

Through browsing on “ trip advisor” I came across “Promtsuk Buri” And the reviews were wonderful! Through reservations officer Kannika Ms. at kohsamui.com That advertise the Hotel and many many others in Koh samui I booked the Garden Court Bungalow and the Beach Front Bungalow. Everything went smoothly and our credit card was charged the amount of 30.100THB ( 700 euros). Excitement was high and we were all counting the days to our vacation time on February 2011!

Unfortunately, approximately 1.5 months before we were supposed to go, my father experience a small heart attack and was advised not to travel in the next six months. It was a hassle however I succeeded to cancel all flights and different hotels accept “Promtsuk Buri”.

They didn't respond to any of my e-mails, I also tried to contact the hotel directly by phone and was promised several times to get an answer to my cancellation request in the following 48 hours. That never happened. Up-to-date I haven’t got a reaction or financial refund.

- my first advice to my fellow traveler’s - never book a hotel directly through their own website - but use the service of other booking websites services, where you can cancel your reservation at any time by a push of a button.

Secondly, our family holiday will go forward upcoming February and I’m hoping to get the hotel reaction by writing this review.. Because in any other way.. it didn’t happen !

Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank moryo
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Stayed the for the second time... and it's absolutly like paradise! Only missing thing is a pool for the kids... but after short time you won't miss it. It's at very romantic resort on a lovely beach with a wonderful scenary. Everything is very clean and in order. Lived both times in no. 6 (seafront) with the terrase direct to the beach. Loves the big outdoor shower even when raining!!! All the rooms are the same! The staff love kids and espccially Lek, Shera and Yo at the rastaurant and recpetion are some wonderful people! You will never regret a stay a this place! Food are cheap and some of the best we ever had tasted in Thailand. TRY IT! Taxi always just aouside the resort. If taxidrivers don't know where Promsuk Buri is (We have tried this several times), just say Samui Yacht Club and there's no problem!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family